Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid Zyra Nerf compensation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Force0fNature

10-22-2013

I finally found a champion I enjoy playing and then BAM NERF!!!! wtf. When is this nerf happening? Now im not going to buy the new zyra skin.

Egswg

10-22-2013

a big problem with zyras design is brushes in general

i feel brushes really should be removed. then champions with brush balance in mind (like ashe) can get well needed modifications

removing brushes would also greatly reduce snowball effects of vision on the winning team

Ginga

Recruiter

10-22-2013

Wait, but removing brushes also completely screws with a mess load of other champions and changes the game completely.

Nidalee and Rengar would be out of a Passive. It just became 2x harder to play Nunu and Assassins. And Caitlyn just lost the second part of her Passive.

Mundo

10-22-2013

If you want to nerf support Zyra and buff mid do this:

Increase cooldown timer for seeds and the amount you can hold.

Mid
+You hold on to your seeds and you will most likely have more when time comes.

Support
-Longer timer on the seeds

Increase damage from ap ratio but nerf the base damage on spells overall, increase cooldown or change the root into a knockback.

Mid
+Increase AP Ratio means you will need to buy more AP to deal damage and so it has less base damage to compensate making support Zyra weaker without AP.

Support
-Increased cooldown and AP ratio would mean Zyra has less spell spamming and damage. It would be worse for support Zyra to be played because of the long waits and lower damage.

suprachiasmatic

10-22-2013

Quote:
Mundo:
If you want to nerf support Zyra and buff mid do this:

Increase cooldown timer for seeds and the amount you can hold.

Mid
+You hold on to your seeds and you will most likely have more when time comes.

Support
-Longer timer on the seeds

Increase damage from ap ratio but nerf the base damage on spells overall, increase cooldown or change the root into a knockback.

Mid
+Increase AP Ratio means you will need to buy more AP to deal damage and so it has less base damage to compensate making support Zyra weaker without AP.

Support
-Increased cooldown and AP ratio would mean Zyra has less spell spamming and damage. It would be worse for support Zyra to be played because of the long waits and lower damage.

Or they could just leave her alone completely, because she has counterplay already and she is balanced, as is.

Ginga

Recruiter

10-22-2013

Quote:
Mundo:

Mid

You have no idea how much that could also screw with AP mid Zyra do you.

Not all Zyra players start with a ton of AP, not all will rush a Deathcap. Those who get a Chalice first will feel a severe nerf. Those who prefer Liandries+Rylai's+mPen combo will suffer a lot as well since they rely a lot more on her bases than straight up AP burst Zyra.

Aerothal

Recruiter

10-24-2013

Quote:
suprachiasmatic:
Or they could just leave her alone completely, because she has counterplay already and she is balanced, as is.

This, this, soooo much this!

Aerothal

Recruiter

10-24-2013

These "changes" press her into the ap burst zone.
You practically have to build huge ap upfront to even be remotely viable in lane.
Alternative build paths or the chalice path (if you have an ap jungle who needs blue as much as you do)are gutted and lose early game pressure and farm.
"Oh, I do not like it!
Not one little bit!"

Ginga

Recruiter

10-24-2013

So I just realized. With the changes to her Q, if my math is correct, it takes roughly 500 AP TO EVEN BREAK EVEN.

Remember the Zyra who has to build Chalice first for survivability against the likes of Ahri? Remember the Zyra who prefers to go the Liandries+Rylai's+MPEN route? What about those of us who wanted to play her as something other than a pure glass cannon AP huh?!?

WHY must you force all Zyra players to rush Rabadon's, DFG, and other glass cannon AP items? Is there anything wrong with the players who built Liandries+Rylai's+MPEN on her? Was that really all that "OP"?

dcmasta

10-24-2013

My question is, are they still keeping the other changes they proposed to her W and R or are they only changing her Q?