Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid Zyra Nerf compensation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avelys

10-11-2013

Please, no, just no. Zyra has a hard time in mid as it is with the assassin meta, nerfs would make her unusable.

Frankee

10-11-2013

I think she needs to keep the CDR. Possibly lower the damage her plants do but let her store more seeds to compensate?

This way you can have 3-4 plants out with more ability management to spread out her ramp up.

I find the early - mid game, double seed - plant activate fairly damaging. Especially against mids who cant gap close away.

WIth having to put more plants, they have more reaction time to deal with it and it will be less punishing if you activate fewer plants for quick damage.

TomatoTamago

10-11-2013

Since Zyra is designed to be a mage/mid, all balance should revolve around mid zyra.Support zyra is just an alternative people take,it should not be considered in the balancing.So there is no need to strengthen support zyra,however nerfing it is fine because this its to make Zyra more mid-dy

Kiima

10-11-2013

Hey were buffing Zyra so she can cast her plant father.... but nerfing her so you can't actually activate them at the same range, oh yah that made sense in reverse world were nerf are buffs.

TomatoTamago

10-11-2013

Why dont just turn damage per level of seed to ratio ?

XSkylarcX

10-11-2013

I play a lot of support and yes i almost always pick zyra. compared to other supports she is fun to play! many other traditional support chmpions are so boring u could fall asleep (leona,soraka,taric) and you are completely dependent on your carry doing well and defending his own lane. with zyra you acually feel like you have some abilety to help hold your lane! you dont feel like your usless even if ur carry is behind.

i hardly ever pick zyra for mid lane, she dosent stand a chance vs those gapclosers that are so populair now days, the best u can hope for is puting out enough damage around urself as u die and then pick up a kill with passive... yay.. (that passive is stupid btw.. rewarding only when u die and u get nothing for playing well )

i dont agree that zyra needs to be nerfed. if she was such a threat she would get banned in draft, and she is not to my knowledge. Also if Zyra is such a problem bot you can always counter pick her.

support is the roll that the least amount of people wants to play, mostly becouse thay feel powerless to help carry, and that support gameplay is nonrewarding and boring.

dont nerf zyra into a weak boring support! make other supports fun and powerfull!

TomatoTamago

10-11-2013

Quote:
Frankee:
I think she needs to keep the CDR. Possibly lower the damage her plants do but let her store more seeds to compensate?

This way you can have 3-4 plants out with more ability management to spread out her ramp up.

I find the early - mid game, double seed - plant activate fairly damaging. Especially against mids who cant gap close away.

WIth having to put more plants, they have more reaction time to deal with it and it will be less punishing if you activate fewer plants for quick damage.

if more plant then have to remove the delay betwee each w cast so that can do 4plant at once XD

TomatoTamago

10-11-2013

A little is still nerf,especially when zyra is quite balanced for mid already.
We can compare zyra with malzahar both having good harass(malzahar E) and having pet but why zyra is chosen to be a support.I think the main thing is their ulti in which Zyra ulti is way too great as a support.For me i would change Zyra ulti to something other.Maybe something only can use when u have plant or something that grows plant into another type of monster like current reworked heimer RQ?

TomatoTamago

10-11-2013

Quote:
Ginga:
One more thing...

You shouldn't be hurting a NON-OVERPOWERED CHAMPION even a little bit at all. Do something else to nerf her support. Do it in a way that has zero repercussions on mid Zyra. Make it against the rules to play AP mids as support. Make all other supports as attractive as support Zyra so she won't look so OP anymore.

Or hell, change how the support role works, shake it up enough to the point where Zyra is no longer viable as a support somehow.

Add a passive where if Zyra buy sight ward she dies immediately

TomatoTamago

10-11-2013

Quote:
No Pawns Dawns:
I should have known it was you behind these changes. No, seriously, every champ you've ever created or touched is either gamebreakingly overpowered or completely tossed into the dumpster. We are really letting the guy with a track record that includes Darius and Thresh, touch our favorite plant lady?

Seriously, why are you messing with Morello's plant lady? Please just stop. She doesn't like your naughty touch. Also, how in the world can you say those changes won't affect mid Zyra? She now has to try and find a 10% CDR item to max out CDR. Maybe DFG? Oh wait, we nerfed her range as well and she's a SQUISHY SKILLSHOT BASED CHAMP so DFG is out. Morellonomicon and Athene's both result in a mid zyra with blue wasting 10% CDR, so these items are extremely inefficient. This leaves us with some rather hilariously bad items. OH lets rush a Banner of Command, I hear it's a great item! The only item that even makes a little bit of sense is the Spirit of the Spectral Wraith. Now onto the base damage. Zyra mid in the current meta shines pre level 6. These nerfs will absolutely destroy her early game power, which is what she relies on to stay alive against these assassins we all see every.single.game. Why just a flat out nerf? Seriously? So you take base damage, spell range, and CDR away from her and say nothing will happen to her mid? Go home CertainlyT, you're ****ing drunk.

Then riddle me this. Why even taunt us with increasing seed range, yet decreasing the range of the spell that can turn the seed into a plant? This is a really cruel joke of a nerf.

TLDR: CertainlyT breaks anything he touches and Riot needs to take a serious look at the support role instead of nerfing all of the AP casters that have taken the place of the gutted supports.

I agree,her playstyle is suppose to harass pre6 thus saying it strong and nerfing it is stupid because this is her playstyle.Every champion should have their strong method of playing,so dont say it strong and nerf it.I agree with your point that Zyra is so squishy and only use skillshot,this makes her very very hard to run and she is already in a pity state.Imagine a zed ulti her she is just gonna die with tat super slow movespeed,skillshot based skills and delayed ulti knock up + squishy state + delayed passive which makes her not even able to kill zed even zed has 1hp left.

Quote:
Ginga:
Yeah I can't see what you're trying to say...

And overall it sounds rather unconvincing. Unless you're planning on doing some drastic overhauls to compensate for these nerfs, it sounds more like attempts to justify nerfing support Zyra without compensating mid Zyra.

CertainlyT, answer me this. Do you know how crappy it feels to have a balanced champion you love playing her in the INTENDED X-way, nerfed just because everyone else is playing them in Y-way and deems her OP when played Y-way?

If you really can't nerf her Support without angering Mid Zyra, I rather you just rework her kit so that support players won't touch her anymore.

i agree,Zyra is suppose to be mid,why do you let an alternative role(support) to affect her Mid role?