Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

sneak peek for ahri's 3.13 changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devi Freak Mint

10-10-2013

Quote:
TerminalVeloc1ty:
They technically did. You aren't going to have enough ability power at level 6 for it to actually matter. And the base damage is higher. It's a technicality, but it's a truthful one.

In addition to that, they said "when you land charm, you will do more damage". And that is true.

And it's supposed to be a nerf. They said they were nerfing you. So that's what happened.

Ahri is not a single target assassin. Her damage is going down, no matter which way you slice it.

t4tNoFp4Ve

10-10-2013

Quote:
Foxfire Ahri:
something that will REALLY help differentiate good Ahri's from Great Ahris is: Orb Curving, the art of using Mobility to shape the path of your Orb, so that the true damage part hits, whether it be by Walking, Spirit Rushing, Flashing, or any other way(Thresh lantern?) by doing something such as having the charm's effect interact with Q's true damage will reward Ahri players for hitting the true damage, Orb Curving will help you hit the true damage in many more ocations then just throwing your Q and disregarding its path. Hence directly rewarding great players and differentiating them.

Finally someone that actually knows about the Orb Curving, and one of the reasons while i mentioned that Orb smart ussage isnt getting rewarded at all, because the first part is the easiest to land (the one that will get amplified by Charm, because it's magic damage), while the True Damage, the skillful part is totally getting ignored

Seriously, people that know about Orb Curving are rare cases, glad to have some here

Wonderful Tigger

10-10-2013

Hey Rickless!

Played Ahri since her release and made Diamond this season with the champion. Definitely passionate about this one, so I thought I'd speak out.

I'm concerned the changes outlined will force Ahri to marry DFG and to limit her item choice selection.

I feel the charm change greatly rewards further amplification of damage - The E -> DFG -> into combo will do significantly more damage if the damage amp stacks.

But I feel like this completely kills Ahri's build variety. The 7 second change on her ult is also concerning, was there a problem with leaving it at the 10 seconds? I generally kept a stack of her ult handy until the last second possible to see if I needed it in sticky situations.

Devi Freak Mint

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
if you hit with two fox-fires, you're doing ~86% of the old damage without charm, and 104% of the old damage with charm. basically, multi-hit damage without charm was very intentionally nerfed, and multi-hit damage with charm is around the same amount of damage (+/- depending on one extra hit or two).

do you have any other questions about the mechanics/numbers of the change? if you're concerned about how it plays in game, then i'd really love to hear your thoughts after playing her a couple of times. :3

Why is Ahri being treated as an assassin. Her primary tag (and main role until a few weeks ago) is mage.
The changes to Foxfire and Spirit Rush greatly decrease her AoE damage.
The Charm change increasing single target damage isn't something we wanted.

We want Charm + Orb of Deception to feel rewarding.
Stretching Spirit Rush should be rewarded. Currently we are paying by having a longer CD by delaying using it. The new changes just punishes people who didn't spam Spirit Rush as fast as possible.

Since only ~3 champions abuse DFG, shouldn't major Ahri changes wait until the S4 item rework?

GhostStalker

10-10-2013

Quote:
Devi Freak Mint:
Ahri is not a single target assassin.

Pretty sure she is now. That's the direction they want to go.

Quote:
Devi Freak Mint:
Her damage is going down, no matter which way you slice it.

Obviously. It's a nerf. But a very negible one at that if you can play the champion correctly.

Avalon Bright

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
if you hit with two fox-fires, you're doing ~86% of the old damage without charm, and 104% of the old damage with charm. basically, multi-hit damage without charm was very intentionally nerfed, and multi-hit damage with charm is around the same amount of damage (+/- depending on one extra hit or two).

do you have any other questions about the mechanics/numbers of the change? if you're concerned about how it plays in game, then i'd really love to hear your thoughts after playing her a couple of times. :3

I'd like to play her if PBE was able to be patched, yes. You can bet that's the first thing I ran to try doing.

I am hoping I'm wrong regarding the outcome of this though, as I'm expecting the Silence tactic (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/22/the-power-of-silence-why-the-simcity-story-went-away/) to come into play here. You (Riot, not you specifically) have done it in the past regarding the skin price changes outcry (Hippalus: "Well we'll see how people feel about it in a few weeks!" knowing full well no one would still be complaining by then), the Dark Valkyrie Diana fiasco, etc.

I do not want to see this topic come to an end, then when people start playing her on the PBE and confirm everything this thread is saying, Riot is nowhere to be found and no one cares enough anymore to listen. >_>

GhostStalker

10-10-2013

Quote:
Eshiel:

I love playing Ahri, and whether she deserves a nerf is open for discussion. But don't pretend you're just migrating power from one part of her kit to another when some of the power goes MIA.

They aren't. They said this was a nerf. Where are you people getting the impressions they wanted to out right buff her?

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
konfetarius:
Yeah, you say you want to promote "tricky" plays and you are destroying her ability to layer RW to fight bruisers like Jax.

Simple example - in Dominion, Ahri can ONLY fight bruisers 1 on 1 because she can space out R for multiple spell rotations. This design forces her to burst or lose a lot of damage due to the 4 second Amp weight. And that's just forcing the pattern, let alone the idea the idea that her sustained damage is going down in favor of burst. Plus, the W into single target nerf removes the Furor boots synergy, which is a massive nerf.

Besides, wasn't everyone complaining explicitly ABOUT "ahri the faceroll mega assassin"? It feels like you did the opposite of that. Slightly improved her assassination and nerfed everything else about her - potential mobility, "tricky" plays, sustained DPS.

thanks for this—i'll chat with manwolfaxeboss about these changes in detail. insight into how she plays on summoners rift and/or twisted treeline is super valuable, so please feel free to post more if you get a chance to play her on the pbe.

Dies to Wolves

10-10-2013

I might be very wrong but Charm + DFG sounds ridiculously strong to me

Cater2mcf

10-10-2013

Quote:
TerminalVeloc1ty:
They aren't. They said this was a nerf. Where are you people getting the impressions they wanted to out right buff her?

I got the impression that they wanted to reduce her burst and not her sustained damage. Kind of a victim of DFGs failed design.