Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

sneak peek for ahri's 3.13 changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

10-10-2013

Quote:
Quintessence:
It is so insanely unlikely for Foxfire to hit more than twice...

Sure, if you turn the ability on before you're actually in range, then yeah it's going to hit other things.

Devi Freak Mint

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
oh, btw, for those interested in her damage comparisons to other magic damage mages and/or assassins, here's some really basic comparisons for approximate level 6 damage:

again, the comparisons are super basic so they're just a loose reference. the numbers don't mean anything on their own, but might help out people who aren't familiar with damage levels get a sense of what to expect when they first play against her. sometimes it's easy to lose track of numbers given there are so many being thrown around.

You can't use all 3 charges of Spirit without using sequence of a similar duration. Most examples would already be well into their second rotation by the time Ahri is done with hers. And then there's the AD parts of several rotation (i.e: Fizz's Q).

Ahri's live "burst" would be 405 (+180%AP) (Without Charm)

And it feels generous as most mages on the list complete their rotations in <2 sec.

Avalon Bright

10-10-2013

Quote:
TerminalVeloc1ty:
I've seen Ahri's (more than just a few times) hit every single ability on the target. If you aren't doing that, then you aren't playing ahri right. ESPECIALLY in the laning phase. Team fights might be a bit more hectic, and not everyone is going to perform the same, but I think you just shot yourself in the foot with this.

My friend plays ahri at an Average level, and is able to combo people effectively using ALL of his abilities to hit the target.

Dude, just stop. The fact you think she's hitting every ability "especially in the laning phase" means you have no idea what you're talking about. The laning phase is when she's more likely than ever to NOT hit every single ability with all the minions flying around.

You said yourself you don't play her, and you have no idea how her spells actually interact with targets and each other. Just... For your own sake, stop now.

saintyoo

10-10-2013

I wrote a lengthy reply about these changes but shorter is better:

-now is confined into a linear assasin role in team fights
-must lead with charm, meaning a very straight forward combo (less fun)
-has to land charm on her target to do full burst but her targets are in the back line
-can punish people for being out of position (as always)
-otherwise must use ult to even get into position to charm target (leading to loss of potential damage)
-cannot kite or peel as well (rylais)
-unless ahead by a wide margin, barely scratches bruisers and tanks without ult (true before changes)
-dominates skirmishes
-charm has never been able to isolate a target unless they were already out of position to a degree
-to get full burst, must unload everything in a short window of time, cannot space out dashes and may even have to use the last dash to kill, meaning you cannot get away.
-Snowbally

Overall, I think the pro's play her to her full potential due to mechanical skill and coordination that allows her to catch people and insta nuke them. However in most cases, she is a good early laner, roamer and skirmisher but once full on team fights start, it's nearly impossible for her to go in (without blowing up) unless her team is already winning the team fight. She can punish mistakes but in teamfights, she literally does nothing until the enemy team uses all their cool downs and are low health.

Layla

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
Ahri[INDENT]Essence Theft
  • Now heals Ahri for (2 + Champion Level) +9% AP each time her passive-enhanced spells hit an enemy (from 35% Spell Vamp)

Would you mind clarifying this real quick? Are you saying that it will now have a flat component healing for 2/4/6/8/etc. plus scaling 9% AP, or is it just one big scaling heal of 11%/13%/15%/17%/etc.?

Avalon Bright

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
if that's true, that just makes the new ahri better by comparison since the newer damage reduction values would be less of a factor. for example, if players generally only ever hit one fox-fire against their intended target, the ahri changes would leave fox-fire at 100% of the damage without charm, and 120% of the damage with charm (a straight buff).

Except you're still hitting them with less damage since the extra missile STILL does less flat % than the old W whether they got hit with one or two. Rickless, pls. Stop.

What does it take for this team to admit they're wrong? This entire thread save for one person is completely dogpiling you and you're not only outright making numbers up but you're falsely making her look better than she actually is by acting like her spells hit on a regular basis.

t4tNoFp4Ve

10-10-2013

Quote:
TerminalVeloc1ty:
Look at that, new Ahri does more damage, just like i've been saying, and people are moaning about her somehow doing less damage.

▫ Ahri (live) 575 (+285% AP) [with Charm], 515 (+250% AP) [without Charm]
▫ Ahri (new) 587 (+273% AP) [with Charm], 454 (+204% AP) [without Charm]

Are you really reading?, the only scenario where she "supposedly" deals more damage, is the one bolded, and even on that scenario she's just getting 12 more FLAT damage, yes, 12 at the cost of losing 13% (PERCENT) AP ratio

Seriously, read before commenting, think before commenting

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-10-2013

also, if i ever sound too dry and/or calculating feel free to call me out on it—whenever i get deep into numbers talk, i switch into 'analysis mode' which is less chatty. >_<

GhostStalker

10-10-2013

Quote:
Avalon Bright:
Dude, just stop. The fact you think she's hitting every ability "especially in the laning phase" means you have no idea what you're talking about. The laning phase is when she's more likely than ever to NOT hit every single ability with all the minions flying around.

You said yourself you don't play her, and you have no idea how her spells actually interact with targets and each other. Just... For your own sake, stop now.

Foxfire and Spirit Rush Prioritize's champions. It's incredibly easy to get these abilities to hit. Just don't use them when you're not in range if you want to hit with every single ability. If you're using the first charge of spirit rush just to get in range or w/e for a quick assault, then sure, you arnet going to hit with THAT ability. But you have no excuse for not hitting all your charges for Foxfire. At all.

WhySoEnvious

10-10-2013

You essentialy ruined my favorite Champ in the league.

You nerfed EVERY single move of hers EXCEPT one of the SLOWEST single target "CC" spells in the game, and you call this a fair change ??

You disgust me riot, deeply.