Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

sneak peek for ahri's 3.13 changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LtSmashFSP

10-10-2013

But her numbers already sucked O_O so glad I don't play her.

Avalon Bright

10-10-2013

Quote:
Renzokuken:
Implying you can land the 3 fires on a single target
You are forgetting that each wisp fires itself based on THEIR current position, which often leads to missing Wisps unless you go HAM straight into all the enemies faces (which leads to a dead Ahri)

So, basically, you charm someone, and you now just lose damage unless you jump into the fray, which we are now forced to do because our kiting potential gets removed (Rylai's nerf) and our repositioning window gets reduced by 3 seconds (Spirit Rush nerf)

And with all of that, you are still not rewarded by landing charm, because the damage output is still nerfed WITH a succesful Charm

This needs more notice. Even Riot's own team fails to take notice of how impossibly unlikely it is to land all three Ws on a single target, charmed or not. Sure, if you run into someone 1v1 in the jungle you might be able to land them all...As long as you're not by an active minion camp, and you might come out on top as long as they aren't remotely tanky or sustain-y.

And again, people seem to be failing to notice that Rickless just said even WITH a charm her damage has been nerfed. I don't even know anymore.

Poring X3

10-10-2013

I have faith these won't be the final changes to her. It's too much of a nerf.

Why would you even pick her with these changes? Other than perhaps character love.

Ahri wasn't even used once or banned in the finals of worlds.

Quintessence

10-10-2013

Guess I'll just move on to Kassawin since he never gets nerfs.

Avalon Bright

10-10-2013

Quote:
BurningVigor:
I have faith these won't be the final changes to her. It's too much of a nerf.

Why would you even pick her with these changes? Other than perhaps character love.

Ahri wasn't even used once or banned in the finals of worlds.

RIGHT? I was so hoping for Xpeke vs Faker in the Finals so whoever won we'd probably see an Ahri Worlds skin next year. ...And then Faker doesn't even pick her ONCE, instead going for the fatman. Faker-senpai pls.

t4tNoFp4Ve

10-10-2013

Quote:
TerminalVeloc1ty:
No I don't play Ahri, but I play against her and with her enough to know that the direction of these changes are great. Land Charm? Do big damage. Don't land charm? You do damage, just not big damage.

Just to point this out, no, you are not rewarded even when landing Charm, rickless already said it

Landing charm and all foxfires still would give you only 96% of the old damage, they aren't rewarding any skillfull play in favor of nerfing dumb play, these are straight nerfs

They are straight removing Mage Ahri playstyle (forcing even a more glass cannony build, and removal of Rylai's synergy)
They are straight nerfing her repositioning window, which pushes you onto dumb play (spamming R casts instead of smart ussage)
The Charm Amplification ony affects the first part of Orb of Deception, which is the easiest part to land, so, they are not rewarding anything here

I dont need to test this "new" Ahri ours to know how badly she's getting destroyed
You just need to see their "direction" they want to take on Ahri, which was to nerf her assasiny and dumb playstyle, and they are just....forcing Ahri into assasiny and dumb playstyle, by nerfing every aspect she has to play smart

Diabetus X

10-10-2013

Fix the patch updating!

GhostStalker

10-10-2013

Quote:
Renzokuken:
Just to point this out, no, you are not rewarded even when landing Charm, rickless already said it

Landing charm and all foxfires still would give you only 96% of the old damage, they aren't rewarding any skillfull play in favor of nerfing dumb play, these are straight nerfs

And without landing Charm how much damage would fox fire do then? So you are rewarded for landing charms, are you so angry that you cannot possibly see that you are being rewarded for landing charms?

Make no mistake (And i said this in the same post you quoted, but you left it out), these are nerfs. They're supposed to be nerfs. Ahri is too strong. Be lucky that under ideal circumstances you are only recieving a 4% damage nerf on her foxfires.

Did you not notice that landing a charm will allow Orb of Deception's initial hit to deal MORE damage than it previously does now? Her Ultimate will either be doing more damage, or really close to her current damage values on charmed targets.

It requires skill to land charm's and you and the opponent can play around that. And you can still poke them down with Orb of Deception (it's been unchanged).

You need to actually play the champion instead of pre-whine.

Cater2mcf

10-10-2013

Also, the ult "buff" nerf. The sign of better Ahries that they don't use all their charges immediately, they extend it to an optimal time, preferable using 2 orb of deceptions for the duration. Now, the cooldown of orb of deception is 7 seconds and mage Ahri has no real options for CDR(athenes suck on her, DFG is a nono), meaning that she is even hit there.
The damage amplification encourage people to just rambo in and use up all the charges, which synergises well with DFG build, doing the same rambo using up all your charges right off the bat. So basically it is not even a nerf for them, it is a nerf for mages.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-10-2013

oh, btw, for those interested in her damage comparisons to other magic damage mages and/or assassins, here's some really basic comparisons for approximate level 6 damage:

Quote:
These changes would put her ‘almost perfect all-in’ at level 6 at 454 (+204%AP) without landing Charm, and the ‘perfect all-in’ at 587 (+273%AP) when landing Charm. Both include Both hits from Q, all 3 hits from W, and 3 hits from R onto the desired target.

Compare to these other level 6 all-ins on live:
▫ Ahri (live) 575 (+285% AP) [with Charm], 515 (+250% AP) [without Charm]
▫ Ahri (new) 587 (+273% AP) [with Charm], 454 (+204% AP) [without Charm]
▫ Annie 465 (+215% AP) [this does not include any damage from Molten Shield or Tibbers's aura]
▫ Fizz 420 (+305% AP) (+4% Missing Health)
▫ Kassadin 350 (+250% AP) [this is with one Nether Blade attack and a zero-stack Riftwalk]
▫ Lissandra 435 (+255% AP)
▫ Lux 650 (+205% AP) [this includes one instance of Illumination popped by R and one instance popped by a basic attack]
▫ Syndra 570 (+230% AP) [this is with zero additional Dark Spheres on Unleashed Power]

again, the comparisons are super basic so they're just a loose reference. the numbers don't mean anything on their own, but might help out people who aren't familiar with damage levels get a sense of what to expect when they first play against her. sometimes it's easy to lose track of numbers given there are so many being thrown around.