Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

sneak peek for ahri's 3.13 changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t4tNoFp4Ve

10-10-2013

Why are you destroying Ahri and not Kass or Zed?

Seriously, STRAIGHT NERFS to EVERYTHING besides Orb of Deception

You are even taking out her synergy with Rilay's, totally forcing her even more into DFG item path

Nerfing the duration of the ultimate "buff", without reducing the in-between cast CD

"clear areas of mastery that differentiate the good Ahris from the great Ahris"

You mean, the mastery of stop playing her?, seriously, these changes are EXTREMELY STUPID

GhostStalker

10-10-2013

Quote:
Renzokuken:
Why are you destroying Ahri and not Kass or Zed?

Seriously, STRAIGHT NERFS to EVERYTHING besides Orb of Deception

You are even taking out her synergy with Rilay's, totally forcing her even more into DFG item path

Nerfing the duration of the ultimate "buff", without reducing the in-between cast CD

"clear areas of mastery that differentiate the good Ahris from the great Ahris"

You mean, the mastery of stop playing her?, seriously, these changes are EXTREMELY STUPID

Seriously? If she lands a Charm, she does MORE DAMAGE than she did previously. Do the math. And then add in DFG and she gets absurd on charmed targets.

Sophitia

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i currently associate 'multiple rotations within an ult' with ahri's patterns later in the game (once fox-fire is maxed out), but let's keep an eye on this together—i'll be spectating/playing games and taking feedback, you guys play her a bit on the pbe and give feedback. if this hurts a healthy playstyle of ahri's (and i think that her kiting patterns are healthy) then i'm happy to tune/revert this change. :3

Kind of curious you guys didn't buff orb of deception instead of her passive. The return damage on Q is harder to hit, so it makes sense to buff that instead of her passive if you want to encourage less "free" damage from W and ult. The nerfs on ult are also pretty hefty when combod with the foxfire nerfs and will take away from the assassin feel of ahri imo. Especially because when you ult in, you usually need 1-2 ults to land charm because of gap closing distance, further reducing her damage output.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Cater2mcf:
Hai, with the W being multi-target now, you kinda destroyed the mage Ahri, that I love and play. Rylai's is a main item for her, while fans of mage Ahri tend to hate DFG.

I thought the main problem with her that she bursts way too fast, but as I see, you guys served the assassin fans, if you hit your things, you are rewarded way more, reducing the time she needs to burst, while you kinda ruined her for the original mage fans.
I must state again, you guys wanted her to take more time to kill her targets, but you increased her burst and lowered her sustained damage. Kinda destroying the way I played my main champ.

i'm actually very, very interested in hearing post-game feedback from ahri players with this playstyle. there are a lot of changes that in summation should keep 'mage ahri' as an effective playstyle, but if i'm off i'll need testimonials from players that have tried it out a few times to help support future iterations.

Avalon Bright

10-10-2013

All I have to say is - http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=42115616#post42115616

I've never been more disappointed in your balance team than I am right now. These nerfs are so out of touch with what the actual issue is that I don't even know what you're thinking anymore.

You even further locked her into the Worlds build path that is exactly what is causing the issue, the impossible deviation from DFG/Void/Abyssal/Rabadon's/Sorc's.

The entire problem with this path being used is because her LAST nerfs already hit her obnoxiously hard and the ONLY way to make her feel like she made any sort of difference was building her entirely glass cannon. Now her damage is even lower (and I highly expect that ult is going to make her feel very awkward and no longer fluid at all, which is what I loved about her), meaning you're going to have to go even further into a straight glass cannon path to make up for her terrible base damage and ratios.

This entire change is so out of touch with reality I can't even begin to fathom what's going on over there. It's like you see she got picked a ton in Worlds, completely ignored her actual statistics and performance when she *was* doing well, and merely decided she needed slammed across the board.

You talk about separating the bad Ahris from the good, SHE ALREADY DID THAT by virtue of her entire kit. I have seen every person I know pick her up and do absolutely horribly with her, immediately giving up when they realize she isn't a FreElo faceroll champ. Ahri is not an easy champ to play in the first place. At all.

You need to worry about her mana management. You need to weigh the risk and reward of making yourself a huge target by positioning yourself to land E in the first place. You need to be in extremely close range to land all your Ws on your primary target and keep track of their odd positioning in general. You need to be able to actually LAND skillshots at all, including one that is extremely slow and narrow. You need to know how to compensate for her very poor move speed. You need to know how to position yourself with her ult and what to do between casts rather than just spamming uses. Who in their right mind legitimately thinks Ahri is not a high skillcap champion, especially on Riot's own development team?!

t4tNoFp4Ve

10-10-2013

Quote:
TerminalVeloc1ty:
Seriously? If she lands a Charm, she does MORE DAMAGE than she did previously. Do the math. And then add in DFG and she gets absurd on charmed targets.

If you are trying to dive your face into the whole enemy team with your ulti, to get CC'd to death, yes, you "might" deal more damage

But a good Ahri, that knows how to use her ulti to reposition while dealing damage and looking for openings for her skillshots wont deal more damage, so, they are just rewarding going HAM like an idiot, and not skillfull play

Also, they took 40% damage from FoxFire, which could be used 1 or 2 times while Charm was on CD, you are losing more damage there

Also, they took Rylai's from Foxfire, which hurts her kiting potential by A LOT, so, they are favoritizing DFG and going HAM like an idiot, even more

Do you even play ahri?, anyone that plays Ahri knows that the change to Charm is not good if it goes with ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL those nerfs

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i'm actually very, very interested in hearing post-game feedback from ahri players with this playstyle. there are a lot of changes that in summation should keep 'mage ahri' as an effective playstyle, but if i'm off i'll need testimonials from players that have tried it out a few times to help support future iterations.

Im one of those players (my main Acc is Ankokukai, currenty on LAN, i mention it so you can check ranked stats and what-not) and i've been extremely fond of Mage Ahri with Rylai's as her core item for chasing, kiting and control power, and this change just totally destroys the playstyle

Xelltrix

10-10-2013

I'm in agreement with the Rylai's point. One of the best things about her before the DFG took off was using her with Rylai's and getting the single-target effect on her W to kite out and have extended engages instead. With this change, now Ahri's only option is to be a burst assassin which was the entire reason Riot shifted their stance from "Ahri is in a good place" to "Ahri is way too damn strong". These adjustments seem to embrace her bursting someone and running away style rather than shying away from it.

ClarkJKent

10-10-2013

Nerf Ahri/Buff Olaf 2013

Poring X3

10-10-2013

overkill...

She wasn't even OP to begin with.

goremote

10-10-2013

Not even an Ahri player, and those nerfs look devastating...