Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

sneak peek for ahri's 3.13 changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Eludeasaurus:
as it stands it takes 7 seconds to even cast all 3. so you can't actually use any spells during it now.

numbers will be easier to talk about once she's playable, but the 7 seconds is still a very wide window—you can do all three dashes, orb of deception, and fox-fire within the 4-second window of charm's damage amp. going by our tests so far, 7 seconds is quite comfortable even if you want to space dashes out for lich bane procs (for example).

if anyone feels like this reduction cripples a certain playstyle, i'm interested in hearing about it.

Elewd

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
numbers will be easier to talk about once she's playable, but the 7 seconds is still a very wide window—you can do all three dashes, orb of deception, and fox-fire within the 4-second window of charm's damage amp. going by our tests so far, 7 seconds is quite comfortable even if you want to space dashes out for lich bane procs (for example).

if anyone feels like this reduction cripples a certain playstyle, i'm interested in hearing about it.

mkay good to know, last time i played ahri it felt like it took 6/7 seconds to get a full combo off with her and that worried me the most about it.

Devi Freak Mint

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

We should be able to ult in, do a rotation and do a second rotation while ulting/kiting out. Using every ult charges too fast already causes issues with it not dealing damage because you're out of range.

Shadowclipse

10-10-2013

Yea the one thing I can see with the ult changes is that this may limit Ahri's re-positioning ability a bit. But all of this doesn't matter until we actually get to play her and see for ourselves. 7 secs is still pretty good I think. If it was at 5 then maybe I'll rant a bit xD.

LightEcho

10-10-2013

Ouch these are pretty damn harsh.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Devi Freak Mint:
We should be able to ult in, do a rotation and do a second rotation while ulting/kiting out. Using every ult charges too fast already causes issues with it not dealing damage because you're out of range.

i currently associate 'multiple rotations within an ult' with ahri's patterns later in the game (once fox-fire is maxed out), but let's keep an eye on this together—i'll be spectating/playing games and taking feedback, you guys play her a bit on the pbe and give feedback. if this hurts a healthy playstyle of ahri's (and i think that her kiting patterns are healthy) then i'm happy to tune/revert this change. :3

Cater2mcf

10-10-2013

Hai, with the W being multi-target now, you kinda destroyed the mage Ahri, that I love and play. Rylai's is a main item for her, while fans of mage Ahri tend to hate DFG.

I thought the main problem with her that she bursts way too fast, but as I see, you guys served the assassin fans, if you hit your things, you are rewarded way more, reducing the time she needs to burst, while you kinda ruined her for the original mage fans.
I must state again, you guys wanted her to take more time to kill her targets, but you increased her burst and lowered her sustained damage. Kinda destroying the way I played my main champ.

Elewd

10-10-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i currently associate 'multiple rotations within an ult' with ahri's patterns later in the game (once fox-fire is maxed out), but let's keep an eye on this together—i'll be spectating/playing games and taking feedback, you guys play her a bit on the pbe and give feedback. if this hurts a healthy playstyle of ahri's (and i think that her kiting patterns are healthy) then i'm happy to tune/revert this change. :3

ihavn't tried it out yet but just from me seeing the changes and numbers just from my standpoint it looks like,

a Good ahri will be able to kill people out of position a little bit faster with DFG
but Bad Ahri players won't be able to kill anything without putting themselves in danger.

FromTXwithLove

10-10-2013

Is that a best-case scenario of Fox-Fire doing 20% less damage? 40% sans Charm? I can understand changes to her ult, but I never felt Fox-Fire was too strong, damage-wise (I did always think that it was broken in being treated as single-target damage). I always liked about Ahri, being able to max W over Q when laning against champs that like to get in your face, It helped her trade with folks like Zed, Kha back in the day, those Lee Sin mids, and that S2 Katarina. Now it looks practically worthless, I dunno about that.

Honestly that's the only change I see any issues with, everything else looks reasonable to me. I actually LIKE the changes to Charm and her passive, that's all honestly pretty cool. The changes to her ult are likely necessary, it's a very powerful ability. But 40% damage off of Fox-Fire seems excessive.

Psyclone Joker

10-10-2013

Since you're giving her a free DFG on her Charm I take it this means you're removing DFG in season 4, right?