Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaethFang

10-10-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Waiting till people get him in game is almost as bad as waiting to be able to post all this stuff aaaaaaaa

Not off the top of my head, but I can poke around and see what I learn.

Updated the first post with your answer ^^

Hehe, thanks ^^

Wow that was a quick answer, and nice to know He will still have a wrench and hammer in his hair (atleast I think that's hair), best part besides his walk imo.

GuiltyGecko

10-10-2013

Please talk about the turret AI when you get a chance! As an amateur programmer that likes to make small games I would love to hear about it.

emTmyclipin2u

10-10-2013

Quote:
CynicalGiant:
You should make it so the regen Heimer gives is increased for each turret nearby and the turrets themselves can give the passive to allies instead of always having to be near Heimer.

The turrets have to be near Heimer, so basically by default allies have to be near Heimer to be near Turrets.

To this end, why did you remove Heimer's ability to heal towers? Or was that just a myth.

Also, since my pbe patcher seems to be broken can anyone who gets in tell me how many turrets it takes to do wraiths. An old strat with Heimer was to max turrets and just put them over the wraiths wall since level 7 turrets could do wraiths 3 times by themselves, and with a grenade added it was almost indefinite. At level 9 you could put them in the enemy wraiths to essentially permanently counter jungle, since almost every jungler is melee and would die trying to clear them out if you ulted. It was of the only viable Heimer strats that wasn't "HERP DERP ROCKET SPAM"

Zyvux

10-10-2013

I'm just very upset they removed the blind on the E. now adc's counter heim like crazy as before i could blind them so they cant kill my turrets with their aa but now any turret i place will get 2 shotted. Maybe add a blind on the ultimate version of an ability if you dont want the blind on a normal one.

DaethFang

10-10-2013

Quote:
Zyvux:
I'm just very upset they removed the blind on the E. now adc's counter heim like crazy as before i could blind them so they cant kill my turrets with their aa but now any turret i place will get 2 shotted. Maybe add a blind on the ultimate version of an ability if you dont want the blind on a normal one.

Im still trying to figure out why teemo still has a blind.

Quintessence

10-10-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
It's actually quite a bit different from Karma. Heimer's cooldown is much higher and he doesn't get it until 6, which lets me make it far, far more powerful. Karma essentially can weave a big version of a normal spell in with her combo, whereas Heimerdinger can choose one of three ultimate spells at a normal ult cooldown.

That is true, I couldn't really think of anything else that we have currently which relates to it. Thanks for explaining it a bit for me

GGA Jeremiah

10-10-2013

Heimer is my most beloved champ, and I have played him a lot. Here is my breakdown.

Passive: Small buff in that the max used to 25 HP5, and now it is 30. Also a small nerf that he doesn't heal regular turrets anymore. At level 18 with Spirit Visage he will have 53.28 HP5, or 10.66 health per second.

Turrets: First thing I noticed right away is the insane mana cost reduction. This really helps. Currently Heimer, even with Athene's has major mana issues. This will help.

Old Turrets Max Health: 530
New Turrets Max Health: 600

Actually a nerf I think, because early on in the game the turrets will be much easier to kill. And with 600 health at level 18 most ADC's will be able to still one shot them. But at level 9 we will be able to have 3 turrets, but before level 9 turrets will be easier to kill.

Now for turrets damage. Let's take a mid game Heimer for example with some AP runes and masteries, and Athenes and Zhonyas for around 200 AP lets say.

Old Turret damage: 102 damage per second. 1,224 damage every 12 seconds.
New Turret damage: 67 Damage per second for the cannon, and 250 damage every 12 seconds from laser shot. 1054 damage every 12 seconds.

The damage will probably end up being a buff even though the turrets do less cannon damage because the lasers will hit more often and you get 3 of them. Also at max cooldown you will get a turret shot every 7.2 seconds.

Turrets deactivating while we are backing is a bummer, but all in all we did not get too much CS that way and since the mana cost is insanely cheaper now, I think I can live with this change. Except hiding in the brush now with a turret out, can give away Heimer's position .

I will have to give some more thought on the rockets, grenades, and the ultimate before I post. I will point out though, that Heimer's ultimate no longer gives 20% CDR. Meaning Heimer now has to get 20% more CDR than he used to. This does open up more build variety, but I really liked getting that free 20% CDR.

GGA Jeremiah

10-10-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
I quite liked the idea of Xypherous's RQ, but it meant Heimerdinger had no ultimate turret to use in cases where he already did have his three turrets out. The big turret doesn't count against the turret limit, but it's still rowdy enough to work in the "caught outside the nest" case, so it's my hope that it's the same thing but better ^^

Magic pen works on turrets, and Rylai's / Liandri's / Spellvamp works on turret beams but not turret autoattacks.

Your idea for the turret on Ultimate is much better in my opinion. A good Heimer with positioning will already have 3 turrets out, so that old ultimate was kind of meh. Rylai's and Liandri's working on Heimer is AMAZING .

Faux, can I ask you about the Furor enchant? Is the laser beam, the rockets, and the grenade all considered AOE? If so I guess no Furor for Heimer.

Stampedeo

10-10-2013

man im still a proud owner of the alien heimer skin nack anck naaaaack!

Zyvux

10-10-2013

Quote:
Stampedeo:
man im still a proud owner of the alien heimer skin nack anck naaaaack!

The alien-genitalia shaped head is way too funny in-game. So worth the RP.