Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Majin Bl3u

10-17-2013

Quote:
this sounds awesome! Nashors tooth anyone?! lol an item that might see more use aside from the 2 or 3 niche champs

Lol i just had a funny idea. What if you got Wits End, then stole some of your own turrets MR? But it would be ok cause YOU are healing it, meaning by attacking your turret with Wits End you are making both yourself AND your turret tankier.

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
EnderDDT:
The turret ult's slow is only on the beam attack, from what I have seen, and that only applies after the turret has fired The old ult applied it almost immediately and undogably though the normal turret's normal attacks. Furthermore the old ult's slow was applied through multiple turrets, meaning that getting out of range of one did not necessarily mean being clear of all of them. Furthermore the old one could be activated from anywhere on the map. The only advantages the new one has is that it isn't as easy to destroy the source of that slow and it can be used a bit more often. The old ulti slow is undeniably better than the new one, but the new ulti overall is better than the old.

Plus he has a stronger more controllable and fairly reliable slow on a much shorter cd within easy reach on grenade, where he didn't before... So I think it makes sense that the ult's slow would not be as reliable as it used to be.

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
Fikule:
Maybe a passive that makes enemies choose:

"Heimerdinger gains 10% of his maximum health over 3 seconds whenever one of his turrets are destroyed."

He loses damage for it, but gains health. At the same time the passive acts as a deterrent to destroying turrets while heimerdinger is low on health but has no downside when heimerdinger is on full health (and can defend his turrets)

Also, this passive scales with his health and the amount of turrets he is able to place.

This one is somewhat similar to the one I suggested, but with some interesting twists, seems a little more selfish (only he gets the heal), so it's probably not as good for supporting, but it really seems pretty nice for him in mid, and as you mentioned, it has counterplay that is not that hard to see, scales interestingly in a way that could let people itemize and skill certain ways to enhance it rather than just being flat like my idea or the current passive, and definitely does tend to help him more when he is behind.

Squishycoast

10-17-2013

There are a lot of interesting ideas. I do have one question though, after the release will Heimer actually be able to support? I mean I've played him in that role now but the new kit seems to me that he wouldn't be as good there. Is the goal to make him be able to support better?

Also, if he is going to play a little more of the support role why shouldn't he be able to toggle his turrets on/off?

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

I went back and looked at all the mages passives for this game and to be honest none of them are really that ground breaking they are just meant to give you a small edge not make or break a character. I think we are overhyping this and expecting this passive to completely change the gameplay of this champion... that being said.

I have two passives that are low mind intensive can be good for support dinger and can help heimer when he is behind (I have already posted these but they have been buried in all 4 million posts)

one- heimer attacking enemies marks them for 5 seconds enemy units that are killed when marked (whether it be by heimy or an ally) the champion who got the kill is given bonus gold and some health

- this allows sustain and enables you to get fed slightly faster than the enemy laner (or feed the adc a little faster) while providing sustain. need some gold or your low on health wipe out some minions.

two- upon heimer landing his spells successfully (rockets and grenade not turrets auto attacks) some of the mana used is refunded and your cooldowns have some time shaved off, in addition nearby allies are also given the same bonuses.
this may not give health sustain but it gives mana sustain so you (and the adc if your supporting) can out harass the enemy laners a little better which can sometimes be better than the support that goes "heres some health"...

^ these passives allow decent benefit for heimer and his allies and are low mind intensive. these may not be very strong passives but go back and look at all of the other mages passives none of theirs are really that powerful either there not supposed to be, just keep that in mind. small edge or sustain, not make or break gameplay.

- if you look at it the way I explained it what the passive becomes doesn't really matter that much were thinking to complicated, try to keep it simple and ust give heim some sort of sustain or small edge that's what a passive is

-edit-- im gonna look at some of the support passives to see what kinda stuff they got. maybe he should have a support like passive.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-17-2013

Quote:
EnderDDT:
The turret ult's slow is only on the beam attack, from what I have seen, and that only applies after the turret has fired

Actually, the new ult applies the slow on its autoattack and has a much greater range than a normal turret ^^

BobOfGoo

10-17-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Actually, the new ult applies the slow on its autoattack and has a much greater range than a normal turret ^^

I'm not sure if I'm such a fan of 1 stationary slow source. Since people can generally just out maneuver the source.

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

lulus passive is pretty legit (ive even said earlier) that heimer should have a little robot that follows him and attacks what he attacks if it provided a small amount of cc he could support with it.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-17-2013

Also I forget who suggested it but I got the special RE targeter in, it now shows where all the bounces will go (won't be on PBE till next build)

Thales

10-17-2013

One thought I've had, not for the passive, would be that it would be interesting if Heimer's ult also temporarily reactivated all his turrets, no matter their position on the map. I feel this would allow him to set up some interesting plays, while at the same time not being oppressively global, due to it being tied to his ult. Then again, it makes an already complex ability even more complicated, so it might take too much mindshare.