Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderDDT

10-17-2013

Quote:
ilolzatpiranhas:
how cant he kite effectivley with the new ult?^ im pretty sure that the turret ult has a slow (im pretty sure it slows thats what someone said in a vid while playing him, i dont lay pbe but i watch gameplay ) on the shots
its like the old one but with more damage in exchange for a longer cooldown if you use the turret one.

The turret ult's slow is only on the beam attack, from what I have seen, and that only applies after the turret has fired The old ult applied it almost immediately and undogably though the normal turret's normal attacks. Furthermore the old ult's slow was applied through multiple turrets, meaning that getting out of range of one did not necessarily mean being clear of all of them. Furthermore the old one could be activated from anywhere on the map. The only advantages the new one has is that it isn't as easy to destroy the source of that slow and it can be used a bit more often. The old ulti slow is undeniably better than the new one, but the new ulti overall is better than the old.

Fikule

10-17-2013

Maybe a passive that makes enemies choose:

"Heimerdinger gains 10% of his maximum health over 3 seconds whenever one of his turrets are destroyed."

He loses damage for it, but gains health. At the same time the passive acts as a deterrent to destroying turrets while heimerdinger is low on health but has no downside when heimerdinger is on full health (and can defend his turrets)

Also, this passive scales with his health and the amount of turrets he is able to place.

Repede Lambert

10-17-2013

I love the current Heimer passive as a support ability, but I feel it would be a little better if it was focused more on the turrets then on him, giving some kind of play with his turrets. So I would say make it so his turrets give off the HP and MP regen within an area around them. This way, you can focus if you want to use the turrets to harass the enemy, or to keep you healthy. Also giving more counter play to the enemy as well, focus on CS or destroying Heimers sources of regen.

This would also heavily effect his role as a support as well, being the second champion to be able to feed mana to their ADC.

KingOfTheAnimes

10-17-2013

Here's an idea: a passive that both gives him a very small boost in power and makes other parts of his kits more visually intuitive.

Whenever heimerdinger auto-attacks a target, that target is marked with a hyper-polarizing flux attractor (with a symbol above their head similar to Xin Zhao's Challenge). Targets marked by a hyper-polarizing flux attractor have their MR reduced by X/Y/Z and will be prioritized by Heimerdinger's turrets. Heimerdinger may have only one hyper-polarizing flux attractor active at a time.

Majin Bl3u

10-17-2013

What if Heimer had a passive that allowed him to aim his auto attack wrenches at his own turrets, only instead of damaging them, it slightly healed them and gave them a slight AS buff?

That way it would feel like you could actively repair your turrets.

Idk, just seems like a fun mechanic.

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
KingOfTheAnimes:
Here's an idea: a passive that both gives him a very small boost in power and makes other parts of his kits more visually intuitive.

Whenever heimerdinger auto-attacks a target, that target is marked with a hyper-polarizing flux attractor (with a symbol above their head similar to Xin Zhao's Challenge). Targets marked by a hyper-polarizing flux attractor have their MR reduced by X/Y/Z and will be prioritized by Heimerdinger's turrets. Heimerdinger may have only one hyper-polarizing flux attractor active at a time.

This one is pretty nice... gotta say I like the idea of visibly marking a target like that, cool name too not sure it fits all of faux's criteria, it's not really helping more when he's behind, and it's probably not that good for a support (then again, lots of supports do have MR debuffs, so I could be way off there)... Still, it's something I think would be very fun to have, and it looks like it would feel impactful too without taking too much thought, then again if it triggered on all his auto-attacks it might have to end up pretty weak considering how often it would be applied.

Ranik Ortega

10-17-2013

Quote:
KingOfTheAnimes:

As much as I love the idea for allowing Heimer more control over his turrets... It probably won't happen because it allows Heimer more control over his turrets.

His turrets have always been balanced around being insanely bad at prioritization and only being reactionary. Giving him the ability to designate a target beforehand would probably make them too proactive.... and we can't have that now can we? /s

Majin Bl3u

10-17-2013

Quote:
Mr Bl3u:
What if Heimer had a passive that allowed him to aim his auto attack wrenches at his own turrets, only instead of damaging them, it slightly healed them and gave them a slight AS buff?

Also this would open up build options, like building attack speed to heal your turrets quicker. This could be a way of varying heimer playstyles. Do you go full AP and focus on all of your abilities? Or do you build AS to focus on turret damage/longevity?

10-17-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
A couple important things to keep in mind when brainstorming passive ideas:
  • It's about shared goals, not popularity: whatever gets Heimer in the best state is what I'll go with
  • Try to "yes and" people whenever possible: This is a collaborative process--more like a co op game than mario kart, there's no banana peels here
  • I am going to be a huge jerk dictator about the first bullet point: Definitely want to stress that agreeing we want a new passive isn't the same as having found one
  • Think positive!: Negativity has its place, but in pure brainstorming an atmosphere of positivity creates the most effective result

We all care a lot about this lil champ of ours, it's important to remember not to step on each others' toes in the rush ^^

I kinda stole these by studying the passives 10-12 other champs.

1. Basic attacks on enemy champs fill the laser charge of nearby turrets by 25%

2. Stunning an enemy champion with the grenade instantly awards 1 turret kit

3. Getting an assist or kill awards 1 turret kit << awesome for support dingers and great for re-positioning turrets during fights (nothing sucks more than being turretless in a teamfight)

4. Dingers armor and magic resist in increased by X/Y for each nearby turret. Scales with level

5. Turret basic attacks restore ____ mana to nearby allies (some small amount like 2 or 3 at level 1). Scales with level << so witha single minon wave you get maybe 30-45ish mana back with 3 turrets. doesnt seem to OP and its nice mana sustain this can really help for those who go for rocket builds(me) epecially since level 1 rockets cost 70 mana

6. Getting hit with a basic attacks or abilities increases heimerdingers move speed by 8 (stacks 3 times)

lemme know what you guys think. any that you like? personally i like 5 the most.

10-17-2013

Quote:
Mr Bl3u:

this sounds awesome! Nashors tooth anyone?! lol an item that might see more use aside from the 2 or 3 niche champs