Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JollyAmoeba

10-17-2013

Quote:
madibear:
20thcentury said something about recovering from mistakes? can we kill two birds with one stone and give him an escape mechanism? if you throw your grenade or shoot your rockets you can activate the spell again within 1 or 2 seconds you will teleport to where either the grenade landed or where the rockets paths converged.

..good for chasing two.

yea.. ummm.. nooooooooo. Heimer isn't getting a gap closer. Also we're looking for a new passive, not new abilities on other spells.

JollyAmoeba

10-17-2013

Quote:
BobOfGoo:
What about when shooting out the grenade onto the turret, it gives the turret an AOE heal aura for a bit? And if rocket passes through turret when fired, turrets gets an additional boost in damage?

I would love to see some interaction of his skills with his turrets, much like Zyra's plant with Zyra's skills

He's looking for something that isn't "mind intensive" (I think that's the wording he used). That passive requires a lot of thought and adds unneeded complexity to his kit.

madibear

10-17-2013

Quote:
yea.. ummm.. nooooooooo. Heimer isn't getting a gap closer. Also we're looking for a new passive, not new abilities on other spells.

cause you've made a great passive idea right? u could just downvote instead of being a sarcastic ****** bag....

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
madibear:
cause you've made a great passive idea right? u could just downvote instead of being a sarcastic ****** bag.... I swear guys are ass holes sometimes...

Mad... check, bear... bears are pretty defensive... claws came out fast... check.. yeah name fits...

Sorry, not trying to be a d-bag, lol... I don't think he meant to be offensive though. It's hard to really see sarcasm or lack of it on the internet... Tone really doesn't translate that well...

Try to calm a bit and get a thicker skin... he could have been WAY more of a schmuck if he really wanted to be a sarcasic d-bag. Besides, I think downvoting someone's legitimate idea without at least explaining why is worse than just telling them why I think they are wrong. It's one thing if I'm downvoting someone who is ranting some mindless nonsense, flaming, or trolling, but if someone earnestly presents an idea and aren't being d-bags themselves, I tend to rather want to talk to them and give them real feedback on it rather than just downvote them, but maybe that's just me...

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-17-2013

A couple important things to keep in mind when brainstorming passive ideas:

• It's about shared goals, not popularity: whatever gets Heimer in the best state is what I'll go with
  • Try to "yes and" people whenever possible: This is a collaborative process--more like a co op game than mario kart, there's no banana peels here
  • I am going to be a huge jerk dictator about the first bullet point: Definitely want to stress that agreeing we want a new passive isn't the same as having found one
  • Think positive!: Negativity has its place, but in pure brainstorming an atmosphere of positivity creates the most effective result

We all care a lot about this lil champ of ours, it's important to remember not to step on each others' toes in the rush ^^

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

[QUOTEMad... check, bear... bears are pretty defensive... claws came out fast... check.. yeah name fits...

Sorry, not trying to be a d-bag, lol... I don't think he meant to be offensive though. It's hard to really see sarcasm or lack of it on the internet... Tone really doesn't translate that well...

Try to calm a bit and get a thicker skin... he could have been WAY more of a schmuck if he really wanted to be a sarcasic d-bag. Besides, I think downvoting someone's legitimate idea without at least explaining why is worse than just telling them why I think they are wrong. It's one thing if I'm downvoting someone who is ranting some mindless nonsense or trolling, but if someone presents an idea and aren't being d-bags themselves, I tend to rather want to talk to them and give them real feedback rather than just downvote them...][/QUOTE]

very true but he coulda been nicer :/ thanx tho I appreciate it

(ps the mad and bear claw thing was pretty funny lol )

(this is my first account lol I am madibear this is my clan gamertag the madibear one is what I play just for casual fun )

BobOfGoo

10-17-2013

I feel the problem with supdinger is you can't control how his turret AI work. So I felt instead of emphasizing on increasing his support element, a passive that would work well with his turret (which in my opinion, is Heimer's unique point) or compromises his turret AI, would benefit our little engineer better.

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
A couple important things to keep in mind when brainstorming passive ideas:
  • It's about shared goals, not popularity: whatever gets Heimer in the best state is what I'll go with
  • Try to "yes and" people whenever possible: This is a collaborative process--more like a co op game than mario kart, there's no banana peels here
  • I am going to be a huge jerk dictator about the first bullet point: Definitely want to stress that agreeing we want a new passive isn't the same as having found one
  • Think positive!: Negativity has its place, but in pure brainstorming an atmosphere of positivity creates the most effective result

We all care a lot about this lil champ of ours, it's important to remember not to step on each others' toes in the rush ^^

Way to go Faux, stepped in quick to keep things positive... Agree 100%, It's all about raising the donger!

EDIT: P.S. you forgot about the ultimate dick move... that damn blue tortoise shell...

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

20thcentury can you perhaps tell us some of the ideas for a passive you have come up with so maybe we can see kinda along the lines of what you see fit and are looking for it would really help ive been literally trying to think of a passive for the past two or three days :/ so a couple of my friends that paly.

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
BobOfGoo:
I feel the problem with supdinger is you can't control how his turret AI work. So I felt instead of emphasizing on increasing his support element, a passive that would work well with his turret (which in my opinion, is Heimer's unique point) or compromises his turret AI, would benefit our little engineer better.

Somewhat agree. Not sure how it would work without taking too much attention, and he already has some control with the turrets switching to his auto-attack targets or what he hits with grenades (I assume the turret shot AI is basically like that on live... Faux, confirmation?) but maybe something that would make his regular turret shots switch to always focus champs if some condition happens...