Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

^idk exactly how much support faux wants support dinger to have but other than spamming more cc from the nade i dont see that being a supportish passive altho that would be pretty nice against the people that dont seem to break a sweat killing your turrets

barbariangyd

10-17-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Indeed!

The challenge is thus: Hit these points below as well or better than the current passive. I should also point out that this is according to my own completely biased judgment, but that I'm very strongly motivated on this front. Difficulty of implementation is not a concern, I can throw my hours at this until it's solved.

Bear in mind also that this is more of a 'bonus objective' as far as Heimer is concerned. Gameplay-wise the current passive does good work, it's more about making it feel cooler.

So with that out of the way, here's the goals!
  • Low mindshare cost: Heimerdinger already has a huge amount to pay attention to, the passive should 'just work' without him having to babysit it
  • Low power budget: Heimerdinger's identity is strongly tied to his turrets and active skills, weakening them for a passive is (probably) a poor trade
  • More awesome than current: Self-explanatory
  • Good for recovering from mistakes: I'd prefer passives with a gameplay goal of this type, but I'm open to other options here

Collector (passive)
auto release Collectors to repair near turrets, restore 1/1.5/2/2.5/3% health per second.
The collectors also collect machine parts when a turret destroyed, reduce 1s turret producing time per second.
Require 3 seconds to release a collector when a turret detected in 1000 range(max 3), collector can be destroyed by enemies.

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
ilolzatpiranhas:
^idk exactly how much support faux wants support dinger to have but other than spamming more cc from the nade i dont see that being a supportish passive altho that would be pretty nice against the people that dont seem to break a sweat killing your turrets

What about the other idea I posted, where he keeps a weaker constant aura, but destroying his turrets gives him an extra healing effect that scales with the aura in his aura range... like a small heal, temporary shield, or a boost in hp5... this would stack with itself so if they destroy 3 turrets in quick succession, for example, he could get a nice boost in healing or a decent shield for a little while.

EDIT: This would have interesting opportunities for counterplay by enemies too... they could space out destroying turrets so the effects don't stack too high, or try and avoid destroying them in some cases... Like, if destroying a turret adds regen, they can use the fact that health regen is less impactful during an actual fight or against burst... So if they can't follow up right away with good attacks, they can avoid destroying a turret to keep your health(s) lower and stop you from getting that extra regen while you are safe and they can't do anything about it, then destroy it right when they are ready to attack you so that you can't take as much advantage of the extra health regen, because it is still relatively slow healing over time compared to the damage they would do in a fight.

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

MORE DONGER FOR YOUR DOLLAR!!- enemy units that heimy attacks are marked for 5 seconds if heimy or an allied champion kill the marked target they will be given bonus gold and some health.

if heimer is alone then he gets health and extra gold on unit kill, if he is supporting he can effectivley feed and sustain the adc by letting them last hit what he attacks

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

Quote:
What about the other idea I posted, where destroying his turrets gives him an extra healing effect in his aura range... like a heal, a shield, or more hp5... this would stack with itself so if they destroy 3 turrets in quick succession he could get a nice boost in healing or a decent shield for a little while.

thats a good support one

ilolzatpiranhas

10-17-2013

he said he wants one thats good for recovering from mistakes? this isnt verry support-ish but if any of u have ever played a first person shooter game named rage the main character has one of those devices that the medics use to shock you to bring u back to life(the name escapes me) attached to his heart upon death the device goes off reviving him and sending out a huge shockwave from his body that damages nearby enemies, once used the device needs 5 minutes to recharge before it can be used again. slap that on heimer and he can make a big mistake once every 5 minutes. (theres defibatly better passives out there i just dont know exactly how a passive can let you recover from a mistake unless your aatrox...)

Evolnemesis

10-17-2013

Quote:
ilolzatpiranhas:
thats a good support one

The more I think about it the more I like it, for both roles really, it's pretty cool, it has impact by adding extra sustain when you are getting pressed, it helps when he is behind, it can have interesting interactions and counterplay, and fits thematically with the idea that you have nanobots controlling your active turrets (that would explain the tether range...) that get freed to go back to him and do something else for a little bit when a turret gets blown up.

Aerophobia

10-17-2013

Quote:
Evolnemesis:
Another possibility along those lines emphasizing his aoe healing aspect a little more...

Keep something like his current passive, make the constant healing a little less, but when someone destroys an active turret, the passive instantly heals him and any champs or turrets around him in aura range for a certain amount, or adds a stacking temporary shield on him and champs or turrets in aura range for a certain amount, or even just temporarily increases his regen aura by a certain amount, stacking with itself...

My idea is that he has nanobots working around him helping him to control the turrets and keep them active, and when a turret gets destroyed they get to return to him and do something else. I think it fits his theme really well.

This all could scale alongside the aura. For example if the aura is 10hp5 at that level, maybe the heal/shield in aura range when a turret is destroyed could be 20, or destroying a turret would add an additional 20hp5 for a few seconds to his aura, stacking with itself where the duration overlaps... something like that...

I really like this idea though... This way, if people quickly blow away all his turrets when he has 3 nearby, his healing aura can temporarily increase drastically by up to 30hp5, or he and anyone in aura range can get up to 60 healing quickly... obviously the numbers can be tweaked until it feels right. I think this idea would be interesting and feel impactful, and help him while he is behind as both mid and support, while not taking concentration on his part, and allow counterplay as well by the enemies, since they can decide not to destroy them all to lessen the effect, or to space out destroying multiple turrets so that the effects don't stack too high.

I think this is one of the best ideas so far

madibear

10-17-2013

20thcentury said something about recovering from mistakes? can we kill two birds with one stone and give him an escape mechanism? if you throw your grenade or shoot your rockets you can activate the spell again within 1 or 2 seconds you will teleport to where either the grenade landed or where the rockets paths converged.

..good for chasing two.

BobOfGoo

10-17-2013

What about when shooting out the grenade onto the turret, it gives the turret an AOE heal aura for a bit? And if rocket passes through turret when fired, turrets gets an additional boost in damage?

I would love to see some interaction of his skills with his turrets, much like Zyra's plant with Zyra's skills