Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Watafool

10-10-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
The passive is a bit trickier. I tried some spicy passive ideas, but it always meant compromising on the complexity/power of the other spells--people only have so much attention they can pay, and if the passive is taxing mindshare that could be going to turrets, I get a lot less comfortable.

There's always more work that can be done, and if an awesome + simple + low power passive idea comes out of PBE I'll jump on it instantly ^^

I like that he's keeping his hp/5 passive. What if the amount healed doubled for his turrets? On live, his passive does very little to keep his turrets up. If a crowd of minions is attacking it, it's going to die. If a champion is attacking it, it's going to die.

PoorLepRecon

10-10-2013

Quote:
Watafool:
I like that he's keeping his hp/5 passive. What if the amount healed doubled for his turrets? On live, his passive does very little to keep his turrets up. If a crowd of minions is attacking it, it's going to die. If a champion is attacking it, it's going to die.

On live his turrets also don't scale with heimers level, so they'll be more durable as they'll have more health.

Watafool

10-10-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Each RE explosion does slow/stun ^^

And good eye, W does have an unusually large mana cost. I went with that because it still has pretty huge range, and Q only costs 20 mana--the large cost on W serves to both keep Heimer sane in lane and to make sure he still values mana later on.

I had to mark so many "Syndra can throw heimer turrets" bugs as "working as intended", you have no idea hahahaha

If we find out it really sucks I can do something about it, but where I stand now it seems to me that Syndra tossing turrets is awesomer than hell . It only really hurts Heimer if he doesn't have other options, but I think we've done a good job of making sure he has tons and tons of options with this rework.

You should make his RQ unable to be moved by champion abilities, including Syndra.

Dotislav Pro

10-10-2013

I love how these changes are progressing and i can't wait to play heimerdinger in ranked once again. For me changes on W are the best because now he can hit enemy with all 5 rocket if enemy is out of position. And it will keep him safe from dives and aggression.

Wyl

Recruiter

10-10-2013

R.I.P. Healing Turrets :'(

Interesting rework though. Seems like he'll FEEL better, I'll definitely try it.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
KingDragonfly:
I love how much work you put into this and I'm excited as a Heimerdinger player, but are you doing anything with his VFX or Model?

Model is unchanged, he has a huge amount of new particles that I made. I hope you guys like them! Also, particle feedback is very much welcome, because I made them I have free reign to fiddle with them.

Quote:
Mormondekaiser:
Looks great! Couple of questions though:
Why was the cooldown on his ultimate removed?
Why is the cooldown on his ultimate so large for having such a small impact? His ult is similar to Karma's but has a much larger cooldown.

Cooldown was an interesting point. I frequently found myself considering putting it back on to make his amount of turrets out more consistent, but at the end of the day, the same reasoning as the passive prevailed: I can't justify putting power into something that's invisible because I want all the power on the cool Heimer-specific things. Everyone gets CDR, but only Heimer gets turrets.

Quote:
Arc insanity:
First i want to clear up something, the spellvamp on the turret beams do they heal the turret or do they heal heimer?

Next is about turret hp and resistances, these turrets look like they are made out of the same paper the old ones were.

The spellvamp heals Heimerdinger, and turret resistances scale with Heimerdinger's level.

Quote:
IS11d6327cb35cafc124891:
I don't like his grenade, grenade was cool when it could hurt tower... but now it's a bit lame ability, you should have changed it :/ low base dmg and low ap ratio, seriously, i wanted something cooler, even a passive ability.

Hehehe, it's easy to underestimate it, but the slow is nothin' to sneeze at--and more importantly, when you catch someone inside the turret nest but don't hit the stun, they still get CC'd in a way that makes the turrets punish them more. On top of that, the slow/stun paradigm lets Heimerdinger follow up with skillshot rockets in a way blind doesn't. All the power on E is loaded into its core function, so it lacks the extra features the other spells have.

That said, this is PBE! We'll find out what works or not by people playing, and we can change stuff accordingly ^^

Quote:
Watafool:
You should make his RQ unable to be moved by champion abilities, including Syndra.

I actually scripted this but then reverted it. I can put it back in with the flip of a switch if it turns out to suck too much for Heimer :3

ScaryMango

10-10-2013

Oh my Ding Ding Dong

Ibuki Suika

10-10-2013

So uh I need to ask, the wording of his passive seems different, does it not heal base towers now? also what about minions does it work on them? im pretty sure live dinger's does.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Quintessence:
This seems very interesting, but I gotta ask... Why take the Karma route for his ult?

It's actually quite a bit different from Karma. Heimer's cooldown is much higher and he doesn't get it until 6, which lets me make it far, far more powerful. Karma essentially can weave a big version of a normal spell in with her combo, whereas Heimerdinger can choose one of three ultimate spells at a normal ult cooldown.

CynicalGiant

10-10-2013

You should make it so the regen Heimer gives is increased for each turret nearby and the turrets themselves can give the passive to allies instead of always having to be near Heimer.