Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badger France

10-10-2013

You have made me happier than anything I could possibly have imagined. Thank you Riot (specifically to each member of the team workin' on mah Dongers) for doing such a beautifully thorough job with my favorite champion. Thank you.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
emTmyclipin2u:
does each RE explosion proc the slow/stun effects? Or is it just the original impact? Only thing I have to say is it seems like the ult cooldown may be a bit large early on, and Rockets still seem like they cost a ton for being a skillshot. Otherwise looks good! looking forward to my turrets protecting me rather than the other way around.

Each RE explosion does slow/stun ^^

And good eye, W does have an unusually large mana cost. I went with that because it still has pretty huge range, and Q only costs 20 mana--the large cost on W serves to both keep Heimer sane in lane and to make sure he still values mana later on.

Quote:
kavi:
20thCenturyFaux, if you ever want to bounce ideas off of one of Heimerdinger's biggest fans, I'd be willing (and honoured!) to have a chat sometime. I've played over 500 Heimer games, mostly on Dominion. Please add me if you feel like it ^^ I frequent the DominateDominion channel also.

One issue that really bothers me is the lack of consistency between newer champions, namely Syndra and Draven, vs older champions such as Blitzcrank in their ability to move Heimerdinger turrets with abilities. It feels like some added attention was given to Heimer's turrets to make them special, which was afterwards ignored and they have simply reverted to the minion template with new interactions.

I had to mark so many "Syndra can throw heimer turrets" bugs as "working as intended", you have no idea hahahaha

If we find out it really sucks I can do something about it, but where I stand now it seems to me that Syndra tossing turrets is awesomer than hell . It only really hurts Heimer if he doesn't have other options, but I think we've done a good job of making sure he has tons and tons of options with this rework.

ParaBellam

10-10-2013

Is the turret AI better?

Also, his base stats did not change, right? He's always been kind of squishy and slow, but its fine if he has the damage.

Mestergrog

10-10-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Its damage is listed under UPGRADE!!!, its beams charge twice as fast, and it has a big bag of extra HP compared to normal turrets.

Hmm. Now I can totally see using the big turret to tank a tower once the minions are gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KDlwLNDM00

Paradoof

10-10-2013

These will be my last questions.. thanks for anwsering my other two questions already.

Will his turret get more resistances/health than before? Are his rank up effects like aoe damage and mres shred still there? And last but not least: Do turrets still have increased attack speed for a few seconds after placing them?

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
ParaBellam:
Is the turret AI better?

Also, his base stats did not change, right? He's always been kind of squishy and slow, but its fine if he has the damage.

I fiddled some with his base stats, but mainly to make his autoattack feel more like a wrench. There are some other minor changes, but nothing as drastic as tankiness / speed.

The turret AI is much more sophisticated. If there's interest I'll do a bigger post on it later, but for now I haven't got time xD

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Paradoof:
These will be my last questions.. thanks for anwsering my other two questions already.

Will his turret get more resistances/health than before? Are his rank up effects like aoe damage and mres shred still there? And last but not least: Do turrets still have increased attack speed for a few seconds after placing them?

Yes, no, and no, respectively ^^

Quintessence

10-10-2013

This seems very interesting, but I gotta ask... Why take the Karma route for his ult?

sleepisdeath

10-10-2013

hmm when i try to load the patch it always stops at 344mb and tells me about an error. anyone else has this problem? its now like the 6-8 time it does that.

Califax

Recruiter

10-10-2013

I love how much work you put into this and I'm excited as a Heimerdinger player, but are you doing anything with his VFX or Model?