Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Paradoof:
So this means you can get 3 Beams out of one enchanced turret with enough CDR, right? ooo

Turrets start with something like 70% beam charge, so at the moment it's two beams max, but only time and playtesting will tell!

Borand

10-10-2013

The rework sounds cool, good work!

But.. his passive is unchanged.

I don't mean to be disheartening to you, but seeing the passive took away half the pleasure right away

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
sleepisdeath:
Faux how does the Ult E work? I couldnt quite figure it out.

If H is Heimerdinger and O is grenade detonation, it's like

H -----> O->O->O

and it damages and slows or stuns the things it hits. You can be CC'd more than once by it, but you only take damage once since damage is the other spells' job.

Quote:
Fomorian27:
Wasn't there an iteration where heimer picked up metal from dying creeps to refill the ammo for his turrets? What happened to that idea? Also, are there any plans to rework his passive?

I remember that rework, but I don't know what ended up happening with it.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Fomorian27:
Also, are there any plans to rework his passive?

Quote:
Borand:
The rework sounds cool, good work!

But.. his passive is unchanged.

I don't mean to be disheartening to you, but seeing the passive took away half the pleasure right away

The passive is a bit trickier. I tried some spicy passive ideas, but it always meant compromising on the complexity/power of the other spells--people only have so much attention they can pay, and if the passive is taxing mindshare that could be going to turrets, I get a lot less comfortable.

There's always more work that can be done, and if an awesome + simple + low power passive idea comes out of PBE I'll jump on it instantly ^^

Stampedeo

10-10-2013

8) im..so happy

de Dust

10-10-2013

Does he still walk with the swagger

sleepisdeath

10-10-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
If H is Heimerdinger and O is grenade detonation, it's like

H -----> O->O->O

and it damages and slows or stuns the things it hits. You can be CC'd more than once by it, but you only take damage once since damage is the other spells' job.

Oh yes, this sounds so awesome.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
de Dust:
Does he still walk with the swagger

VERY YES. It is a sin against Heimerdinger to even contemplate adjusting his swagger.

emTmyclipin2u

10-10-2013

does each RE explosion proc the slow/stun effects? Or is it just the original impact? Only thing I have to say is it seems like the ult cooldown may be a bit large early on, and Rockets still seem like they cost a ton for being a skillshot. Otherwise looks good! looking forward to my turrets protecting me rather than the other way around.

Edit: also thanks for removing the free cdr on his ultimate. While powerful it really constrained my build knowing that I couldn't really build Cdr without wasting the stat.

Also, banner of Command still increase turret damage?

kavi

10-10-2013

20thCenturyFaux, if you ever want to bounce ideas off of one of Heimerdinger's biggest fans, I'd be willing (and honoured!) to have a chat sometime. I've played over 500 Heimer games, mostly on Dominion. Please add me if you feel like it ^^ I frequent the DominateDominion channel also.

One issue that really bothers me is the lack of consistency between newer champions, namely Syndra and Draven, vs older champions such as Blitzcrank, viz. their ability to move Heimerdinger turrets with abilities. It feels like some added attention was given to Heimer's turrets to make them special, which was afterwards ignored and they have simply reverted to the minion template with new interactions.