Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

10-11-2013

Quote:
ilolzatpiranhas:
^^ I just cant see something like that making all to big a difference :/ he said that he wants one that basically gives heimy an edge when he is getting beat. that's why there have been several sudgestions for something kicking on when hes down past 50 percent health. he wants it to be something that doesn't require a lot of focus and helps heimy when his backs against the wall is what I got from what faux said.

In that case, you could just go with an idea where his turrets get spellvamp or minor heals per hit on him and his turrets that scale up with his health being lower, maybe healing for X * (percentage of missing health), or a spellvamp percentage = x% * (percent missing health)

Fomorian27

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Our ADC playtesters got so mad at me when they couldn't kill the turrets, so much rage you have no idea lol

I had a really hard time figuring out a damage reduction value that wouldn't create "corki shoots turret twice, turret still alive" some of the time :[

Was a zyra treatment ever considered for turrets? A fixed 2/3/4 autoattacks to kill the turret?

Edit: nevermind, already answered,,,

ilolzatpiranhas

10-11-2013

only problem i see is that the beams can hit minions id rather it save the shot for the champs. (would it be op if the beam had its cooldown reset on kills?)

Quintessence

10-11-2013

I got some feedback about Heimer Turrets... They seem to blow their beam at anything that moves, not just when they are threatened or a enemy champion is around.

Aerophobia

10-11-2013

Quote:
Quintessence:
I got some feedback about Heimer Turrets... They seem to blow their beam at anything that moves, not just when they are threatened or a enemy champion is around.

grenades and auto attacks set targets for turrets to use their beams.

Tortferngatr

10-11-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Yay! That's exactly what I want to see. I put a bunch of effort into making sure Heimer could level W first if he queued a blind pick and ran into someone like Kart--a mage who can easily and efficiently destroy turrets.

As a Karth player, fair enough.

Speaking of Karth and turrets, though, could you guys please maybe try an internal build where CDR increases your attack speed against structures only (kind of like bonus AP/AD scaling turret damage?) I have to admit, I think we'd see a lot more comps focused around non-ADC DPS champions if they had the raw tower-clearing potential of an ADC.

Boyahda

10-11-2013

@20thCenturyFaux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2FVOqEF-T0

This is a link to Dan Dinh's video about the new Dinger, his opinion starts at 5:22 and some gameplay at the end. For those of you who don't know, Dan is one of the few (maybe only) Heimer players in Diamond 1.

Tortferngatr

10-11-2013

Quote:
NegativeZ3ro:
I was trying the donger out in a custom yesterday, just running around and killing bots for the purpose of racking up innumerable kills and seeing how fun new Heimer is...
It may have something to do with the relatively lower AP items on the Crystal Scar, but I didn't end up with the huge 100-0 burst potential that I expected from a fed AP carry. It's only a minimal sample size, but is that intentional? Heimerdinger is inherently a defensive champion due to the nature of his turrets, so I'm just trying to figure out if his ability to force and win duels is intentionally weaker because of it.

Honestly, go Void Staff+Blackfire Torch+Sorcs+Hextech Sweeper as your core. Sure there aren't many high AP items, but there are definitely good damage items (Sweeper means more turrets and grenades, just saying.) Just more cost-efficient ones.

As for 20th Century Faux...think you'd be willing to perhaps join us for some Dominion testing? We can give plenty of advice to get you up to speed if you need it. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3936768)

Anyways, I'm definitely finding I enjoy Heimer 2.0. He has all sorts of delicious tools at his disposal, but all of them have strengths, weaknesses, and opportunity costs. I can see why this took 3 years to make--the result is frankly awesome.

Is it possible to make Heimer store a maximum of 1.5/2.5 kits (the timer just stops halfway if Heimer has 1/2 turret kits already) at levels 2/4 of Q, though? His...jagged...level scaling on Q stores at a time seems kind of weird, honestly.

turkeyBACON

10-11-2013

Flashy medium mind share passive: For every 200* damage Heime receives (and/or deals), Hieme sends out a healing wave that heals for 100* split between all allies and turrets. 5* teemos in radius from Heime.

*Numbers subject to testing.

Nonflashy low mind share passive: a simple cdr to hp regen converter passive split between him and his turrets (no allies); ideally at %40 cdr it would exceed his current max of 25 hp regen per 5.

Aerophobia

10-11-2013

Quote:
Boyahda:
@20thCenturyFaux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2FVOqEF-T0

This is a link to Dan Dinh's video about the new Dinger, his opinion starts at 5:22 and some gameplay at the end. For those of you who don't know, Dan is one of the few (maybe only) Heimer players in Diamond 1.

A lot of what he said is what i was saying earlier in the thread. I liked having the blind on my grenade. i liked the CDR on my ult. And i've ALWAYS hated how slow i feel.

And he even points out what i thought was obvious but seems to have eluded riot for 3 years which is that heimer was never very annoying to lane against early game in the first place. He can't roam because his crappy movespeed and the way his kit is just in general. You don't get killed by heimer unless you let heimer kill you. It sounds stupid but thats exactly how it goes. You're going to be fine unless you walk right into him and just stand around letting his turrets hit you a bunch and let him drop his abilities on you.

i wanted to ask faux about some movement speed stuff but i was already asking about his passive and i figured id hash that out in here before i started asking about other stuff.