Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dragonstrike45

10-11-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
I like that type of thing in principle, but the rest of Heimerdinger's kit is currently sitting on all of his available mindshare budget and power budget.

The goals for a passive replacement, and they're pretty tough ones, are 'low power + low attention required + is awesome'. This hits awesome and low power, but requires a great deal of Heimer's attention. Normally a good thing! But, in this case, it distracts from playing the turret/rocket/grenade game, which is much more core to the Heimerdinger experience. I quite like this passive idea on its own, but when combined into the kit it incurs some tradeoffs.

Ideally, I'd love a passive that isn't flashy, but is efficient and does good work for the Dinger when his lane isn't going well and he's playing from the back foot.

Well if you guys wanted to implement something that was low power and low attention, you could try changing his passive to something like the following:

Upon hitting enemy with an ability cast, Heimerdinger gains 10 ms for 3s. This can stack up to 3 times, and can be kept up by turret hits.

This passive would give the Donger a little more mobility and kiting potential in teamfights. Obviously the numbers could vary, but you get the point. It could also be useful for chasing/running away in lane, but not overly powerful. Just a thought for the Donger .

Fomorian27

Recruiter

10-11-2013

I am really happy about the dinger rework. One thing though: the theme of Upgrade!!! seems to be in threes: The w missiles fire 3 times if you upgrade w. The e grenades fire 3 times if you upgrade e. Now, I know having 3 more turrets for a total of 6 would be ludicrous, but how about giving each turret three laser beams?

On a more... different note, let's talk about what the upgrades each accomplish. Presumably they should be chosen based on the situation. Obviously, the e upgrade is best if you want to offer team utility by slowing/stunning buttloads of enemies for your team. The part where I'm confused are the w and q upgrades. Both seem to offer the same thing: tons of damage. Would you say there's more to it than that?

Cuje

10-11-2013

Just my initial first impression on the new Heimer, I felt like his rockets got nerfed and his turrets are now the main thing that makes Heimer Heimer. Maybe I'm wrong though? I always felt like his rockets were his bread and butter and was really hoping for some awesome poke but right now the vfx and sfx on his rockets made me feel like I wasn't playing Heimer. I would've preferred if his turrets were more like Zyra plants with blocks of hp, and without the laser, and the damage moved onto his rockets. I liked how before his rockets would guarantee chunk 3 people regardless of their position. I feel like this aspect has been removed and replaced with, place turrets. I don't want to play Heimer like a turret bot, I like to poke.

But, I really like the grenade change, I feel like his playstyle has changed somewhat with all the changes to his ult. The grenade ultimate was probably my favorite thing about the ult, but now there won't be any of the chasing Heimer around through his slowing turrets.

Was also kind of hoping that turrets could interact with liandrys and rylais. It's alright that they work with his super turret, but I don't know if building them would actually be worth it. I would've liked if his passive was reworked so that his turrets got a portion of his hp/regen, ap, and resistances, and also worked with items he had.

I also think the sound that is played when his turrets hit an enemy is useful but it would be a lot better with its own sound. I could change my mind about the changes after I play him some more.

Ricky Rio

10-11-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Ideally, I'd love a passive that isn't flashy, but is efficient and does good work for the Dinger when his lane isn't going well and he's playing from the back foot.

What about something like "Extra maintenance: Heimerdinger takes great care of his machinery, causing turrets within a short range to regenerate life and slowly gain stacks of attack speed(some tiny amount) up to a cap (say 20% total?) stacks degrade slowly when Heimerdinger is out of range"

So move the regeneration purely onto his turrets and over time build up a little bit of extra damage but at a short enough range that Heimerdinger risks getting all of his turrets blown up at once if he bunches them up to stack them. However this improves Heimerdingers "area control" aspects by allowing him to turtle at the expensive of his own mobility.

The numbers I was thinking were:
AOE: 200-300
Turret Regen: same as current but only the turrets
20 stacks of 1% attack speed
gain one stack every 2 seconds Heimer is in range, lose 1 stack every second Heimer is out of range.

NewDudeOverThere

10-11-2013

hmmm maybe when you die instead of shutting down after 8 seconds your turrets goes berserk for 8 seconds and then dismantle.

Evolnemesis

10-11-2013

How's this for a passive idea... Maybe his unused kits are blocking some damage while they float around him/stay on his body... possibly have them give him a little extra defense for each kit he's holding onto unused... this way, he would get a little more armor or maybe armor and mr when his turrets get destroyed and he's sitting on extra turret ammo... then as he places turrets, his defense goes back down, since the turrets can now protect him. He effectively trades a little bit of passive defense for each turret he has out.

If he's spamming turrets offensively, he himself is a bit weaker defensively, if he's holding onto them and being defensive by them he gets a little extra defense.

EDIT: Yeah, now that I think about it this wouldn't really help him when he's behind either since if people are destroying his turrets left and right in lane he's unlikely to have many extra kits. It really just rewards him for winning more.

My favorite suggestion of all the ones so far for the passive are giving them some spellvamp or maybe a flat amount of heal for him and the turrets when they hit, rather than just straight regeneration that has nothing to do with what is going on.

IrontailPikachu

10-11-2013

ilolzatpiranhas

1 Hour Ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---HEEEEYYYYYY 20TH CENTURY FAUXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!---maybe for heimers passive we could pull something from kassidens ult? when heimer drops below 50% health(maybe lower like 35%) his spells can be cast multiple times without cooldown restraints at the cost of the mana cost ramping up real big!!!(then if ur lane is being pushed real bad you can just say GTFO MY LANE! with rocket spam or maybe get away with constant stunning and slowing)
(^quote from that dude idk how to really do it the right way lol)

yesssssss then heimer would have his much needed escape being able to use the grenade several times to run or help push people off you that harass way to hard! (just hope its not to strong this would be really really cool in my opinion)

Evolnemesis

10-11-2013

How about whenever a turret is destroyed, his other cooldowns go down... or something like that. He gets all fired up and more frantic when people break his inventions. You could even link this with a sound bite or something... he gets mad when people smash his work. When he's behind in lane, his turrets will be getting broken a lot, when his back is against he wall usually it's after people smash all his turrets... this lets him get his other stuff up faster in desperate situations like this.

ilolzatpiranhas

10-11-2013

^^ I just cant see something like that making all to big a difference :/ he said that he wants one that basically gives heimy an edge when he is getting beat. that's why there have been several sudgestions for something kicking on when hes down past 50 percent health. he wants it to be something that doesn't require a lot of focus and helps heimy when his backs against the wall is what I got from what faux said.

Aerophobia

10-11-2013

how about this: it will be more of an offensive passive i suppose but eh.

Passive
Knowledge is power: Heimerdinger learns more about his enemy as he battles. Hitting an enemy with AA, skills or summoner spells increases his damage to the target by X for every stack for X time.