Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashen Paige

10-11-2013

the turrets "sphere of influence" still seems to small for a support Heimerdinger. it feels like even if i decide to put a turret in river bush (so as to not catch the first wave and check jungler for the first few minutes) it doesnt matter because as soon as i move just a bit outside of the middle of the lane the turret would go away. since im not in the PBE, can someone verify if this truly is going to be a problem, because the RoG Heimer rework vid seems to indicate that this will be the case.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-11-2013

Hello! Just wanted to pop in and say I'm still reading every post, I'm just focused on wrangling all the bugs that PBE testing turned up.

Known bugs:

• Turret resists not scaling with Heimer level (non-linear, basically only matters at levels 11+)
  • Tooltip on RQ slow incorrect
  • Tooltip on RQ duration bugged
Usability stuff:
  • Range indicator on Q placement as well as turret range size
  • Range post-deploy circle for RQ
  • Maaaaaaybe a way to check what turret was the last one placed? Not sure how doable this is, gonna be barking up this tree though
The weird thing about the resists bug is that it hasn't proven as problematic as I thought. We're definitely getting reports that they feel too squishy, but the impact is less than imagined and people are finding clever ways of playing around it. I'll be checking in fixes for most of this stuff today, resists included, and I'll be watching how they change the Heimer turret game very closely.

Specific stuff I'm looking for data on:
  • The special Heimer-only 'turret hits champ' sound. Annoying? Useful? Thoughts pls!
  • Turret tankiness at champ levels 11+. How fast are they dying? How fast are you replacing them? At how much CDR?
  • Turret AI bugs! I've heard scattered reports of the AI being dumb, but it's hard to pin down.
  • Wacky playstyles! If you come up with a way to Dinger like no ding has donged before, please share it! This is way more important than it seems. Heimer is a bit of an oddball in that his balance depends hugely on how he's played.
Thanks for all the kind words and feedback! I'm blown away by how big/awesome this thread is and I can't wait for this to go live.

untitled.jpg

Aerophobia

10-11-2013

Quote:
Ashen Paige:
the turrets "sphere of influence" still seems to small for a support Heimerdinger. it feels like even if i decide to put a turret in river bush (so as to not catch the first wave and check jungler for the first few minutes) it doesnt matter because as soon as i move just a bit outside of the middle of the lane the turret would go away. since im not in the PBE, can someone verify if this truly is going to be a problem, because the RoG Heimer rework vid seems to indicate that this will be the case.

it is indeed that short of range

ilolzatpiranhas

10-11-2013

wait.....so heimers turrets don't still break away armor and magic resist???????? how is he suppose to fight a tank at all????? this cant be ture can it? just yesterday im heimerdinger im 5 and 2 a renekton that's 12 and 4 comes up to me and I stun rockets ult ignite then pop zhonyas and was able to kill him just bearly he was building strait armor just about if it hadn't been for the armor shredding then id have totally got creamed..... I like everything about the rework its like perfect im throwing out suddgestions and all but if it stayed the same id be ok.... --BUT HE NEEEEEEEDS HIS ARMOR SHREDDING----- otherwise he will be useless..... if the -AA- shots don't proc rylias and spellvamp I doubt they will roc void staff or magic pen boots...

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-11-2013

Quote:
ilolzatpiranhas:
wait.....so heimers turrets don't still break away armor and magic resist???????? how is he suppose to fight a tank at all????? this cant be ture can it? just yesterday im heimerdinger im 5 and 2 a renekton that's 12 and 4 comes up to me and I stun rockets ult ignite then pop zhonyas and was able to kill him just bearly he was building strait armor just about if it hadn't been for the armor shredding then id have totally got creamed..... I like everything about the rework its like perfect im throwing out suddgestions and all but if it stayed the same id be ok.... --BUT HE NEEEEEEEDS HIS ARMOR SHREDDING----- otherwise he will be useless..... if the -AA- shots don't proc rylias and spellvamp I doubt they will roc void staff or magic pen boots...

The turret autoattacks do magic damage, and should be benefiting from Heimerdinger's magic penetration ^^

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-11-2013

Quote:
Aerophobia:
it is indeed that short of range

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. It's my hope that it won't be too oppressive to go within range every 8 seconds or so, specifically because the times when you can't are also times when you're pushed to your own tower, making the ward less necessary anyway. Support Heimers, is this true? Why or why not?

Pro Anïvïa

10-11-2013

i like the turret champ hit sound, but its not really useful in warding situations like you wanted since turrets deactivate once you leave a very short range of them. maybe change it to a sound for when a champion walks into turret range? i dunno.
individually turrets feel really not that useful late game since every spell and autoattack in the game one shots them but its not THAT bad considering the rate at which they can be replaced.

overall my favorite part of the rework is the lower cooldown on turrets. even though they're weaker and die faster always having turrets everywhere is just fun.

chgyth

10-11-2013

I think your missing a bug on the turrets, I made the post wrong, so it might have been missed, His turrets are revealing himself to the enemy team. Maybe you guys already fixed that.

DeafCatMoan

10-11-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Hello! Just wanted to pop in and say I'm still reading every post, I'm just focused on wrangling all the bugs that PBE testing turned up.

Known bugs:
  • Turret resists not scaling with Heimer level (non-linear, basically only matters at levels 11+)
  • Tooltip on RQ slow incorrect
  • Tooltip on RQ duration bugged
Usability stuff:
  • Range indicator on Q placement as well as turret range size
  • Range post-deploy circle for RQ
  • Maaaaaaybe a way to check what turret was the last one placed? Not sure how doable this is, gonna be barking up this tree though
The weird thing about the resists bug is that it hasn't proven as problematic as I thought. We're definitely getting reports that they feel too squishy, but the impact is less than imagined and people are finding clever ways of playing around it. I'll be checking in fixes for most of this stuff today, resists included, and I'll be watching how they change the Heimer turret game very closely.

Specific stuff I'm looking for data on:
  • The special Heimer-only 'turret hits champ' sound. Annoying? Useful? Thoughts pls!
  • Turret tankiness at champ levels 11+. How fast are they dying? How fast are you replacing them? At how much CDR?
  • Turret AI bugs! I've heard scattered reports of the AI being dumb, but it's hard to pin down.
  • Wacky playstyles! If you come up with a way to Dinger like no ding has donged before, please share it! This is way more important than it seems. Heimer is a bit of an oddball in that his balance depends hugely on how he's played.
Thanks for all the kind words and feedback! I'm blown away by how big/awesome this thread is and I can't wait for this to go live.

I think you're having way too much fun with this XD its great!

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-11-2013

Quote:
chgyth:
I think your missing a bug on the turrets, I made the post wrong, so it might have been missed, His turrets are revealing himself to the enemy team. Maybe you guys already fixed that.

Ooof, that sounds like a rough one. Does he have to do anything special? Is on a skin, base, etc?