Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vortical42

10-25-2013

Quote:
Heimermaniac:
My new passive suggestion:

1) The new Heimer turrets are very weak, even more than the current ones. Okay that cost less mana (only 20), but must have a factor that desincourage enemies to destroy turrets so fast and easily.

My suggestion is: when one Heimer turret is destroyed, Heimer will gain back (10 % of total HP turret) + (10 % of total HP turret x percentage of laser energy turret) in HP.

So, when destroyed an inactive turret, Heimer gain 10% of turret´s HP. When destroyed an active turret, Heimer can gain betwen 10% to 20% of the total turret HP, depending on how much energy the turret has to release their laser.
This discourages (slightly) the enemy to destroy inactives Heimer turrets and still creates a resistance to destroy turrets with high power load . He would have to wait for the shot to destroy it, which is a fair exchange. This effect is cumulative with the passive HP regeneration of Heimer. This increases his sustantability in lane and creates a new dynamic to the turrets, more symbiotic. And still keep the concept of HP regen for Heimer passive.

2) I dislike the fact of new passive heal anymore the towers. It was an unique feature of Heimer, which make him so different from all the other champs. I do not believe it to be so powerful to hinder gameplay. I vote to keep this aspect of current passive.

Excuses in advance for my bad english.

The problem with a passive like that is it creates a lot of weird play patterns. Generally anything that rewards a player for doing someting 'bad' (lossing turrets as heimer) or punishes them for doing something 'good' (destroying turrets as an opponent) causes confusion.

Mawootad

10-25-2013

One of the things that might help turrets feel better would be to cap the (magic + physical) damage they can take from single hits (based on max hp, probably). That would largely prevent them from being instantly vaporized in teamfights due to random aoe as well as making them take slightly more effort to kill in lane (more than just cast an ability and auto them once) without actually making them particularly hard to kill.

Kairu Walker

10-25-2013

I agree with Mawootad. If they had the health system of wards. you wouldnt even need to add health scaling. 3 hits on a turret is a decent time to kill them. makes them not seem so vulnerable. except they could also be damaged by spells.

Edit: just played a few more games as heimer and his turrets at level 15 took 3 hits from dragon to kill one. and with just rank 4 turrets could solo dragon with all 3 out and rockets maxed without him ever getting to hit me personally. only items being zhonya and boots. their health is fine especially with how fast he gets to lay them out. if they were any healthier you would basically be playing with permanent wards that attack as long as they are active. they arnt meant to be another target. but more damage from the side that can stack up if ignored.

Foresnova

10-25-2013

Just a few things I want to say

I really love the new heimer, he seems to be in quite a decent place now.

I understand that to increase the turrets power level the had to become inactive when you're out of range, however I still find that if they get attacked to should be able to counter attack. This is indeed a buff, I know, but this is the power I feel he still misses.
Turrets can easily be bursted down or taking down with a few attacks and minimal damage, this isn't really a problem for enemy champions, however they will not simply get destroyed by minions anymore.

Also is it just me or is the new grenade even harder to hit than the old one?

BlazeVictini

Recruiter

10-25-2013

Excited to use him now

Altavious

10-25-2013

AI thought - it would be nice if turrets in bushes didn't attack until Heimer does.

Kairu Walker

10-25-2013

actually i think that having a toggle for the turrets to swap from passive targeting to attack only what heimer hits. or aggressive - the way they are now would be amazing