Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McPapples

10-22-2013

And I know tying a passive to one element of a champion seems counter-intuitive but turrets are core to pretty much all variations of his gameplay. In this case, I don't think it is a bad thing.

And tying a passive to one element of a champion is done quite often.

But again, it is neither here nor there, just a suggestion. I am fine with the current even if it is not optimal in certain situations.

GGA Jeremiah

10-22-2013

Quote:
JollyAmoeba:
Soon as you do get that PBE account you'll know that his turrets really don't cost mana anymore =p 20 to replace is nothing.

Yeah I know. I was just talking about current Heimer and how I really like his passive in laning phase . It fits his kit very nicely in that he can hold a position for a really long time by healing up.

I am worried about how weak turrets will be during laning phase in the new Heimer but I think if I just keep them far back they should be ok. Can't wait to try him.

oic869

10-22-2013

i have a passive that may be worth a try... if hiemer is hit by an enemy champ while near his spawned turrets or near his base turrets he gives them a boost in range and attack speed for a few secs. it will give him (a squishy champ) an easy to use ability that also helps him survive but remains useful all through a game.

Evolnemesis

10-22-2013

I wonder what happened to Faux... He's been quiet. Probably has a lot to think about with all the passive ideas. He must be busy too getting Heimer ready. Maybe he decided on running with an idea and is waiting to spring it on us... either that or we scared him and made him realize just why nobody else at Riot wanted to do this job...

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-22-2013

Just checking in, I was out sick yesterday and gone this morning :[

I've kept up on the thread but bugs have piled up in my absence, taking care of them will be my priority for the next day or so

Bruticus44

10-22-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
I've kept up on the thread but bugs have piled up in my absence, taking care of them will be my priority for the next day or so

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Evolnemesis

10-22-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Just checking in, I was out sick yesterday and gone this morning :[

Yeah, I hear ya, programmer myself... those bugs do tend to pile up... they breed like... well, bugs... and a lot of the time when you find one you realize he's got a couple of friends crawling around..

Yousing

10-22-2013

Any idea when he'll be shipped out live?

ilolzatpiranhas

10-22-2013

well considering that bugs have been piling up it will be at the very least another week if they were to rush him out because after he fixes the bugs he needs a few days to see if anything else comes up.

Zrephel

10-22-2013

Played him a few times, and while I *love* his turrets, there's a few things that feel odd about him. I have a hard time intuitively grasping the optimal use case for the ult-grenade, and as a result it feels really underwhelming. Ult-turret is "drop for lots of damage in a fight or if someone's diving me", ult-rockets is "look at me I'm Miss Fortune", ult-grenade is "like the grenade, but also maybe stuns people behind them, and feels even worse if you whiff it"...? Like, my first game, I whiffed a couple ult grenades, and my instinctive response was "well, I'm terrible with this skill, I'll just ult-turret instead because it's much more satisfying and hard to get wrong". I'd love if the ult-grenade had a bigger splash instead of the bouncing, personally.

The other discomfort point I have when playing him is when I really want to be able to drop an ult-turret but I can't because I'm out of turret ammo -- but trying to always keep one in reserve can feel really awkward, especially when I don't have much CDR or can't stack ammo to 3 yet.

Edit: Also, the way the rockets work is a complexity point for me, especially when smartcasting.