Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlaciesPhoenicis

10-10-2013

Quote:
RED1015:
I actually don't like the reworked visuals at all. Going from arcane lightning to generic magic fire just isn't as appealing for me. His ultimate lacks a lot of 'oomf' as well, honestly it looks like his E and R should have their visuals switched.

His kit rework is pretty good, though I find myself reserving the ultimate just to finish off fleeing enemies.

Xerath was never about lighting, hes about raw arcane magic. And i agree with you, his alt looks anti climactic....

xHawkeye

10-10-2013

For some reason, I can't see the particles/effects of E and R spell.

Corvo Cuervo

10-10-2013

I like everything except for his ult particles. It just feels like.. plop plop plop plop.

Rush042

10-10-2013

Quote:
GlaciesPhoenicis:
I personnaly think that the mana refund thing is more for the early game, and not so much for the late game.

I think this is still a problem, then. I shouldn't stop caring about a portion of a passive partway through the game, and if I do, I think there's room for improvement!

FlySkyHigh777

10-10-2013

Couple things!

1) I love the new kit. I really like the way it plays out, and his E is REALLY satisfying to land.
2) The lack of sounds on his kit is a little weird-feeling, but I understand that it's still coming along.
3) I like the new Raw Magic visuals, as opposed to the lightning-esque effects.
4) I feel that the slow on his W is so negligible, you might as well remove it. I understand it's higher when you hit someone directly, but you don't really notice it at all on the fringes.
5) I'm not 100% sure, but did you lower the damage on his Q? It used to be that he could pretty much 1-shot caster minions by 6, but now it seems like he has to get a lot later into the game to start quick-clearing waves. If so, could you perhaps add scaling damage to his Q like Varus, so he has a bit better waveclear?
6) You might want to disable Xerath bot. I encountered him int he game I played, and he was messing up really bad, I'm not sure if he's coded properly to handle the new kit, because he seemed to be acting like he was using the old kit, almost never throwing out long range qs, always standing in place after he used his W, and I don't think an E landed ever, he always seemed to stop and wait for something to happen after throwing it out.
7) I keep feeling like his E should pass over minions. I understand it's a bit strong, but given the comparison to a similar skillshot (Morgana's Dark Binding), it has a much smaller range and the duration of the CC is a lot smaller. I personally think his E shouldn't hit minions, he has Q and W for waveclear if he needs it. I understand it could lead to some E-Q abuse during trades, but I think that given it's current range, it wouldn't matter much. Otherwise, perhaps up the range by about 100 units, make landing some long-range stuns feel really good.
8) His ult does feel a little... lackluster, but the lack of sound lends heavily to this in my opinion. Beefing up the visuals a little and then adding in the sounds will make it feel awesome.

Vheri

Recruiter

10-10-2013

I dont want to ***** about something I haven't played but Riot should srsly allow us to refund champions that get reworked because they are not what we bought JUST SAYIN, im not sayin I wont like this new xerath, but i didnt like SOME reworks (yi).

Hidden Dragon

10-10-2013

So what's with the leaked items?

game_item_displayname_3223
Chancellor's Staff (Xerath Only)
game_item_displayname_3224
Emperor's Sceptre (Xerath Only)
game_item_plaintext_3224
Xerath's ultimate weapon - himself.

Display Error

10-10-2013

Using the Scorched Earth skin, the auto-attack projectile is barely visible (a small dot). Also, the projectile/animation is hardly visible when using Q and E.

FlySkyHigh777

10-10-2013

Quote:
Hidden Dragon:
So what's with the leaked items?

game_item_displayname_3223
Chancellor's Staff (Xerath Only)
game_item_displayname_3224
Emperor's Sceptre (Xerath Only)
game_item_plaintext_3224
Xerath's ultimate weapon - himself.

Those were scraps left over from a previous iteration.

GlaciesPhoenicis

10-10-2013

Quote:
Rush042:
I think this is still a problem, then. I shouldn't stop caring about a portion of a passive partway through the game, and if I do, I think there's room for improvement!

Of course! But thats not the only thing his passive does, its merely a small bonus, i quote: "The rune that limits Xerath's power slowly weakens now that he's broken free of his tomb, granting him bonus magic penetration per level. Additionally, every 15 seconds his next basic attack will refund mana." Now is it better?