Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoBTyrannon

10-18-2013

Why can´t i compare them both?

In this Comparison PBE Xerath wins every little numbers battle.

Yet he feels unpolished, generic and to put it quite frankly boring. He´s one of many normal mages now, with an Ultimate that tries too hard to be special.

MelloRed

10-18-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Thanks for this, Lailo, I understand what you're asking for. You wish to trade off the supreme range for greater ability to hit many targets in a close-range team fight.

I understand the desire for this request. This is a viable alternate ultimate. However, it detracts from our original goal of pushing one knob to 11 on Xerath - his range. It's a reasonable discussion to have here. However, considering that the new "W" spell allows you to throw out indiscriminate damage at a fairly safe range during a team fight, that doesn't seem like a niche he has to satisfy.
The other nob you can adjust is delay. Like say... if you could charge it. :-D

Quick and small shot, or slow big AoE.

azom

10-18-2013

Since Zenon wants people to use his ult to snipe people, you should maybe consider to make the damage each shot similar to his w or panths ult.

That would take away from his w´s uniqueness within the kit, so that might be a problem.

BadgerDrool

10-18-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
How would you implement this? Clicking Q a second time cast the spell.

Casting another spell cancels Q?

CoBTyrannon

10-18-2013

Quote:
IS1d2f73fc65c5cecdf878c:
Xerath just got reverted on PBE to his live version.
What's going on? Is the rework canned?

EDIT: Welp, since you won't change the splash art icon then I guess I'll do it manually...

Or maybe they scrapped the "public rework" idea and make it an intern thingy.

My guess is, a new Iteration is coming soon.

MelloRed

10-18-2013

Cassiopeia has a slowly expanding circle of doom. So the tech is there for scaling spell size.

Xelnath

Recruiter

10-18-2013

Quote:
Bsul:
Mah Xelnath, I know you must be pretty tired about this rework already. But as someone who has xerath as most played ranked champ with over 200 plays and my 2nd most played champ has only been touched 15 times.

I really love xerath. The feeling that waiting and positioning is important just like a sniper runs to a vantage point and aims for the perfect target, calculates the wind, checks the terrain, Shoots and runs before he is then caught.

Would u please be a bit more active in the forums and reply a bit more. I see a ton of people GIVING DIFFERENT ideas, all of which donot an art rework and are not as hard to do, yet all u say is "the community is very receptive of this and I like it"

Heimerdinger Community is a happy receptive community. We are the opposite. We are a community scared of losing our champ identity and we are relying on you to understand that.

But if ima lose my Hit and run for charge and release
My long range burst for a longer range artillery
my hard combo for soft combos
and Armor for Mana passive

What exactly is left for my gameplay?

You say he is competitive, I belive you
You say he will be picked more and have a better win rate I believe that as well

You say the Stun and SLow will come in handy I know that

You say He is xerath, Now i dont buy that one

I cannot be much more active than I am right now.

Xerath still has a line nuke. The ability to trade mobility for range. A ranged single target stun. Combos which flow naturally from that kit. Xerath is still extremely positioning sensitive. He just doesn't get to cheat with a 4 second cooldown 2 second dash that provides 40% spell penetration.

Spell flow wise, E->W is like E->R. E->Q is solid harass. These flows are the same. He still ignores a significant portion of the enemy's magic resistance.

He is still has long range on these base spells and effects. Finally, he has a new long-range attack that is unparalled in the game. No other champion gets the opportunity to snipe off two opponents fleeing in opposite directions at critical health.

However, I am going to stop posting for a while. I really do know better, but still got drawn into this. Each time I posit how he is similar, has the same button flow, someone will write a list explaining how he has changed.

Yes, he has changed. Yes, this is highly disruptive. Yes, you won't be as good with Xerath rework day 1 as you are now at day 500 of live Xerath. However, everything about his kit screams Xerath - long range line poke, crushing AoE damage, extreme safety and importance of paying attention to positioning. Finishing off weak champions in lane with ultimate after poking them down to a vulnerable state.

MelloRed

10-18-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
No other champion gets the opportunity to snipe off two opponents fleeing in opposite directions at critical health.
Karthus....

Hamut

10-18-2013

Xelnath, I have had problems with the kit, everyone will, but I trust you. You are doing good work, you've been very open with the community, you ASKED US WHAT WE WANTED THEN GAVE IT TO US.

Thank you.

Xelnath

Recruiter

10-18-2013

Quote:
MelloRed:
The other nob you can adjust is delay. Like say... if you could charge it. :-D

Quick and small shot, or slow big AoE.

I think thats a very cool idea - and one I wanted to try on a champion someday. However, after playing with it, we realized that having 2-3 charge-up abilities was very flow disruptive and destroyed the ability to combo your spells together.