Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aura Shadow

10-10-2013

I have to say, this rework is amazing. I tried him out on PBE, and I think xerath feels way more unique, and I actually want to play him a lot now. I also have to say that all his skills look a lot stronger now, and I really enjoy the feel of them.

Also, i love that the xerath skins now have their own color for the spells. This is something that i thought would be in the skins originally but i was sad to see it wasnt, but i love that it's on the skins now

Having said that, I think that Shadow Prince Malzahar needs that same type of treatment especially since the splash art specifically shows him using yellow magic instead of purple.

Esquirrel

10-10-2013

Passive:_______
Q: Arcanopulse
W: Apex Surge
E: Devastate
R: Runic Ascension

alternatively, since Power Overwhelming seems so popular:

Passive: Ascended Form
Q: Arcanopulse
W: Devastate
E: Runic Chains
R: Power Overwhelming

Other thematic ideas:
- "Obelisk," "Menhir," "Monolith." Something that conjures a sense of rooted and ancient power. This would also be a simpler and catchier name.
- Energy words, like "rune," "surge," "blast," "wave," are all very nice.
- I think "chain" stuff is nice for the E, but depending on how it interacts with minions (i.e. if it passes through them), "wave" or "surge" could be nice, because they both create a sense of overwhelming the enemy.
- "Wrath" in an ability name could be cool, however it is a little at-odds with Xerath's lore.

- Esquirrel

LoLKiru

10-10-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uqElUL-DlI

Thought i'd post this

Feedback so far: I love the graphics, they look great, the only thing that bothers me a little; is the blasts that R is dropping, I think they could use a bit more of an.... explosive look to them, maybe have the targeted area explode with arcane energy when the blast lands? Maybe give it a bit of an "overwhelming power" look, moreso than a little pea shooter, other than that it looks superb

Dryad Soraka

10-10-2013

His new ult is AWESOME!

King Cobra

10-10-2013

Love the rework except for the ultimate particles. They look kind of...pathetic.

Weria

10-10-2013

With regards to the changes to Xerath's ult, I think that at some point after its release you will arrive at a similar conclusion to the one that caused the nerf to old Xerath's ultimate. Instead of having to grapple with the artillery vs long range burst debate I think that it would be a well received change if you were to decrease the damage of his ult while increasing the time for the ult to land, both nerfs, while also increasing the duration of the ult effect as well as the amount of charges available to shoot. I feel like the ult in its current state is most efficient when fired very quickly to eliminate a target and then move back into range for his other abilities but I don't want to be in a rush to be done with it.
Other than that you guys did a really great job with the rework and this long time Xerath player is waiting for the day it goes live. Q SPIRIT BOMBS HOOOOO
-Brent

Rush042

10-10-2013

One thing that really sticks out to me about the new Xerath kit is his passive. His spells are extremely expensive, which is offset by his passive, but having to auto attack to proc the passive seems to conflict with Xerath's design. My vision of Xerath is a long range, siege caster. Poking people down with long want Qs and Ws, using E to get people off you if they come near you, and finishing off low health targets with his Ultimate, and needing to be auto attacking to keep your mana up seems weird. This is especially apparent when you consider that Xerath's Ult actually prevents him from auto attacking at all.

Maybe this creates a decision about if it's worth running into Auto Attack range to get some mana, but it seems like it would flow a lot better with Xerath's kit if it proc'd off spells, even if it was a "lesser" proc to balance out it being easier to get the mana.

GlaciesPhoenicis

10-10-2013

Quote:
Rush042:
One thing that really sticks out to me about the new Xerath kit is his passive. His spells are extremely expensive, which is offset by his passive, but having to auto attack to proc the passive seems to conflict with Xerath's design. My vision of Xerath is a long range, siege caster. Poking people down with long want Qs and Ws, using E to get people off you if they come near you, and finishing off low health targets with his Ultimate, and needing to be auto attacking to keep your mana up seems weird. This is especially apparent when you consider that Xerath's Ult actually prevents him from auto attacking at all.

Maybe this creates a decision about if it's worth running into Auto Attack range to get some mana, but it seems like it would flow a lot better with Xerath's kit if it proc'd off spells, even if it was a "lesser" proc to balance out it being easier to get the mana.

I personnaly think that the mana refund thing is more for the early game, and not so much for the late game.

RED1015

10-10-2013

I actually don't like the reworked visuals at all. Going from arcane lightning to generic magic fire just isn't as appealing for me. His ultimate lacks a lot of 'oomf' as well, honestly it looks like his E and R should have their visuals switched.

His kit rework is pretty good, though I find myself reserving the ultimate just to finish off fleeing enemies.

Dryad Soraka

10-10-2013

Quote:
Sizmic:
And what you did there sir....I see it

Well it wasn't hard to miss... so....