Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoBTyrannon

10-17-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Let's discuss the options here:
  1. Stop the rework - This is off the table
  2. Change the rework dramatically - We are beyond the point of doing this. Art is almost finished.
  3. Make focused polish adjustments to make sure the Xerath experience is as rich and balancable as possible - This is where we're at

If you want to make suggestions in this final space, we can talk about it. If you disagree with the goal of the rework or the major abilities, we're past the point where that's productive.

1) I agree. I stopped argueing about the rwork a long time ago, but fight to keep as much of the old Xerath as possible.
2) So even if there are major flaws in 3) you won´t even consider switching it up?
3) Here is my Problem: A lot of people even if you exclude me, feel that Xeraths skills lack flow and the little "Something". They don´t transition well into each other. Especially with the Ult there are huge Gameplayissues.
It´s a nice idea, but it lacks "something". It just does. This Kit is not polished. I can´t put my finger on it. Its especially frustrating if your team is behind in the game. Xerath right now is a win-more Champ.
And finally i still think this Ultimate in its current form can not be balanced. Something i am vocal about since the beginning.

And since you stated that there won´t be major changes anymore i can finally make a Statement:

If it wouldn´t be Xerath but a new Champion, i would be happy that there might be an alternative to Xerath for me(if things went well in 3) ).
But if i have to exchange the Champions i just feel sad.
There is NOTHING of the old Xeraths´ Playstyle in the new Kit. Absolutely NOTHING.
You killed Xerath.
All you kept was the Rangeconcept, his name and his Lore.

If any of you disagree here, please tell me: What playstyle stayed or even improved!
(yes, shouldn´t a rework improve the good aspects?)
Range!=Range, Burst!=Burst there can be huge differences in how ad when you use it.

greets CoBTyrannon

Crownface

10-17-2013

Quote:
Zeracanule:
@Xelnath please, let me speak in this case. Crownface if you were so vehemently opposed to the Xerath rework where were you in MAY when Xelnath first started talking about it? Why instead do your vile words about the Xerath rework only show up getting quoted when he finally shows up on the PBE, months upon months after talk about what the rework was having done to it. You could have voiced your opinion nearly half a year ago on the forums.

I did.

ColdMiller

10-17-2013

@Xelnath

Just had an interesting idea
for magic %.

Now
Xerath gains a small % of magic pen per skill rank he puts in BUT its capped by ultimate level.
so ex.

Ult. Rank 1: Xerath can have 8-15% of magic pen from skills.
Ult Rank 2: Xerath can now have 16-22%
Rank 3: Xerath can now have 23-32% spell pen.

This makes it so xerath would need the 8% in the mastery tree for 40% BUT would allow you to cap his early magic pen power and tweak his numbers. what do you think?

Volgust

10-18-2013

...it feels like as if all my posts have gone to waste. Not a single issue I've been asking about has been even mentioned.

What I'm asking for, isn't the rework to stop. I'm fine with it, it just needs the fine-tuning I've been asking for because now so many more mages out-class him and assassins still wreck him.

Volgust

10-18-2013

And also:

Why aren't there any redposts in the EU-West section where the topic has been made? There's less spam, less negativity yet redposts don't go in to a more 'positive' environment? Yes, some of them here are negative and badly put when you've done this much work and are this far in but please don't do this. You're making him unplayable for me.

crims0nangel

10-18-2013

Quote:
Volgust:
...it feels like as if all my posts have gone to waste. Not a single issue I've been asking about has been even mentioned.

What I'm asking for, isn't the rework to stop. I'm fine with it, it just needs the fine-tuning I've been asking for because now so many more mages out-class him and assassins still wreck him.

He is now outclassed by pretty much every other mage in the game and is no longer a viable option except for bot play. His kit is way too slow and clunky and he gets demolished by just about every champion in the game with this remake.

BLACKDEATH586

10-18-2013

For everyone opposed to this xerath rework lets start a petition!!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/do-not-change-xerath/

DocMuerte

10-18-2013

After watching some games I suggest his ultimate gets a cool down reduction if he doesn't fire any of his shots.

Xelnath

Recruiter

10-18-2013

Quote:
Volgust:

Let's talk about this point. Which mages out class him? I actually feel like Xerath might be incredibly more powerful and have a wider sphere of influence than many midlanes.

Leblanc, Assassins, etc should still kill Xerath. That's appropriate for the amount of payload Xerath can unload at the ranges he has. You don't get power without clear weaknesses. Melee assassins >> Xerath if they close. Xerath >> if he has peel and can keep distance.

Pieter

10-18-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Let's talk about this point. Which mages out class him? I actually feel like Xerath might be incredibly more powerful and have a wider sphere of influence than many midlanes.

Leblanc, Assassins, etc should still kill Xerath. That's appropriate for the amount of payload Xerath can unload at the ranges he has. You don't get power without clear weaknesses. Melee assassins >> Xerath if they close. Xerath >> if he has peel and can keep distance.

It feels as if Lux is better at playing the long range game now than Xerath, do you agree or disagree? How is Lux and Xerath's niche's different now? Aside from that Lux provides BETTER utility.

Edit: Xerath's ult continues to feel bad to use. The opponent has no opportunity to do any sort of counterplay (they drop below x hp, they will die unless they leave a massive cast range in time). His original ult wasn't much better, except that the threat ranged for being dead was a lot smaller, even if spell aoe was larger. (The trend of shrinking the size of Xerath's ult aoe doesn't help make him feel like artillery, either)