Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirage Night

10-17-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Actually, I did not say that - or certainly did not mean to imply that.

The problem with 15% higher AP is that it makes him crushing crush squishies harder. % magic pen actually has a greater effect (often 30% more) against a champion with free baseline magic resistance.

So in this way, it actually levels the playing field a bit. As far as ramping attacks goes, that's an interesting idea. How does that help, in your vision?

It like artillery blasting holes into a fortified unit. More holes you blast, the more damage is applied. So instead of ramping up dagmage stickly, you ramp up mp. I think it does 2 things. 1. it affords a higher power budget for the user making him feel better when he lands those consecutive hits and 2. the enemy if they dodge even a few of the hits feels like they can out blay it.

10-17-2013

Quote:
GlaciesPhoenicis:
The new alt is supposed to encourage warding, tell your support to ward.

ult*

this isnt a matter of warding. what support do you know that roams to ward the whole map during the laning phase? also if you actually read what i posted i said that the person walked pass a ward (one that i placed). im not saying that there needs to be vision for the entire duration but at least long enough to see what were aiming for. i said it before and ill say it again. theres no point in having an ult of that size if you cant see what you are aiming for

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

10-17-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
As far as ramping attacks goes, that's an interesting idea. How does that help, in your vision?

What if you did something like:

"Xerath gains 33% spellpen (perhaps it stacks additively, but not with purchased spellpen?) for each spell that hits an enemy champion. The stacks last two seconds and cap at 3."

If Xerath hits you 3 times in a row he starts doing true damage. Allows him to full-to-zero people if he lands all his skillshots.

Of course, this severely rear-loads his damage, as his early shots will have to be weaker to compensate. Not sure it's worth the tradeoff. Something interesting to consider, though.

Tortferngatr

10-17-2013

Quote:
ZenonTheStoic:
I think the feedback we've gotten so far on the move-while-charging paradigm has been overwhelmingly positive. Personally I also enjoy doing it a lot. We may need to find the right tuning for both the slow amount and the total charge duration, but I doubt we'll go to the extreme of fully rooting you for a very quick charge up.

Hmm. What about an increasing slow as you charge up?

Mirage Night

10-17-2013

Quote:
WarlordAlpha:
What if you did something like:

"Xerath gains 33% spellpen (perhaps it stacks additively, but not with purchased spellpen?) for each spell that hits an enemy champion. The stacks last two seconds and cap at 3."

If Xerath hits you 3 times in a row he starts doing true damage. Allows him to full-to-zero people if he lands all his skillshots.

Of course, this severely rear-loads his damage, as his early shots will have to be weaker to compensate. Not sure it's worth the tradeoff. Something interesting to consider, though.

Thinking in terms of world of tanks for a second. Artillery shreds the targets armour. and requires a spotter to allow your to see your intended target.

A shredding effect to the target for consecutive hits, 1; 5%, 2 15%, 3 45% obviously can be changed. Or even better just use the black clear armor shred idea and work it around this.

10-17-2013

just finished another game and im kinda fed up with V5 xerath. if this is how the final version of xerath will be then ill just get heimer. early game dmg is practically non existant, lack of vision on the ult makes it extremely difficult to use on anything not already in Q range, and the 35% slow and long charge time completely telegraphs your intentions and its not worth a bit of extra range. youre better off walking up to them for the almost-instacast Q, then walking away

IS1fa8992fb18aa9b5291e6

10-17-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Let's discuss the options here:
  1. Stop the rework - This is off the table
  2. Change the rework dramatically - We are beyond the point of doing this. Art is almost finished.
  3. Make focused polish adjustments to make sure the Xerath experience is as rich and balancable as possible - This is where we're at

If you want to make suggestions in this final space, we can talk about it. If you disagree with the goal of the rework or the major abilities, we're past the point where that's productive.

Xelnath,

why choosing the Sniper way on Ultimate and not the Artillery one ?
Live Xerath is more an Artillery mage, who can choose between hit 3 packed ennemy,
and make strong damages to their team, Or try to shoot behind them to kill Marksmen (or at least make him flee)

I prefer an High range ultimate (~1500/1800) with a better AE, than an Half Global range with surgery tool.
What kind of ultimate can we expect if we dont pay the cost of the super high range & vision ?

Zaenos

10-17-2013

@Xelnath

Quote:
Xelnath:

So in this way, it actually levels the playing field a bit. As far as ramping attacks goes, that's an interesting idea. How does that help, in your vision?

The original posts:
Quote:
Zaenos:

*snip*
Passive:
Problems:
-Magic pen is weak compared to live values, especially during mid-game
-Magic pen is invisible power, and has little counterplay

What if:
-The base magic penetration is reduced, but he can build stacks to increase it by landing spells (Perhaps with a small bonus vs minions to retain his waveclear?)

Might this:
-Provide a sense of building power
-Complement Xerath's poke-y playstyle
-Remove invisibility of power
-Provide counterplay
-Allow Xerath to retain his fantastic levels of magic pen
-Allow Xerath to receive his new higher base damages despite this, because he won't be able to 'sneak attack' you with all this pen
*snip*

Quote:
Zaenos:
@ZenonTheStoic
*snip*
What do you think about the idea of building magic pen stacks on spell hits? Although it would somewhat discourage tanks from drawing fire, I'd think it may have better interactivity on both sides, emphasize the theme of an extended siege, and possibly even allow it on the ult (since it wouldn't be very high if it's the first spell you use). It'd also be an indirect way of backloading the ult's damage.
*snip*

IS1fa8992fb18aa9b5291e6

10-17-2013

Quote:
Zeracanule:
@Xelnath please, let me speak in this case. Crownface if you were so vehemently opposed to the Xerath rework where were you in MAY when Xelnath first started talking about it? Why instead do your vile words about the Xerath rework only show up getting quoted when he finally shows up on the PBE, months upon months after talk about what the rework was having done to it. You could have voiced your opinion nearly half a year ago on the forums.

if you were on the 1st Xelnath thread on May, you 'd have known where was Crownface ...

ColdMiller

10-17-2013

still having to buy void staff on xerath again, or the calamity. ahah