Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnyStyle

Recruiter

10-10-2013

Quote:
Nopaq:
What is the process to becoming a tester? I have played about 1000 ranked games now and I love playing mid. I enjoy playing Xerath, and I would love to be able to test out his new kit and provide some feedback.

The process is to pray that one day you get to sign up for the pbe.

FRlG OFF BARB

10-10-2013

Passive - Power Absolute (or even Locus of Power, I loved that ability name. Keeping it as a passive would be fun)

Q - Arcanopulse

W - Arcane Barrage

E - Shackles of the Ascendant

R - Bedlam

OnyStyle

Recruiter

10-10-2013

Passive: Arcane Master
Q: Arcano Pulse
W: Arcanic Bullseye
E: Mage Chains
R: Unlimited Power/Limitless Power

Sevenix

Adjudicator

10-10-2013

Can we please name his ultimate Noah's Arc?

Vox Vestige

Recruiter

10-10-2013

Passive: Ascendance
Highborne
The Infused One
The Tainted One
The Imbued

Q Name: Arcane/a Destruction (Arcane or Arcana)
Arcane/a Annihilation
Magi's Fist

W Name: Arcane/a Implosion
Arcane/a Overload
Mana Implosion
Magi's Retort

E Name: Arcane/a Infusion
Arcane/a Abduction (temporarily "abducts" their minds which causes the stun)
Arcane Shackles
Shackles of the Arcane
Shackles of the Magi
Magi's Shackles

R Name: Ascendance (I like it for both passive and ultimate - obviously not at the same time. :P)
Omnipotence
Omnipresence
Magi's Vengeance/Contempt/Hatred

Zeracanule

10-10-2013

Xelnath, can I add you on league, I'm Zeracanule. I've been a Xerath main since he came out, and I just..... Thank you, I'd love to skype with you and personally thank you too for just... Xerath, for keeping him.

Damascus404

10-10-2013

Passive: Lord of the Arcane
Q: Arcanopulse
W: Explosive Power
E: Magus Shackles
R: The Unchained/ The Ascended

Nanophreak

10-10-2013

Ultimate - Aside from the method you cast it, I really like it. It does good damage and operates exactly how I expect. However, I think a Zyra passive route might make a lot more sense here. Instead of making us use the mouse to click cast, which no one is used to, replace all abilities with the ultimate, so any spell you press causes you to ult once. I would be more comfortable with that.

Spell names -

Passive: Raw Magic
Q: Arcanopulse
W: Magus Blast
E: Destabilized Energy
R: True Power

As a being of pure magic, Xerath's new passive makes a lot of sense to me. The name reflects this.
Arcanopulse is his classic skill, keep the name classic.
Magus Blast references Xerath's Magus title and it's use, it's straightforward and rolls off the tongue powerfully.
Destabilized Energy is a bit of a mouthful but not too bad, Unstable Magic doesn't make as much sense anymore and also has word repetition with his passive, which is a no-no as I understand it.
True Power references a voice line Xerath oft repeats, and sounds suitably impressive and all-powerful for an ultimate.

Range - A little long on the W, everything else is fine.

Relative power of abilities - Ratio on the stun seems a little high, everything else fine.

Skin VFX - Battlecast

Overall the darker tone looks good and the solidity under the armor is kind of nice, but the theme with him being energy and also as a Battlecast skin doesn't really fit.

Autoattack looks (and feels) great.
The Q looks nice charging and throwing, but could use some particles.
The W has a very impactful look and communicates the delay well, but has someone broken visuals atm.
E is also broken a little but an orb doesn't really make sense to me for Xerath. It doesn't fit his visual profile at all.
Ult is basic at best, not very impressive looking.

Audio - None exists as of yet.

Mark Chang

10-10-2013

So I noticed that the new Xerath Q is Varus's but recycled and changed up a bit, which is totally fine, but I was wondering if the mana cost will be refunded a bit when you don't cast it, or if that is going to be changed later.

Sidenote, I can't hear any noises on his abilities, are they not included yet?

Zerglinator

10-10-2013

Could his Q state that he's slowed while charging?