Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drazarr

10-10-2013

Xerath main here so I'm pretty partial to the existing ability names-

Passive - Ascended Form
Q - Arcanopulse
W - Arcane Blast (since it is no longer a barrage)
E - Binding Power
R - Power Overwhelming

Skyhawke

10-10-2013

Hey Xelnath, have there been any lore changes?

That could greatly influence the spell names, I think.

Nanophreak

10-10-2013

Patch keeps failing at brushoverlay.jpg swatch

IS1d2f73fc65c5cecdf878c

10-10-2013

Passive - Overwhelming Power
Q - Arcanopulse
W - Eldritch Blast
E - Mystic Missile
R - Arcane Torrent

Also does Xerath have new voiceovers?

Thales

10-10-2013

I saw something interesting in the datamined stuff. A Xerath-only item, like Bonetooth for Rengar, that, along with some blasting power, allows him to level up to Level 20. What does this even mean? Is it just an eventual additional two levels worth of stats? While that would be hilarious and incredibly flavorful, it doesn't strike me as particularly powerful. Or will it be possible for his abilities to each get a little bit more scaling at levels 19 and 20? So you could actually have level 7 Q when you reach Level 20? I don't know if that would be balanced or indeed balanceable, but it would be awfully cool.

LVNsNASmurf

10-10-2013

Phoar, new names!

P: Mortal Contempt. Reasoning is as an ascended being of energy, he holds their defenses and limitions on energy workings in utter contempt.
Q: Arcarnopulse is fine here.
W: Arcane Strike. Harking back to the name 'Arcane Barrage', this skill is obviously taken from it, and should have a name which links them. A singular blast is a strike, rather than a barrage.
E: Entombment. My thoughts here is that Xerath redirects a portion of the magic binding him to effect his enemies, temporarily entombing them, much like he was.
R: True Power. The number of times I've heard him say that is quite high, and it fits, he uses his full power.

Other stuff I'm excited for. Non ult trades. With most mages, you could do a 3 spell rotation, with your CC up front, to make hitting the 3rd easier. Lux had AAs to proc in her 2 spells, but Xerath sort of just, didn't two spell trade well, and rather it was a bunch of arcarnopulse snipes, then boom. Now I'm excited I will be able to roll the W-E-Q combo, for slow, stun then charge Q. The best bit, is that with the super long R effect, you can trade them down, then if you choose to, blast them away.

I'm also excited for an update on Runeborn, cos thats my fave skin, even if it was a bit too bright and neon.

wobs23

10-10-2013

Passive: Arcane Intuition (Path to Ascension and Relenquishment of Weakness are also excellent suggestions)
Q: Pulsating Energy
W: Arcane Eruption
E: Volatile Energy (It would be like the old Xerath's Unstable Magic)
R: Reign of the Magus (Indefinably the best name suggested)

Can Xerath also have some more champion interaction? Like special taunts related to Ryze or apparently he's friends with Cassiopeia and Renekten so he could have some interaction there. Also I feel his skins should be revamped, they are in my opinion some of the worst in the game. Except Scorched Earth, everyone likes Scorched Earth

Fawstus

10-10-2013

Passive: Path to Ascencion.
Q: Arcanopulse; is fine and a defining name for his skills.
W: Arcanoblast; cause it will look good while talking about his combos.
E: Irony Flux; cause Xerath, who is trying to be free, is now holding someone.
R: UNBOUND! Cause that's what happening, right?

Sonic Nova

10-10-2013

Suggestion for Spell Names

Passive: Relinquishment of Weakness
Q: Mage Flair (Arcanopulse is still fine however)
W: Volatile Energy (Arcanoblast sounds like a suitable name too)
E: (Vision(s) of) Entombment (did not know if it stunned one or multiple champions, and it matches his backstory)
R: Godly Barrage (True/Overwhelming Power are also good candidates)

drakon137

10-10-2013

So. Chancellor's Staff and Emperor's Sceptre. Why was it a good idea to give him a unique 100 AP + 50% magic pen item, and a copy of the same item that also lets him hit level 20?