Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoLKiru

10-10-2013

Q - Arcanopulse

W - Mana Torrent

E - Arcane Spark

R - Power Overwhelming!

CAN'T WAIT, MUST HAVE VIDEOS

CynicalGiant

10-10-2013

Q: Arcanopulse
R: Arcanopocalypse

Auryiel

10-10-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
You might say he was blindsided by my wit.

Xelnath pls....

R could be ''Throne of Ascension'' or ''Wrath of the Ascended'' or ''Arcane Wrath''

I'm bad at this...

or ''Power Overwhelming'' for the awesome reference

IonDragonX

10-10-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
[*]Passive: No longer grants armor, now grants % magic penetration and restores mana on basic attacks.

I regret never being able to play with the Magic Pen from mana version of this. I was really stoked when I heard about that.
Quote:
Our intent is to ensure that XerathÂ’s core pattern is fun and engaging, but his ultimate use is a rare, powerful long-ranged attack.

Mission accomplished, here.
Quote:
[*]Spell names - this is a unique opportunity to contribute your idea for what Xerath's spells should be called. I'll be reviewing EUNE, EUW and NA for ideas!

Passive - "Eldritch Form"
Q - "Arcane Lance"
W - "Arcane Storm"
E - "Arcanopulse"
R - "Magus Ascendant"
Quote:
[*]Skin VFX - His Battlecast and Runeborn skins have new colors. Provide feedback!

I'm sorry to say this, because I know you don't want to hear it, but his Battlecast skin really, really needs an upgrade. He should look like a robot, not a living lightning thing. He needs to look like Maximilian from "The Black Hole". Cover up all that lightning with plate armor. Make his Q a pew-pew-lazor and make his blast from above into a missile strike.

IonDragonX

10-10-2013

Quote:
ShadeOfRed:
My PBE client didnt get patched and I dont see any change on xerath.... did the patch files not get uploaded yet?

I just got kicked off the PBE around 5:00 CST. It looks like they are patching now.

Kamku

10-10-2013

As for spell names

Passive: Power overwhelming - please I know it was called that in testing.

Q: Power flux

W: Tomb Breaker

E: No idea

R:Arcane's Reign (a slight joke on him raining damage)

Will he lose his lightning joke if he is no longer based on lightning?

RektlessTV

10-10-2013

Here's my input for spell names. Hope you at least consider some of them. :3

Q: Arcanopulse. Why change it? It's still basically the same spell.

W: Arcane Blast. It's an explosion. Not much else to really say about this name.

E: Static Lock. I think that since Xerath is mostly seen using electricity, this is a fitting name. He fires off static electricity to stun/lock an enemy in place. Best name I could come up with.

R: Endless Power. Since he's locking himself down to unleash blasts of energy, I feel like this is more appropriate than something along the lines of him unbinding or freeing himself. Other names like those implicate that he's free to move around. This one just puts the idea that it's going to be one hell of a hit if he lands it.

TwistedBlack25

10-10-2013

..why not keep Mage Chains as..Mage Chains? Shoot out literal chains made up of Xerath's magic, that explode and bind the target on impact?

Think a mixture of cocoon and ethereal chains from Elise and Leblanc respectively.

Thales

10-10-2013

For ability names, though "Power Overwhelming" is a good name for the R, I'm partial to "Break the Chains", indicating how for a brief time, his power surges through the bonds that hold him. "Reign of Power" could also work, as a triple entendre. It's an extended period where Xerath becomes terrifyingly strong, it's removing the leash (reins) on his power, and it's raining death from the skies. Of course, that wouldn't translate well. Other thoughts I had include "Storm of Unmaking", "True Power", and "Ascendent's Wrath". That last probably works better for Syndra, though.

"Surging Power" could work for the passive. "Arcanopulse" is still pretty good for Q, though I think "Magus's Whim" could work, conveying how utterly trivial what is in-game a powerful blast is to Xerath. "Engulfing Power" could work for W, though something simpler might be better. For E, I like the flavor it currently has, but I think "Flux Chains" is a little cooler.

As a side-note, why is the duration of ult so short? Just because you get relatively few blasts, and it breaks flow to sit around waiting?

For ease of reading, here's a complete list of my thoughts on names for the abilities.

Passive: Surging Power, Tap the Leylines, Sorcerous Conduit
Q: Arcanopulse, Magus's Whim, Sunderbolt
W: Razing Blast, Engulfing Power, Epicenter of Force
E: Flux Chains
R: Break the Chains, Power Overwhelming, Reign of Power, Arcane Barrage, Storm of Unmaking, True Power, Ascendent's Wrath, Time of Ending

M0ng00seGangsta

10-10-2013

Passive: Magic itself

Q: Arcanopulse

W: Burst of Power

E: Vengeant Force

R: Arcane Barrage