Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IvanRedgrave

10-11-2013

I saw Xerath's ult and the particles feel a bit lack luster for an ultimate, any way to make it look more IMPACTFUL

BadgerDrool

10-11-2013

Just finished a 1v1 two Xeraths enter. One Xerath leaves on SR. My feedback on his current state.

OH DEAR GOD YES!!! AH OOOOHHH YESSS!! YES YES YES!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

*cough*

Right...uuh... His ult is REALLY good. It's just so different that it's awkward. Wraith Collar is kinda OP on Xerath now and it's FREAKING HILARIOUS.

Another point that'll make Xerath players struggle to get used to him is itemization. The 3% mana back every 12 seconds means that straight mana can now also be regen. Which is neat. This is hard to speculate on but maybe RoA vs Zed? or similiar? It's hard to tell right now and Xerath may suddenly be using weird items.

Just need to fix his invis particles and give him sound so we can really appreciate it.

(oh and it was fun trying to dodge his ult too. I appreciate the feedback it gives the enemy)

Twilightmagus

10-11-2013

Quote:
IvanRedgrave:
I saw Xerath's ult and the particles feel a bit lack luster for an ultimate, any way to make it look more IMPACTFUL

They should just use this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVepBuAN-hk

UltimaFatum

10-11-2013

Visually I love the new theme of his spells. Riot did amazing in steering away from the awkward lightning spells to pure energy. I absolutely LOVE what they did to Xerath's ultimate. He really looks like a locus of mana when entering that state - imposing and downright terrifying. My only criticism to what we currently see on the PBE visually is that the four shots of his ultimate don't look all that powerful for how crazy Xerath looks in his ascended form. In fact they don't look as good as his other spells period. It's just a visual thing, but I think adding a bit more ''wow'' to the shots would make them look and feel a lot more threatening.

Two things mechanically; there is still the same wind-up to Q before the spell is actually fired, except that now there is the additional charge-up to the spell. Given that, are there any plans to make the wind-up a little less prominent?

Entering his ultimate disables his other spells. Somehow that makes it feel like using Xerath's ultimate in a teamfight will make him less of a threat overall. Was this an intentional thing?

El Naphtali

10-11-2013

After trying him out on the PBE last night, initial impressions:

1)Q/W/E all feel great. I know you said you didn't think they'd get another vfx pass, but I feel like the Q effect should be a little lighter in color (similar to how the W is).
2)R feels a little weird at first, not sure when its best to use other then poke/catching runners after a team fight. Also, I'd love to try the version of R with increased/unlimited number of shots but less damage per shot. I feel like as soon as you get a bead on somebody and you get out those four shots its over too soon, I want MORE! Either that, or try to rebalance his R with 4 shots but a lower cooldown.
3)Can the vfx of the bolts from his R get dialed up a bit? It feels a little... flacid as is.

Oragagashi

10-11-2013

I'll give you a way mor in depth reply next week, when I have a chance to play with a mouse!

Out the gate though, the projecctile particle on the ultimate feels extremely lackluster.
I feel like it should be... more explosive? I'm not sure thats the right word, but it should feel like it has an impact.

TL Pride

10-11-2013

Found a bug:

If you die while in the middle of rooting to start your ult. When you respawn you will still have the shockwaves radiate from xerath

Also when this happens your ult doesn't go on cooldown, and when you cast your ult the shockwaves work as normal again

TomatoTamago

10-11-2013

R should have more ULTIMATE feel,currently the way he root himself looks strong but the Arcane Barrage fired looks weak.It doesnt feels like Xerath unleash his great power to shoot something strong.The old arcane barrage particle and sound can be a good example,more GRAAAHHHH!!!! feel.

Tax Rate

10-11-2013

In my opinion he is a lot stronger, yet a lot more vulnerable. Before, mage chains could be cast on a champion and even if you missed arcanopulse, you had at least 3 charges of your ultimate to stun the target, while now if you miss the skillshot, you won't stun it. Before you could use the speed boost of locust of power to escape, and it was faster to cast a full range arcanopulse with locust of power.

on the other side, now he has a nice slow, you don't need to level up two skills to reach the potential of the max range arcanopulse, he still retains his stun to compensate his squishyness (is that even a word?) and his new ultimate is simply perfect. casting animation/mechanics for the ultimate are amazing, the area of effect particles is a lot cleaner than it used to be and way better IMO, got decent damage and amazing range. might be a little overpower, but since i'm a xerath user/fan i really don't mind.

Pieter

10-11-2013

As a long time Xerath player, PBE Xer is quite a departure.

The biggest thing I miss is the ability to quickly reposition and resiege; the removal of W prohibits that, as he no longer has a speedboost. A slow isn't quite similar, as it doesn't let you play around multiple members of the enemy team.

The ult itself is absurdly powerful. Perhaps make making it a larger AOE, but with a lengthier warning (IE, think Ziggs ult's warning before landing), as well as making a minor cd between ult casts would help make it slightly more balanced and feel more like artillery rather than just a broken burst ability.

Also, the Ult's animation/effects are not at all impactful and don't communicate the ability's power. It really needs to look better.

Q charge mechanic is meh, though the animation isn't terrible. W and E no longer fit hit sieging style - their range feels more like any other AP mid's range, which is disappointing. Why can't those also have a similar charge mechanic to the Q (make it a repeating pattern with xer)