Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LeaverBuster FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010

Quote:
Wreththe:
Do the bans trigger immediately upon crossing the threshold or does it process all the scores during a window each day and issue all the bans/warnings?

It's immediate upon game completion. I believe you get ejected from PVP.net also.

CaptainT

Recruiter

12-14-2010

What about people who will just "afk" at the well instead of leaving?

What does this system do other than promote that so you don't get leaver marks?

BaneTek

12-14-2010

I have ZERO problem handing the mouse controler over to my 5 year old and telling him to have fun should I have to get up and go do something...

In ranked or normal

fokaL

12-14-2010

Hey zileas can you answer my question from last page. its about queue dodging

AdorableSatan

12-14-2010

Quote:
aymanh:
What happens To afkers?

Mhm. This brings up an interesting point. Leavers are automatically punished, but, at least in my Elo range, people prefer sitting in fountain arguing with their team about how bad everybody is rather than leaving. And with the automated leave punishments they'll be even more inclined to just sit in fountain rather than leaving. Honestly, the problem has never revolved around people leaving - at least in my experience. It has been staying in game but not doing anything in fountain.

Perhaps implementing a similar system for a person's habits in the game. For example, if a person stays in fountain/base for more than 10 minutes they face the same fate as a person who leaves. This does of course only apply if they're in the game. However, if, for example, an inhibitor turret, or even an inhibitor, is down, the time spent in base isn't counted and only time spent in fountain is. Just a quick thought.

AntiToxin

12-14-2010

Edit she sorta answered the practice question. But is it all practice games or just the ones where you are the creator?

Fulgr1m

12-14-2010

So has the number system taken effect with the current amount of leaves a person has? Like if a person has 50 leaves right now will it ban them if they leave 1 more game or is it ore of a fresh start for everyone?

JonTehKnight

12-14-2010

What about custom games? Are the leaver marks the same for custom and normal with ranked being the only difference? I would think custom would be more lenient.

Fenthis

12-14-2010

Quote:
Toddles:
That didn't really explain anything.

How many, and what timeframe, are people going to start being acted against?

You don't need to know cause you shouldn't get anywhere near the limit.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010

Quote:
CaptainT:
What about people who will just "afk" at the well instead of leaving?

What does this system do other than promote that so you don't get leaver marks?

The system will occasionally leave flag you for this. We will have an adjustment in the next patch or the patch after (or maybe a live fix) which will allow the game server to declare you a leaver in a game in which you have generally been AFKing, even if you complete the game.