Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LeaverBuster FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellow X

12-14-2010

Quote:
Zileas:
Q:Are ranked, normal and practice games treated differently?
A:At present, we give double penalties on ranked game leaves, because like, it's a bigger deal.

-1 because...

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ranked games.
normal > ranked so big bad etc bad grammar etc

Jamminoberon

12-14-2010

I love the banning system.. It lights up my christmas tree..

Ioaim

12-14-2010

What if I'm playing a practice game on my own and leave after testing something, does it go towards my record?

Crimson Rose

12-14-2010

Quote:
kilikem:
ranked

lololol

fokaL

12-14-2010

What about queue dodging?
Lets say i dont want to play with this certain team or my friend just came online and were duo queue buddies then what?

Also ranked queue dodges gives leaves what about that? ban for q dodging is really stupid because you arent affecting 4 ppl for 1 hr really. u arent even affecting anyone tbh

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010

Quote:
Beatus:
Ok, but how many leaves does it take for a warning and how many leaves for a ban?
I always suported the thousands of leaver protection ideas on the forums, but I don't think people should be banned because their computer crashed once or twice in the same week, for example.
If their computer "crashes" twice EVERY week, then they should get a ban.

In general, you need at least 2 leaves between ban steps to get banned. Unless you leave ranked games, in which case it can be 1. Completing a lot of games will increase this number as you earn away your leave points.

Wreththe

12-14-2010

Do the bans trigger immediately upon crossing the threshold or does it process all the scores during a window each day and issue all the bans/warnings?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010

Quote:
Ioaim:
What if I'm playing a practice game on my own and leave after testing something, does it go towards my record?

no, that's fine.

Jamminoberon

12-14-2010

Quote:
fokaL:
What about queue dodging?
Lets say i dont want to play with this certain team or my friend just came online and were duo queue buddies then what?

Also ranked queue dodges gives leaves what about that? ban for q dodging is really stupid because you arent affecting 4 ppl for 1 hr really. u arent even affecting anyone tbh

What about queue dodging? Different penalty?

xephh

12-14-2010

Why no theological questions!?