Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LeaverBuster FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devynity

12-14-2010

**** I got quoted using affect instead of effect

I quit.

TheKachinsky

12-14-2010

Err is this system also replacing the leave marks you have on your account or will that still be there

aymanh

12-14-2010

now i am scared to play .

cuz i have this going in my mind What if my Pc crashs or the Game or what if this or that :S..

i spent a lot on this game so can't risk leave so i can't play ..

Py37K98WBhtcHciP

12-14-2010

Quote:
aymanh:

cuz i have this going in my mind What if my Pc crashs or the Game or what if this or that :S..

If the PC crash, just rejoin the game EINSTEIN.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010

Quote:
aymanh:

You'll get a warning before you get a ban.

Dreamscribe

Recruiter

12-14-2010

One thing isn't covered by this FAQ, because it's slightly a corner case and isn't technically "leaving" as many people think when they conjure up the image of someone saying "**** you all, I'm out *alt-F4*".

Which brings me to my question: does this include queue-dodging Ranked games?

Kamuffinz

12-14-2010

Quote:
Zileas:
Q: I just got disconnected from two games! Am I Going to get banned?
A: Probably not. The system will nail you only for a pattern of doing this. Two leaves may be sufficient to give you an automated warning, but it is not likely to ban you in MOST situations.

Q:This sucks. I just leave when my teammates are newbs.
A:Newbs hate it when people leave too.

Q:This sucks, my internet is terrible because [insert provider here] is horrible. Is there a God? This isn't fair.
A:You are ruining other people's experience if you are frequently leaving, regardless of the reason you are leaving. Riot games has a policy of not answering theological questions.

Q:How long can I get banned for?
A:The automated system can ban you for anywhere between 1 hour and 7 days for any particular issue. However, we will be sweeping the records, and will periodically perma-ban people that hit the 7 day ban too many times.

Q:Are ranked, normal and practice games treated differently?
A:At present, we give double penalties on ranked game leaves, because like, it's a bigger deal.

Very happy with this new system, and am looking forward to less rage quits! I think this was definitely the best way to handle the issue.

SarenArterius

12-14-2010

Zileas, you should sticky this for a while so people can be sure to see it. Also, might want to add this to the announcement section, I think this really answers a lot of questions people might have. Just a thought.

Thank you for the clairifacations by the way.

aymanh

12-14-2010

What happens To afkers?

Beatus

12-14-2010

Ok, but how many leaves does it take for a warning and how many leaves for a ban?
I always suported the thousands of leaver protection ideas on the forums, but I don't think people should be banned because their computer crashed once or twice in the same week, for example.
If their computer "crashes" twice EVERY week, then they should get a ban.