LeaverBuster FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiToxin

12-14-2010

Q: Can you leave practice games without penalty? Sometimes I do practice games with friend-A while waiting for friend-B to finish a previous game. Then friend-B finishes quicker than what was expected and I leave the practice game. Will I be penalized?

xbombr

12-14-2010

So we can't go into self-made practice games to test out a theory and then quit out of them?

I kinda planned on doing this after some of the jungle nerfs.

Paintah

12-14-2010

sounds good, all those kids who are all like "YO IMA TAKE MID OR I LEAVE KK???" and then pick soraka, give first blood and leave anyway may actually be dealt with XD

MrTheBest

12-14-2010

I wanna play a ranged match...
Think there should be a dif tier list for it?

Warscythes

12-14-2010

I am going to assume that leaving practice games will not receive a penalty? Even if you do get one it will be much less than normal games?

pappajosepi

12-14-2010

why should people get penalized for leaving custom games? Aren't they designed so that it doesn't matter if people leave?!

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Q: I just got disconnected from two games! Am I Going to get banned?
A: Probably not. The system will nail you only for a pattern of doing this. Two leaves may be sufficient to give you an automated warning, but it is not likely to ban you in MOST situations.

Q:This sucks. I just leave when my teammates are newbs.
A:Newbs hate it when people leave too.

Q:This sucks, my internet is terrible because [insert provider here] is horrible. Is there a God? This isn't fair.
A:You are ruining other people's experience if you are frequently leaving, regardless of the reason you are leaving. Riot games has a policy of not answering theological questions.

Q:How long can I get banned for?
A:The automated system can ban you for anywhere between 1 hour and 7 days for any particular issue. However, we will be sweeping the records, and will periodically perma-ban people that hit the 7 day ban too many times.

Q:Are ranged, normal and practice games treated differently?
A:At present, we give double penalties on ranked game leaves, because like, it's a bigger deal.
2 Leaves in ranked close to each other is more then enough for an hour ban..

Need.. Stricter.. Bans.. NAO!

Py37K98WBhtcHciP

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
what if one's internet is shtty, mine sometimes but not too frequently goes all laggy and stuff that where everyone stops with all projectiles flying around of nowhere then gets disconnected? Surely there should be a difference on that, the system should categorize leaves and disconects, like in hon. Leaves are real rage quit. Disconnects are where you wanted to play with all you got but cus of shtty net. You are off, i just hope this get's solved in the future
so? Why should we suffer because your internet is ****ty? Why should a ragequitter be punished more than someone who disconnected because of faulty internet, YOU both ruin the game equally.

If you frequently have inet ISSUES, you shouldn't be playing these games, just like those who frequently rage leave.

BTW IN HON, discs/leaves are classified as the same, so don't make up stuff.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010
2 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devynity View Post
This isn't going to have any affect on queue dodging right?
I am not sure on ranked, will have to check. But I know you can still queue dodge normal with the same rules as last patch.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010
3 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
2 Leaves in ranked close to each other is more then enough for an hour ban..

Need.. Stricter.. Bans.. NAO!
It depends. If you have a super clean record, you still may not get a ban and just get a warning. If you recently got warned, that could easily be a 3 day ban. If you recently got a short ban, that could be a 7 day ban.