Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Twitch -- AKA John J. Rambo, the Rage-Inducing Steamloller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qtips

Recruiter

01-06-2010

You should name this the qtips build. But i hear they nerfing twitch next patch. o and whats wrong with needing an 75sec ult to kill someone?

EmptyApartment

01-09-2010

great well written guide, i dont play twitch much (yet) but i do have a buddy that does and im gonna be passing this on to him.

ps. love the debriefings/geekbox

Al da Bok

01-14-2010

Hey Rydog,

Any new thoughts about John J. since the latest nerf ?

Juraya

01-14-2010

yeah, would be glad to hear if there´s something new.
Nerf hit spray n pray hard.

Ramayana

01-14-2010

Quote:
Juraya:
yeah, would be glad to hear if there´s something new.
Nerf hit spray n pray hard.

Not really, the OP part of SnP was that it does 100% damage to everyone it hits and its insane range, neither of which were touched by the nerf. The nerf is easily countered by a single attack speed item, and by the time you're getting to late game, you're doing so much damage that it just doesnt matter.

Al da Bok

01-14-2010

I have to agree with you Ramayana. I'm a twitch player and I didn't expect a nerf there.

As much as I could have understood a nerf of the range, and maybe on the 100% hit for all, I don't get why increased cooldown and less attack speed.

Still, it negates the strategy here, which is stack crit and damage, and rely on ult atk speed to get those kills. I know an easy fix is to spend 1050 on a bow.

That being said, I still would love to know what Rydog, or even Qtips the great, think about that change, and if it made them change their way of playing. This guide was quite an inspiration for me (I was an atk speeder before reading this) and so I'm curious about how you feel about it.

Thanks again !

Al

Leohan

01-14-2010

I usually end up getting a Last Whisper or Malady before I get IE now and it helps, but in some games, this build is now lacking.

Still, a few minor adjustments and it should be fine again.

Al da Bok

01-15-2010

Thanks Leohan, I did this too on my side too, but I really feel Malady is some seriously underpowered when looking at its passive. Wit's end actually too, the mana leech is not really a serious argument and the 42 dmg doesn't scale with crit.

I've got a feeling I'll roll for Starks a couple of times to see how it feels. I might get back to the vampiric scepter at the beginning.

Anyways, let's keep this post alive, it's a great source of inspiration !

Al

Apokalupsis

01-15-2010

Tried this twice. Both times got my butt handed to me. I'm used to playing a speedier all-around Twitch. I can't use Rally worth a **** on this build either. I get the whole "high crit chance/dmg" thing...but I don't see it making up for horrid atk speed (with my play style).

Like the guide, I just couldn't make it work....not even close.

Leohan

01-15-2010

Quote:
Apokalupsis:
Tried this twice. Both times got my butt handed to me. I'm used to playing a speedier all-around Twitch. I can't use Rally worth a **** on this build either. I get the whole "high crit chance/dmg" thing...but I don't see it making up for horrid atk speed (with my play style).

Like the guide, I just couldn't make it work....not even close.

This guide was made for pre-1.0.0.70. Now with the nerf, attack speed is a necessity so this build is moot. I've dropped Avarice Blades completely now. Pre-patch, this build was one of the best out there.