Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Twitch -- AKA John J. Rambo, the Rage-Inducing Steamloller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LolFace

12-31-2009

I don't agree with this build, Avarice blades are NOT worth it. You may be good and i may be wrong, but I do not agree the the Avarice Blades at all. And btw, you cant show som1 in your solo lane how good you are just by ambushing. If they're smart, they'll shoot right back at you, being the weakest char in the game. I may be wrong but I would like you to check out MY build posted here

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=22412

Mabye yours is better, but who knows. No hard feelings, just an opinion. (*.b) (Thumbs up.) XD

Edit: Also, I don't agree with twitch soloing, you're much better with a teammate, sombody with a slow, like nunu, is bound to net you a kill/firstblood, and make it so that person is gimped the whole game.

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

12-31-2009

The primary requirement for Twitch to have a good game is meeting one of 3 conditions:

1) Opponents that do not actively watch where you are, and set themselves up for early ganks.
2) Having a team that makes an extra effort to create early ganks for Twitch, possibly at the expense of a friendly tower or two.
3) An enemy team that does not keep in groups of 2+ late game (or 3+ if they aren't buying Oracles)

What makes Twitch dominate so hard:

1) To combat a Twitch that was not shut down early game, you have to invest money in vision bonuses. And oftentimes these investments fail to do more than trade a 1:1 kill ratio with him, where he comes out ahead.
2) Once fed, he *forces* the enemy team to cluster up as a group, and then can still contribute to a team-fight thanks to the area effect of spray and pray. Or he can tower-rape with his ultimate instead while his teammates distract the roving 5-man.

Obviously, Twitch is shut down by early vision wards + a effort to prevent him from getting gold. It's harder to stop him in a 2v2 lane if he has a good partner.
Later on, stuns are the only real solution.

I'm going to try this build out for Twitch (my usual is Malady, Boots, Cleaver, Zeal (PD later), Banshee's Veil, and Infinity Edge last. Typically focus on quantity of doombolts instead of quality. Will have some fun throwing the huge mother****ing versions though.

Rydog

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
LolFace:
I don't agree with this build, Avarice blades are NOT worth it. You may be good and i may be wrong, but I do not agree the the Avarice Blades at all. And btw, you cant show som1 in your solo lane how good you are just by ambushing. If they're smart, they'll shoot right back at you, being the weakest char in the game. I may be wrong but I would like you to check out MY build posted here

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=22412

Mabye yours is better, but who knows. No hard feelings, just an opinion. (*.b) (Thumbs up.) XD

Edit: Also, I don't agree with twitch soloing, you're much better with a teammate, sombody with a slow, like nunu, is bound to net you a kill/firstblood, and make it so that person is gimped the whole game.

Your key items -- the Infinity Edge and the Bloodthirster -- are the same as mine, so I can't disagree with that. Good foundation in any case.

The reason for the Avarice Blades is to reap the benefits of the early crit boost, and speed yourself along to those key items -- the Infinity Edge and the Bloodthirster -- as quickly as possible without gimping your early-game power. They also allow you to focus less on farming and more on ganking, without overly penalizing your gold intake from creeps. That said, I eventually dump them for better items if the game goes long, but they're great for boosting Twitch's early game. I also stand by Doran's Shield as a starting item, because it gives you a lot more survivability, which is important, especially when soloing.

And if you pick your runes and masteries properly, that opening volley from Ambush is gonna knock off a good third-to-half of your enemy's health, likely forcing them to expend healing resources. Yeah, they'll probably get a couple shots off on you too, but you can take it (what with your excellent early-game survivability), and you're pretty likely to come out ahead.

And I'll point out again that the item build is based very heavily on the build used by Qtips, who is the highest-rated Twitch player in the game. To me, that alone says a lot about the build's competitive viability.

HappyBday

Banned

12-31-2009

Quote:
Hellbender:
You were horrible as twitch and your build didnt even look close to this. Great guide btw.

lmao you are wrong on so many accounts, I was exactly using this build and I killed you many a times starting at our mid laning phase. I distinctly remember you, because I remember laughing at a twitch with kingpin skin just sucking hard. I do recommend you use this build, because I know you love to open with the vampiric sceptre to early malady lmao

rydog, after experimenting with some items, what about executioner? locust prefers it over bloodthirst that I know. seems to use berserker boots for ias too

Rydog

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
HappyBday:
rydog, after experimenting with some items, what about executioner? locust prefers it over bloodthirst that I know. seems to use berserker boots for ias too

I think Executioner's Calling is a good item too. After you get the Infinity Edge, you can get whatever. I still think the Bloodthirster's the best after Infinity Edge, but I'm flexible once I get those items built. Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer, Tiamat, Madred's Bloodrazor, and Executioner's Calling are all good picks.

Hellbender

01-02-2010

Quote:
HappyBday:
lmao you are wrong on so many accounts, I was exactly using this build and I killed you many a times starting at our mid laning phase. I distinctly remember you, because I remember laughing at a twitch with kingpin skin just sucking hard. I do recommend you use this build, because I know you love to open with the vampiric sceptre to early malady lmao

this is so great, i went 3-0 against you at mid and you switched. your build was the worst thing ever. My whole team made fun of you because your spray and pray was pathetic because your positioning sucked. Your post makes me laugh so hard because you were so fail at twitch. gg

alcapowned

01-02-2010

Quote:
1) Ambush
2) Expunge
3) Expunge
4) Ambush

Isn't getting debilitating poison worth it? The extra 10% attack speed and 10 seconds from stealth isn't that great but a slow from 20-80% is well worth it to get a kill early game.

Rydog

Recruiter

01-02-2010

Quote:
alcapowned:
Isn't getting debilitating poison worth it? The extra 10% attack speed and 10 seconds from stealth isn't that great but a slow from 20-80% is well worth it to get a kill early game.

It's too much of a mana sink very early on; better to take a rank when you've got more mana and a little more killing potential.

Rydog

Recruiter

01-02-2010

Quote:
Hellbender:
this is so great, i went 3-0 against you at mid and you switched. your build was the worst thing ever. My whole team made fun of you because your spray and pray was pathetic because your positioning sucked. Your post makes me laugh so hard because you were so fail at twitch. gg

Yes, because if someone writes a guide, they always play the character perfectly, and win, and have great games, and never make mistakes, and can defeat lane enemies under any conditions. And if they lose or have a bad game, their advice is therefore invalidated and worthless.

I've gone on 20+ game win-streaks as Twitch. My wins outnumber my losses by over 30 games at this moment, and last I checked, my Elo was close to 1500. But nobody bats 1.000, and I definitely have my bad games where smart enemy teams destroy me.

I have no idea who you are, what champion you played, or what the circumstances of the game in question were. I've certainly played games where I lost HARD, and certain lane enemies give me untold trouble, as I've noted in my guide. Maybe you pushed me hard during the laning phase and I couldn't keep up; maybe I called for a gank and my idiot teammates didn't help, so I ate it (fun fact: this happens way more often than it should). Maybe I jumped the gun on my ult hoping to score some slight numerical advantage and ended up getting killed, either due to poor positioning like you said or poor teamfight performance. Who knows; these things happen.

Nevertheless, I've had great success with this build. But I'm just as human as everybody else, so I make mistakes, and I have bad games sometimes.

Szabster

01-03-2010

Dear Rydog,

Your guide is the reason why i spent my hard-earned IP on Twitch. It's a great guide but i've got some problems.

I kinda feel like without my ulti up im not really capable of killing anyone when im under lvl10 or a bit more. Dual avarice gives me more crits but I still dont get enough money to buy items quickly enough... I start ganking at lvl6, it usually works out pretty well but perhaps its my positioning, people usually get away with 20 hp

Thanks!