[Guide] Twitch -- AKA John J. Rambo, the Rage-Inducing Steamloller

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rydog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyBday View Post
After having giving this build a try, I have to agree with the double avarice and infinity before zeal. To utilize this item route, you need to be more than a twitch, you need to be john j rambo, you need to understand for fights that matter, you want to time and position yourself always where you are just coming out of stealth. then you will not be missing the atk speed at all, but loving the mass crits.
This.

Your ult gives you all the attack speed you need in a team fight, and Infinity Edge is way more critical to build ASAP.

Hellbender

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyBday View Post
After having giving this build a try, I have to agree with the double avarice and infinity before zeal. To utilize this item route, you need to be more than a twitch, you need to be john j rambo, you need to understand for fights that matter, you want to time and position yourself always where you are just coming out of stealth. then you will not be missing the atk speed at all, but loving the mass crits.
You were horrible as twitch and your build didnt even look close to this. Great guide btw.

Rydog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbender View Post
You were horrible as twitch and your build didnt even look close to this. Great guide btw.
Thanks.

I have a feeling Twitch is gonna get nerfed within a couple patches. Here's hoping they don't completely gimp his ult just to appease people who can't put effort toward learning how to focus-fire him in team fights.

amends

12-30-2009

I found this guide incredibly humorous and very helpful. Thanks for posting.

Hellbender

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydog View Post
Thanks.

I have a feeling Twitch is gonna get nerfed within a couple patches. Here's hoping they don't completely gimp his ult just to appease people who can't put effort toward learning how to focus-fire him in team fights.

ya at end game with no life items you have about 1700 life with little armor or magic resistance. You get focused by good players when you pop out and you die fast. I love his ult btw

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

12-30-2009

This was incredibly fun to read, but I haven't gotten to try it out yet (stupid christmas holiday at home without a decent computer!)

I've played Twitch quite a bit though and I have some questions before hand, hopefully you won't mind.

1. Don't you struggle with mana in the beginning? All that expunging and stealthing! I sometimes start with a meki pendant and a health pot and turn it into a philo stone. Then I go for damage.
2. I always had trouble with attack speed. The ult is nice and I always try to stay as long in ambush as possible, but I often miss because of the ult. I know this is all about positioning, but do you have some tips? I've found that exhaust really helped me to slow them (and I had no reason to get the slowing poison). I usually get zeal or last whisper of wit's end to get some attack speed in. Those items also help with damage and crits. Is that bad?
3. Isn't rally's cooldown too long? Wouldn't exhaust be more functional for slowing and taking down carries?
4. Are boots of swiftness horribad? I feel twitch moves around so slow and it allows me to move around quickly without a teleport.

I should probably just try your build out but that's just some of the stuff I thought of.

Rydog

Recruiter

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPandaBear View Post
This was incredibly fun to read, but I haven't gotten to try it out yet (stupid christmas holiday at home without a decent computer!)

I've played Twitch quite a bit though and I have some questions before hand, hopefully you won't mind.

1. Don't you struggle with mana in the beginning? All that expunging and stealthing! I sometimes start with a meki pendant and a health pot and turn it into a philo stone. Then I go for damage.
2. I always had trouble with attack speed. The ult is nice and I always try to stay as long in ambush as possible, but I often miss because of the ult. I know this is all about positioning, but do you have some tips? I've found that exhaust really helped me to slow them (and I had no reason to get the slowing poison). I usually get zeal or last whisper of wit's end to get some attack speed in. Those items also help with damage and crits. Is that bad?
3. Isn't rally's cooldown too long? Wouldn't exhaust be more functional for slowing and taking down carries?
4. Are boots of swiftness horribad? I feel twitch moves around so slow and it allows me to move around quickly without a teleport.

I should probably just try your build out but that's just some of the stuff I thought of.
1. No. I don't use my skills constantly; I use stealth a couple times to test my opponent's reaction to it, and I tend to only use Expunge if I know it'll kill, or I'm trying to force the opponent to back off. Leveling and judicious skill use provides all the early mana regen I need.
2. The ult gives me all the attack speed I need; I don't worry too much about it otherwise, and I don't rely too much on my stealth timer to buff my attack speed. The damage you'll pump out by exploiting smart positioning and use of skills makes up for the comparative lack of speed.
3. You have a slow already. Rally's very useful early-game to seal kills, and it's good late-game for team fights.
4. CC reduction trumps the extra speed. I agree that it's slightly annoying, but it's something you just have to live with.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

12-30-2009

Thanks for the quick reply. As soon as I have a decent PC I'll try this out. And I'll have to buy twitch first.

nicosharp

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydog View Post
Thanks.

He creates a imbalance in team fighting power waiting for him to pop out, or to die to him after focusing down someone on the enemy team before he pops out. His Ult gives huge advantages to positioning for your team, on tower dives, base pushes, and can shut down opposing tower dives/base pushes. To kill a good "Rambo" is more than an effort in high lvl ELO play late-game, when it really matters, without your team wiping or losing the fight in the long run. This mostly has to do with spray and pray's range and the inability to counter a good twitch player with late game oracles/wards.
Great guide btw.

Rydog

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
He creates a imbalance in team fighting power waiting for him to pop out, or to die to him after focusing down someone on the enemy team before he pops out. His Ult gives huge advantages to positioning for your team, on tower dives, base pushes, and can shut down opposing tower dives/base pushes. To kill a good "Rambo" is more than an effort in high lvl ELO play late-game, when it really matters, without your team wiping or losing the fight in the long run. This mostly has to do with spray and pray's range and the inability to counter a good twitch player with late game oracles/wards.
Great guide btw.
This "problem" applies to a lot of carries. It's what they do if they're allowed to farm early. I've had smart teams roll through and destroy me as a group almost every single time I was up, and let me tell you, that's a game-winning strategy. Smart play counters a lot of Twitch's -- and every other carry's -- tricks.

1234567 ... 13