Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Clarification on 5v5 "dupe" champion custom games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

10-08-2013

Quote:
Akado Bayushi:
5 Karthus would be hilarious, if the combined ults don't cause an ace, then the fps hit will!

it was pretty funny but I built tank karthus and 5 ults didn't work

ShadowKlown

10-08-2013

Why would you make it a short-lived game mode?! The feedback has been nothing but positive and fun. Just like ARAM was and look how long it took for you to listen to the community on that one...

The big boys don't always know what will be fun, let the community decide and I'm pretty sure they've already decided it should be a permanant custom game option.

AntiSkillshot

10-08-2013

Quote:
Darkvolcan:
Reds are a bunch of hypocrites lol

First it's "hurr don't use it we permaban everyone"
Now it's "hurr everyone likes it, it was intentional all along, epik troled!"

Also, thanks for remembering GD is the official forum, and not leddit. It only took 3 days, good on you
You do understand that it was one Red that said that, not Riot as a whole. THIS comment from a Red, however, is from Riot as a whole.
Quote:
Blunts4Brekfast:
Well, I guess nothing takes more luck than being able to play every possible champion.
Well, you're not the only one on your team, for one. Two, not everyone that goes into ARAM, knows how to play every champion they own. Three, if you own all 115 champions, you might get handed a champion that just doesn't work with the champions your allies were given. Four, some players have actually made smurfs just for ARAM, and only bought the champions that are undeniably strong in that mode (Ziggs, Jayce, Nid, Yi, Kat, etc). Five, bit like reason three and four, the enemy team might have gotten a team comp that works will in both the areas of teamfighting, and poke, while your team's comp is only good at pushing or something that isn't that great in ARAM.

Blunts4Brekfast

Recruiter

10-08-2013

Quote:
AntiSkillshot:
As ARAM is more luck based than our current Ranked Matchmaking, I don't wanna see a ranked ARAM, ever.

Well, I guess nothing takes more luck than being able to play every possible champion.

HeyLPG

10-08-2013

That is false. People have been reporting that they've been banned for hosting the games.

DeviosSano

10-08-2013

For the One for All mode, there weren't really any OP champs in it because everyone was using the same champ after all.

Teemo: Most boring as hell match ever, everyone was hidden or shrooms were in the most odd places.

Garen: Very fun, especially to the music of "You Spin Me Right Round"

Blitzcrank: You pull one of theirs and wombo combo them, they pull one of yours and does the same

Nidalee: This is great practice for skillshot practice..and dodging

Draven: So many axes!!!!! It was fun!

Fiddlesticks: What people were looking forward to was the perma fear. What killed everyeone the most was the stupid crow jumps and the ultimate crows.

Blunts4Brekfast

Recruiter

10-08-2013

Quote:
GnomeDigest:
I think Riot's take away from the Dominion experience is the opposite. Why do all the hard work of creating new maps and modes that require balancing for the current champion pool which would allow for ranked modes when you can just throw out "fun' wildly unbalanced short term modes that they can put in a little work as possible?

I wouldnt make the ranking system the same as 5v5, I would simply add a leaderboard where you could see your 1st2nd3rd place finishes compared to global and your friends. Like many other games. Doesnt need promos and demotions, just let me know how much ive won compared to my friends and everyone else.

Wouldnt take any balancing and probably wouldnt be that hard to program

high on dielon

Senior Recruiter

10-08-2013

One thing that would be a nice pre-game option would be to only allow AP or AD based items based on the champ being played.

I did a 5v5 Zilean game which was crazy fun for the start of the game because of the mechanics of the bomb placement. You can override enemy bombs by placing a friendly bomb over it. There was so much bomb micro management going on during early game and everyone was enjoying the gameplay because of it. And then it all got ruined when two people on the enemy team went with the anti-fun ADC build and made the bomb management completely null and void.

Agent Zero

10-08-2013

Five teemo team incoming

Draciusen

10-08-2013

Yes to implementing this game mode
No to implementing temporarily.

This needs to be a permanent thing.