Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Clarification on 5v5 "dupe" champion custom games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daetnas

10-08-2013

Thank you Riot. You handled this situation really well.

As for suggestion for other gamemodes, I'm thinking that an unlimited starting gold/max level mode could work really well in the Howling Abyss or Summoners Rift

HappyMaskSalesmn

10-08-2013

I would like to see a player map editor that lets the community create their own games and host them as a custom game. Similar to what you see in starcraft or warcraft.

With this, League of Legends will evolve exponentially and hold a seat next to the legends as one of the greatest games of all time. League may already be worthy of that title, but can't hurt to further improve right?

TheNameIsJohnny

10-08-2013

Quote:
Spitsonkittens:
Custom game options.

Don't create a bunch of different game modes for us; create the system that we can use to create our own game types.

Choose the map, number of champions, starting gold, starting level, dupe champs allowed, winning criteria... so much more. Just think of all the different things we could choose.

If you give us the options, I'm positive the community can create endless game types for us all to enjoy

Dota and hon had that option ages ago. Riot is just slow

VelNyeScienceEye

10-08-2013

Laughing gas mode. All champs are forced to laugh constantly during the entire match.

Drunk mode. You have control over your character, but the path to where you go won't be Point A to B. "No, Garen. Go towards Teemo, don't hug Baron first!"

AIexei Stukov

Recruiter

10-08-2013

Gamemode: Permanent nocturne ult on both sides?

Kira Onime

10-08-2013

Quote:
Ransan:
When you say that it will be available for matchmaking, how will the client handle that maybe 10 people don't all own the same champion? Will all champs be unlocked for players during this mode?

-> check for similar owned champs on both sides
-> if none are found, use free week champs.

Option 2
-> all champs avaialble for this mode.

wolfax

10-08-2013

Quote:
ND Mallet:
Laughing gas mode. All champs are forced to laugh constantly during the entire match.

Full Lux team, enemy team surrenders the minute teh game starts.

Attack On Aaron

10-08-2013

I really like this, but "Featured game modes are intended to be unique short-lived experiences that we'll release regularly" does that mean you are not going to let us do previous game modes we liked and want to play with our friends with in a private game till it comes back in the "Featured Game Mode"? ):

Also, make the Game Modes that Our Community already have going in Custom games Such as: Capture the Teemo, King of the Scar, Draft Racing, and Hide N Seek

VelNyeScienceEye

10-08-2013

Garen mode: DEMACIAAAAAAA!

AntiSkillshot

10-08-2013

Quote:
Blunts4Brekfast:
So....ranked ARAM and ranked Dom next season?

As ARAM is more luck based than our current Ranked Matchmaking, I don't wanna see a ranked ARAM, ever.
About Ranked Dom, I hope so, but no one, and I mean, no one, plays Draft Dom.

Now, about the actual topic. I'm actually surprised you haven't banned anyone for this, really, I am. It also makes me happy to know that you're not going too.
Personally, i'd like to see a possible Deathmatch type of mode (no Towers and no Nexus, first team to reach X number of kills, wins). Or even a insta-respawn mode, but with the towers having very, very low health, like, max health is 350. Or, even, maybe, you pick 5 champions, and you randomly start with one of those champions, and when you die, you randomly respawn as one of the other 4 champions. Though, idk how much time it'd take to load a match with that "pick 5" mode.