Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Green ping / Red ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrooveRut

12-22-2009

I would like to see a second ping added to the game. Right now if I ping into some bushes it could mean two different things: go here or stay away. And triple ping just adds urgency: go here NOW or REALLY stay away.

I would like to see a second ping option that is red, has a different tone, and is triggered with 't'. This ping means "danger. stay away". This would clear up the arbitrary meaning of the regular ping.

MEMEME670

12-22-2009

I support this notion.

It would also lower the skill gap between pugs - premades too.

Rexplosive

12-22-2009

That would be very useful. Although I don't think it should be triggered with 't', but be trigged by shift+clicking the mini-map OR alt+clicking the mini-map. Or Ctrl...

Trazz

12-22-2009

Or just alt+left click for regular ping, and alt+right click for red ping.

spoden

12-22-2009

/signed

I strongly support this aswell. Many times I ping the map to indicate an enemy presence to avoid or to indicate that an enemy is on the way there, and it gets confusing as to whether I'm telling one to go there or to stay away.

This would be extremely helpful.

InvinceZ

12-22-2009

Quote:
Rexplosive:
That would be very useful. Although I don't think it should be triggered with 't', but be trigged by shift+clicking the mini-map OR alt+clicking the mini-map. Or Ctrl...

support this idea. however, for easy access,razz's suggestion seems better.

Quote:
Trazz:
Or just alt+left click for regular ping, and alt+right click for red ping.

best solution.

Alamo90

Recruiter

12-22-2009

+ 1 to this idea

Opera

12-23-2009

+1. It's a good idea. Instead of g+click, it could be shift+g+click or b+click or whatever, it could be useful...

Almighty1

12-23-2009

+1. People always go into bushes that I ping when I meant 'there's a gank'.

And it should be alt-leftclick (or G-leftclick) and alt-rightclick (or g-rightclick).

Unfawkable

12-23-2009

Support! Also, an option for having different color pings depending on the player who issued it would also rock.