@Morello: When you consider nerfing Support Zyra. Just remember one crucial thing....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TomatoTamago

10-10-2013

Pity pity straight nerf for zyra,indeed no compensation for mid zyra is so so damn pity.This totally makes zyra's history a nerf nerf and nerf

OMG halp meh plz

10-10-2013

So like, where is the "plant focused gameplay" that Zyra was promised?

Nerfing the CDR on seeds without any compensation is a straight NERF to "plant focused gameplay"

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2013

If you're still going to do something more plant-focused, is it's possible to let us know anything specific you have planned?

Or is it still too early to say?

Considering how you nerfed her ranges despite how amazingly slow and squishy Zyra is, and how SEVERELY you nerfed her W, you must have something pretty drastic.

I suspect these plant-focused changes are probably coming from a future patch. What worries me is how long Evelyn, Twitch, and Karma's reworks came, like, long after people stopped playing them.

Cancer Fizz

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
If you're still going to do something more plant-focused, is it's possible to let us know anything specific you have planned?

Or is it still too early to say?

Considering how you nerfed her ranges despite how amazingly slow and squishy Zyra is, and how SEVERELY you nerfed her W, you must have something pretty drastic.

I suspect these plant-focused changes are probably coming from a future patch. What worries me is how long Evelyn, Twitch, and Karma's reworks came, like, long after people stopped playing them.
its actually written in the first post(about the tenative pbe changes),plants will have lower damage at lower levels,and higher at higher levels,this is what he promised.
meh it was obvious they would butcher zyra,i don't know why you expected anything else.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderswine View Post
its actually written in the first post,plants will have lower damage at lower levels,and higher at higher levels,this is what he promised.
meh it was obvious they would butcher zyra,i don't know why you expected anything else.

He didn't say that in his first post. :/

Quote:
The primary thing I'd like to do to Zyra is to make her MORE about plants, and less burst mage. I don't entirely know how this will effect which lane, but I do understand the sentiment to the bottom lane vs mid lane approach. This has been why we've been conservative so far (the missile speed change was just something we should have released with).

I can put more complete thoughts on this later, but that's likely the direction we'd look at outside of numbers tweaks.

EDIT: I can't imagine this is the post that's downvoted. You guys really don't want her to be about plants? I'm honestly surprised - is this a "change is bad", or "Zyra is just a mage to me"?

Regardless, there is a huge problem with weakening her early game damage just to have a stronger late game. That early game is pretty crucial to denying melee assassins CS pre-6. I mean, yes, Ahri and Zed can wave clear just fine...but it was great for denying Fizz CS until he becomes 6 and you need to play super-duper carefully.

More importantly, if you're referring to the suggestion to lower her bases and upping her ratios, that would be a huge middlefinger for Zyra players who build Liandries+Rylai's on her while only benefitting glass cannon burst caster Zyra's who rushes Rabadon's.

Cancer Fizz

10-10-2013

Quote:
He didn't say that in his first post. :/
my bad,i meant the first post about the tenative pbe changes,obviously that wasn't clear at all(sorry about that)

Quote:
Regardless, there is a huge problem with weakening her early game damage just to have a stronger late game.
i am very much aware of that,a mid laner needs to be able to fight in lane,her base damages are already low,lowering them further will hit her very hard.
not to mention,a support needs the damage early game to allow his adc to farm(if the support can't trade due to low damage,the adc will get zoned),late game all that matter is the cc,nerfing her base q damage and plant damage on early levels(which is the only thing a support cares about) is absolute slaughter,she was never op(i mean after her latest nerfs months ago),do something like this to a balanced(though on the stronger side) champion,and he gets annihilated.
Quote:
That early game is pretty crucial to denying melee assassins CS pre-6. I mean, yes, Ahri and Zed can wave clear just fine...but it was great for denying Fizz CS until he becomes 6 and you need to play super-duper carefully.
look,honestly,i wouldn't dare pick current zyra vs fizz/ahri/kassa/zed right now,if they are any good,it's 100% complete suicide.
Quote:
More importantly, if you're referring to the suggestion to lower her bases and upping her ratios, that would be a huge middlefinger for Zyra players who build Liandries+Rylai's on her while only benefitting glass cannon burst caster Zyra's who rushes Rabadon's.
i am aware that her mid lane is already not very good,and nerfing her early levels(base damages) is going to make it even worse.

this is just senseless slaughter of a champion who currently(but not for long) has very good gameplay.(unless the base damage+plant early level damage reduction is REALLY small)

Mynt

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
EDIT: I can't imagine this is the post that's downvoted. You guys really don't want her to be about plants? I'm honestly surprised - is this a "change is bad", or "Zyra is just a mage to me"?
Moreeelloooooo. Don't get trolled into thinking people on the forums is representative of people who play LoL.

Forums is where we go to complain about stuff. LoL is where we go to show our overall approval of the game's state.

UnderworldH4des

10-10-2013

well gj morello, even after most of the thread is saying that you shouldn't change her....you went ahead ANYWAYYY!! Thanks for the straight nerf, and thanks for basically "Reworking" a popular champion for ya know...being fk'ing popular.

Making threads like these and trying to have discussions with you is like useless because you still end up butchering and destroying champions with your team.

Cancer Fizz

10-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderworldH4des View Post
well gj morello, even after most of the thread is saying that you shouldn't change her....you went ahead ANYWAYYY!!
actually GD generally always complains about nerfs,regardless if deserved or not,unless the champions is scary op.
Quote:
Thanks for the straight nerf, and thanks for basically "Reworking" a popular champion for ya know...being fk'ing popular.
it's not a rework,she is just getting nerfed to the ground.
Quote:
Making threads like these and trying to have discussions with you is like useless because you still end up butchering and destroying champions with your team.
well generally i agree with what he nerfs,and generally GD will disapprove of everything he wants to nerf.
what bothers me is that generally before nerfing morello says a champion is either too strong,or needs more counterplay/has bad gameplay,it's not the case here,he is just nerfing her to the ground,without even saying he feels she is too strong/has bad gameplay,i feel that this is just to appease GD qq that mages go bot lane(which is something i find unacceptable).

Ginga

Recruiter

10-11-2013

So how is slightly upping the range of her seed planting ability while taking the range away from the spells that hatches the seed, while simultaneously overkill-nerfing her CDR not over-nerfing a balanced AP mid?

What truly burns is the fact that she's nerfed because people are playing her in such a boring despised role. It wouldn't have sucked nearly as much if she was OP as top, jungle, or as an ADC.