@Morello: When you consider nerfing Support Zyra. Just remember one crucial thing....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OldDirtay

10-08-2013

theres no use, morello doesnt play league cuz if he did he'd realize how much of a bad impact he's made to the game

either that or he is just going full retarded 100% of the time

you never go full ****** bro

Spiritofryu

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxLaugh View Post
So Karthus and Cass aren't AP carries?

very interesting.
you realise that cassios burst can make a man gry right, and karthus has his huge aoe dmg plus lay waste plus his ult. they both do massive amounts of burst dmg

exec3

10-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
AP carry? Who ever said Zyra is that? :P
As her creator how do you define her? I see her as more area control damage over time AP Carry. Kinda like Heimer for area control and Cass's DPS rather than burst playstyle.

LxLegend

10-08-2013

Quote:
I'm sorry but that's not funny. I watched a streamer main Zyra mid to diamond 1 this year. To nerf her because mage kill lanes are popular right now seems lame. Because then you'd end up doing the same to Ziggs, and eventually Veigar, Viktor, Swain and Lissandra after people realize the utility in their kits allow for a fantastic kill lane.

Spiritofryu

10-08-2013

Quote:
when i started playing this game we all use to play ad mids ive been playing since late beat i would say and in this time i have spanned 4 accounts so i can play different accounts (im not your conventional smurf). and sometime during this we switched from ad mids to ap mids because ap mids provided both burst and cc. eventually many ap mids were made with enormous amounts of burst dmg to solidify their place in the game.

eventually you guys started to refer to them as mages and many of these mages we call ap carries, if you intended to release her as a support she should not have the dmg she does now unless you were planning on buffing all conventional supports to the same level as her and thresh. its no secret that zyra and thresh dominate the bot lane and both have enormous amounts of dmg while one gets enormous dmg and tankiness.

if you are now trying to say that zyra is no longer a apc i ask you to remove the tribunal so i can do what i have been trying to do since the middle of season two and play heroes in multiple lanes so people can realize that an adc doesnt have to go bot every game that ashe can go top and dominate her lane partner. dont believe me?? next time you play ranked and the enemy picks kennen for top go ashe its easy to beat kennen as ashe.

before you start nerfing heroes you should note that these heroes should be nerfed or buffed in a way that alignes them with other heroes of their role if you intend zyra to become a support dont nerf her and thresh give us a reason to pick zyra and thresh over sona raka so on and so forth

Bombkirby

10-08-2013

Quote:
That sounds VERY bad for people like the OP. O.o Most Zyra players seem to prefer her as a AP Carry that goes mid and not a support. She was marketed and advertised as one when everyone first heard of her, and that's what the OP was talking about. The OP and everyone in here I'm guessing doesn't want her to "become a Blitzcrank" who gets pushed into a support role through damage nerfs. And then you just said right here something that heavily hints at the fact that you wish for her to not be an AP Carry. That's not gonna sit well with 'em.

Jasiwel

10-08-2013

Quote:
It's just an assumption everyone makes for champs that go mid and have AP.

Auren

10-08-2013

Quote:
Well her champion tab says "Mage; Secondary: Support." I think it's pretty safe to say that Mage is synonymous with AP carry.

Going back to Zyra's champion spotlight, there is not even a hint that should be played support. All of the footage is of her in a solo lane.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2013
9 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
As her creator how do you define her? I see her as more area control damage over time AP Carry. Kinda like Heimer for area control and Cass's DPS rather than burst playstyle.
A mage who is more utility and sustained focus. I think her burst basically makes her really similar to other AP Burst mages, and waters down her identity.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-08-2013
10 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auren View Post
Well her champion tab says "Mage; Secondary: Support." I think it's pretty safe to say that Mage is synonymous with AP carry.

Going back to Zyra's champion spotlight, there is not even a hint that should be played support. All of the footage is of her in a solo lane.
Oh - AP Carry and mage are being used synonymously here. I see the confusion. She is a mage, I define "AP Carry" as primarily damage-focused mage.