@Ironstylus - If Pantheon gets a VU, will he get a face?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wintermallz

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKI3 View Post
diana lunar revel skin confirmed <3
It all makes sense now.........

SlumlordThanatos

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannus0 View Post
Mr. Parrot, I'm not really a fan of most(notall) of the holiday skins. Can we(I) get some reassurance that the Diana skin isn't going to betray her core concept for shenanigans?
"Betraying her core concept for shenanigans" isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd love to see a Midnight Beach Party Diana skin, and I'm sure basically everyone else would too.

Zenoes

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Unfortunately no. She might be up for something early-ish next year. We'll see
Ive asked about 20 rioters at worlds and semis and they wouldnt give me any hints so your my last resort :c

Is Vi getting any sort of skin soon? Can we expect to see the Halloween skins in PBE soon?

battlehummy

10-06-2013

How about a skin that is similar to Vi's sunglasses?

Pantheon can take off his Helmet with a special emote where he kneels and takes off his helmet pledging loyalty( for " ***** " )
and putting on the helmet while lifting his spear ( awesome battle cry)

Or a special hidden emote pledging loyalty towards leona in the same/ enemy team and kneeling for a second

Pulsative

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoes View Post
Ive asked about 20 rioters at worlds and semis and they wouldnt give me any hints so your my last resort :c

Is Vi getting any sort of skin soon? Can we expect to see the Halloween skins in PBE soon?
This thread is about Pantheon, don't derail it, please.

Now that I've read so much about Pantheon, I think I gotta play him more now...

CragBlade

10-06-2013

Quote:
I'm in agreement about the skins. Recolors are a big playground for us. I'd like to give his weapon and shield, base or otherwise, some personality. Base wise, if Targon is all about relic melee weapons, maybe we should figure out how to make his special.
Yeah, his lore makes a big deal about his weapons:

Quote:
Rakkor warriors are trained not only to be as lethal with their bare hands as the most capable martial artists, but also to fiercely wield the many relic-weapons of the tribe. Such treasures have been handed down from generation to generation, and have harnessed the mystical nature of Runeterra in their very cores. These relic-weapons are among the most dangerous in existence - and it comes as no surprise that they have found their way to the League of Legends in the hands of Pantheon.
This stone-faced warrior is a paragon of his people, his very existence is an anthem of exultation to the art of combat. Pantheon found it insulting that the people of Valoran would install an organization to replace war, complete with so-called champions, without including the Rakkor. Gathering the blessings of his tribe and armed with the relics of his ancestors, he has descended on the League to show the world a true warrior. He cares not who he fights, and cares nothing for the pageantry or prestige of a League champion, but lives only for the austere glory of battle. As long as Pantheon breathes, he thirsts for another foe to vanquish.

FMI

10-06-2013

@Parrot: Any idea why the Chinese art for Panth shows more of his face?

imjessus

10-06-2013

Quote:
Unfortunately no. She might be up for something early-ish next year. We'll see
while we're on that topic, can you give us a hint at the champs that will be getting harrowing skins? or at least, a date when they'll be announced...assuming of course we're getting harrowing skins o_o

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-06-2013
10 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Yeah, his lore makes a big deal about his weapons:
Yeah, that seems to be a trend with Targon champions. Funny thing is, I wasn't even cognizant of the relic weapon thing when we made Diana. Started to all fall into place by coincidence honestly. But hey, Pantheon, Leona, Diana, all have relic weapons/shields/armor.

Ralamar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2013

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when and if Panth gets a VU, would it be possible to keep his current ability icons?