@Ironstylus - If Pantheon gets a VU, will he get a face?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

Senior Member

10-06-2013

Maybe instead of faceless the majority of his face is shadowed, save for his chin and his mouth. Either way there is going to be the unexplainable shadow.

Here's an idea, there was a battle that resulted in some sort of face disfiguration/scar. In order to protect his honor he now refuses to show his face to anyone. The reasoning could be Spartans are very particular in how they present themselves, never want to show weakness or that they can be truly harmed in battle. Maybe Pantheon is the prized warrior of his clan, and out of pride refuses to show his disfigured face because to him it makes him less of a warrior. Maybe the injury was the result of when he underestimated an enemy and it reminds him and others when he neglected his Spartan mentality

Some sort of reasoning should be in order. His face should be shadowed for a specific reason. Maybe Pantheon refuses to show his face to anyone except to worthy foes. "By the time you see his face you are already dead"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VelliusQuincy

Senior Member

10-06-2013

I'd say keep the faceless, but I almost never play him so do as you will.

I do have a request if he has VU though, fix that no-pants-theon skin. I fought with a guy who has the skin, when he jumped and landed on me, it made me feel dirty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

10-06-2013

Name:  hmfre.jpg
Views: 6346
Size:  80.1 KB


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CHUNKI3

Senior Member

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm in agreement about the skins. Recolors are a big playground for us. I'd like to give his weapon and shield, base or otherwise, some personality. Base wise, if Targon is all about relic melee weapons, maybe we should figure out how to make his special.
is that moon lady you spoke of earlier getting a harrowing skin? :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

Senior Member

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Maybe instead of faceless the majority of his face is shadowed, save for his chin and his mouth. Either way there is going to be the unexplainable shadow.

Here's an idea, there was a battle that resulted in some sort of face disfiguration/scar. In order to protect his honor he now refuses to show his face to anyone. The reasoning could be Spartans are very particular in how they present themselves, never want to show weakness or that they can be truly harmed in battle. Maybe Pantheon is the prized warrior of his clan, and out of pride refuses to show his disfigured face because to him it makes him less of a warrior. Maybe the injury was the result of when he underestimated an enemy and it reminds him and others when he neglected his Spartan mentality

Some sort of reasoning should be in order. His face should be shadowed for a specific reason. Maybe Pantheon refuses to show his face to anyone except to worthy foes. "By the time you see his face you are already dead"
He isn't a masked wrestler. His face being shown isn't that big of a deal. Him taking off his helmet isn't him throwing away his honor or virtues. Pantheon is merely saying that his might, honor and his armor + weaponry are far more important than what he looks like.

Also, your idea makes Pantheon seem like a weakling and a coward. He is the exact opposite of that. Why would he underestimate an enemy? That seems so un-spartan/pantheon like to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

Senior Member

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelliusQuincy View Post
I'd say keep the faceless, but I almost never play him so do as you will.

I do have a request if he has VU though, fix that no-pants-theon skin. I fought with a guy who has the skin, when he jumped and landed on me, it made me feel dirty.
Ruthless Pantheon is a reference to He-Man and it should stay that way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-06-2013
9 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKI3 View Post
is that moon lady you spoke of earlier getting a harrowing skin? :3
Unfortunately no. She might be up for something early-ish next year. We'll see


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrannus0

Recruiter

10-06-2013

Mr. Parrot, I'm not really a fan of most(notall) of the holiday skins. Can we(I) get some reassurance that the Diana skin isn't going to betray her core concept for shenanigans?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CHUNKI3

Senior Member

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
unfortunately no. She might be up for something early-ish next year. We'll see
diana lunar revel skin confirmed <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

Senior Member

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannus0 View Post
Mr. Parrot, I'm not really a fan of most(notall) of the holiday skins. Can we(I) get some reassurance that the Diana skin isn't going to betray her core concept for shenanigans?
This is a thread about Pantheon not a "ask parrot random questions" thread.