Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@Ironstylus - If Pantheon gets a VU, will he get a face?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Szunray

Senior Member

10-05-2013

He could wear a bandanna/cloth/mask UNDER his helmet at least, so his face isn't just... Y'know, a friggin' void where no light escapes...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tybault Windsor

Senior Member

10-05-2013

It's probably worth mentioning that the black-hole-for-a-face is totally okay with Mordekaiser.

Him being, yanno, the grim reaper in a suit of armor and all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogue Winter

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Tybault Windsor:

Pantheon is held back by the fact that he's a shallow reference and has no character.

Pantheon is an AWESOME character.



THIS times infinity. Sure, he's a bad-ass warrior death machine, but what makes him a SPECIAL bad-ass warrior deathmachine?

Hell, look at Gangplank. He's a pirate, okay. He eats oranges, okay. Now what?

Another thing: A lot of the Mount Targon dudes are basically like Greek Gods. Why not do the same for Pantheon? What sets him apart from the rest of the Leonidas 300 cosplayers?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BanjoStory

Senior Member

10-05-2013

VU reveals that Panth has just been in super dark black-face all along.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tybault Windsor

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Rogue Winter:
THIS times infinity. Sure, he's a bad-ass warrior death machine, but what makes him a SPECIAL bad-ass warrior deathmachine?

Hell, look at Gangplank. He's a pirate, okay. He eats oranges, okay. Now what?

Another thing: A lot of the Mount Targon dudes are basically like Greek Gods. Why not do the same for Pantheon? What sets him apart from the rest of the Leonidas 300 cosplayers?



This is a difficult thing to explain.


Pantheoen is Pantheon because he's -Pantheon-.



Gangplank is in a similar boat.(Heh. "Boat".)



They've been with us so long and are so fun to play, they've developed their own unique senses of selves.


So yes, Pantheon and Gangplank are pretty generic and could be mistaken for any other spartan or pirate to normal people, but to LoL players they're special and are unique, recognizable characters.

And that's all they need.



This issue is whether or not Riot is willing to break what makes them loved to make them more unique, and if it's even worth it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctes setcoN

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Tybault Windsor:
This is a difficult thing to explain.


Pantheoen is Pantheon because he's -Pantheon-.



Gangplank is in a similar boat.(Heh. "Boat".)



They've been with us so long and are so fun to play, they've developed their own unique senses of selves.


So yes, Pantheon and Gangplank are pretty generic and could be mistaken for any other spartan or pirate to normal people, but to LoL players they're special and are unique, recognizable characters.

And that's all they need.



This issue is whether or not Riot is willing to break what makes them loved to make them more unique, and if it's even worth it.

Thats why I hope they keep the pseudo-Spartan look, but just meld it into the lore of Mt. Targon.

Maybe they can coincide the Mt. Targon event they've been hinting at since the Freljord event with Pantheon's VU, and they can get a whole bunch of Mt. Targon's unique look out in the open, the same way they did with Freljord.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcus Veles

Recruiter

10-05-2013

He's gonna need a face if he's going to get a Baker Pantheon skin, without just giving him a "chef hat helmet".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tybault Windsor

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Arcus Veles:
He's gonna need a face if he's going to get a Baker Pantheon skin, without just giving him a "chef hat helmet".



You seem to be implying that a chef hat helmet isn't awesome.


I have to disagree with that sentiment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saintseneca

Junior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Noctes setcoN:
Thats why I hope they keep the pseudo-Spartan look, but just meld it into the lore of Mt. Targon.

Maybe they can coincide the Mt. Targon event they've been hinting at since the Freljord event with Pantheon's VU, and they can get a whole bunch of Mt. Targon's unique look out in the open, the same way they did with Freljord.


A Mt. Targon event is something I think would be a really great next step for the lore. A step forward in the Leona/Diana arc, a Pantheon lore (and visual) update... just making Mt. Targon more important and overall, more clearly purposed.

As for the Pantheon update, I think that having Pantheon be "mysterious" and "faceless" is one of the few strong aspects of who his character is currently, though I'm not sure they have to keep it that way in an update, as long as they make up for it with something even cooler. I wouldn't have an issue with it either way, as long as it's strongly implemented - whether he gains a face or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I F Sht Up

Member

10-05-2013

I like this.

pantheon (2).jpg