@Ironstylus - If Pantheon gets a VU, will he get a face?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTCLSD

10-07-2013

Nah, it adds to the character when Pantheon's faceless. He looks so much more badass :>

Wobiwobi

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Unfortunately no. She might be up for something early-ish next year. We'll see
no offense but

what the flying f***?

Diana will get her skin in 2014? O_o wow man not cool... year and two months after she got release with only one skin that was ruined later and still no skin for Diana? but np we got ANOTHER skin for Leona in the meantime.

all champs before Diana already received new skins
Draven received new skin (Gladiator)
Darius received 2 new skins (Bioforge + Woad King) + another one incoming
Jayce received new skin (Debonair)
Hecarim just received Arcade skin + he had Halloween skin + 2 addition skins at release

Diana got nothing and we need to wait another half year?

L.A.M.E.

Azerain

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctes setcoN View Post
I hope when they get around to giving him a VU, they keep the overall Spartan-esque look, with the spear and rounded shield, but give him some more unique looking armor, something a little closer in design to Leona's because they both come from Mt. Targon.

As for his face, I kind of hope they keep his eyes shaded, and maybe most of his nose, but at least expose his mouth. That way he'd at least look like some kind of superhero or something lol
Leona's armor looks like ****, and even the general aesthetic wouldnt fit pantheon at all.

Just Mid

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermallz View Post
Any chance of a baker skin for Pantheon?

EDIT: included comic for good reference
That was so cute <3

Mikaruby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2013

If a new Pantheon VU gives him a face, I hope he gets a manly Leonidas beard or at least some form facial hair. I don't know about you, but if I were a warrior I wouldn't have time to shave in the morning because I'd be to busy training my martial skills. Plus, having a big black beard might explain why you can't see his face right now...

IMSOJUICY

10-07-2013

Quote:
Just a gut feeling. I don't see any immediate benefit for a helmet-less Panetheon skin, while with Kayle, you sort of have that unmasked Samus thing going on. As for Kayle, I'd say her big reads being her wings and sword trump the helmet/no helmet thing. It's a neat aspect to her, but I don't think it's as equal value to her wings and sword. Just my opinion though.
Personally I would like to see a Pantheon skin without his helmet. You know, remind the masses that there is a man behind the mask/helmet, and that he is not just a war machine dedicated to ending the lives of others. I've always thought of Pantheon's shield and spear first and foremost as his big reads, not his helmet. He's not like Mordekaiser, whose helmet is there to generate some aura of mystery and unknown; everyone knows that there is a man behind Pantheon's helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaruby View Post
If a new Pantheon VU gives him a face, I hope he gets a manly Leonidas beard or at least some form facial hair. I don't know about you, but if I were a warrior I wouldn't have time to shave in the morning because I'd be to busy training my martial skills. Plus, having a big black beard might explain why you can't see his face right now...
I just hope helmetless Pantheon isn't cross-eyed or bucktoothed or something. Then again, when Leona marries him, it would prove she is not a shallow woman caught up in purely physical appearances oh wait I'm getting ahead of myself here aren't I.

tailsmph

10-07-2013

Quote:
Unfortunately no. She might be up for something early-ish next year. We'll see
Does the release schedule suck that bad? Really?
Skins for champions who need them must be low priority if the skin backlog runs into next year

Masquerade4927

10-07-2013

Quote:
Good questions.

Personally I'd like to make Pantheon not just a "faceless Spartan", but that doesn't mean necessarily giving him a face. I mean, I think he's iconic because ya know, the image of a Spartan-like warrior has that shape language.

Logistically, maybe if we did a VU on him we'd put a face under there, actually add some geometry so that it's not just a hollow helmet, but I don't think we'd bust open the helmet to reveal a head.

Even if we don't make it particularly visible on the model, I'd like to give him a bit more depth, figure out to wrap him up in what stuff has gone down on Mt Targon with Protecty Sun Lady and Grumpy Moon Chick.
I agree, I really wanted to have panth be more involved with diana, there isnt anything to go on with it, just that panth and leona are friends, thus it should make them enemies, also if you guys would consider another champ from Mt Targon, maybe another sun/moon champ, another planet or system maybe?

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2013

Pantheon's unmasked skin should be his long awaited baker skin (it'd be kind of redundant putting a cap on top of a helmet anyways.)

Depending on how this is approached, it could be a humorous skin in tone, while also serious in retrospect. Like say, Pantheon wears his helmet to represent the Rakkor as a whole. If no one sees his face, then whenever you encounter one of their helmeted warriors, you assume the worst.

With his baker skin however, that would be Pantheon embracing his individuality, taking a one-off joke and turning it into something that actually defines a part of him, the part that allowed him to be best friends with Leona despite his exterior appearance and lore seemingly clashing with hers. (His fanfic writers have run with this concept ALL the way.)

Kazkal

10-07-2013

Quote:
Logistically, maybe if we did a VU on him we'd put a face under there, actually add some geometry so that it's not just a hollow helmet, but I don't think we'd bust open the helmet to reveal a head.
I'll be sad if you guys turn Pantheon in to another Heroic Hunk :| Always been a fan of armor when comes to Fantasy Games and love the idea of a Faceless Hero...It's not like he doesn't have personalty.

Six of my Favorite Male characters are all because they look badass fully armored and cover their face Jax,Pantheon,Shen,Zed,Viktor & Mordekaiser :| Don't make it 5 please