@Ironstylus - If Pantheon gets a VU, will he get a face?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oprah W

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakon137 View Post
It's not. I asked him in a previous thread, and he said it won't be coming for a long time. They basically have to make a new champion.
The fist I heard of the sion rework was back in the end of season 2. It's taken a year and yet riot keeps saying they've made no ground.

Sorry if i'm a little antsy about the topic, but it's about a champ I care about.

DeathByWaffle

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermallz View Post
Any chance of a baker skin for Pantheon?

EDIT: included comic for good reference
The feels.

oDEIIL

10-07-2013

Hey Iron, is there a "soon" for Sivir Vu preview of her skins?

oDEIIL

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lenny View Post
My only concern in life is if Sivir will be realesed before i am shipped over sea's. 3 months parrot! you got 3 months.
I highly doubt it will take 3 months, I can see this coming. Jinx,Harrowing,Sivir possible? or just a patch with nerfs and balances.

KevinDelMarr

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
There's nothing set in stone. My hope would be to figure out a way to make Targon much more solid and tangible. There's obviously some **** going down up there. Crazy eclipses, entire celestial body worshiping tribes being slaughtered every so often. It's a big place, but these character must have some sort of connection. I'd like to figure out how we can explore and tell stories of those connections.
Usually what happens with people who see themselves as superior or more righteous than others is they try to force their culture and customs on other people. Do you think Pantheon would like it if people robed in gold came from the sky and said "adopt our form of government and work towards peace, not war"? No, he would be against the very idea, maybe even see it as disrespectful/a challenge to his people.

There could be this story of the Solari trying to meddle in Spartan/Targon affairs with Leona and Pantheon in the center, Leona trying to be the voice of reason and Pantheon being himself as Targon's representative. What happens when something falls from the top shelf? It hits things below it (symbolically speaking)

Cuix

10-07-2013

Quote:
celestial body
wink wonk leona wunk wenk

also hi

Mjaxon

10-07-2013

Quote:
There's nothing set in stone. My hope would be to figure out a way to make Targon much more solid and tangible. There's obviously some **** going down up there. Crazy eclipses, entire celestial body worshiping tribes being slaughtered every so often. It's a big place, but these character must have some sort of connection. I'd like to figure out how we can explore and tell stories of those connections.
Pantheon's already has a connection with Noxus in his lore. So maybe, part of the reason why he's the earth of Rakkor compared to the moon/sun of Diana/Leona is because unlike those 2, he's actually seen real combat and threats to the Rakkor way of life via Noxus greed. Sun/Moon arguments are kind of pointless if you're dead or being being enslaved at the hands of Noxus/dominated by Demacia.

Alcibion

10-07-2013

Quote:
Just a gut feeling. I don't see any immediate benefit for a helmet-less Panetheon skin, while with Kayle, you sort of have that unmasked Samus thing going on. As for Kayle, I'd say her big reads being her wings and sword trump the helmet/no helmet thing. It's a neat aspect to her, but I don't think it's as equal value to her wings and sword. Just my opinion though.
Leona.
Is she a warrior? Well, she's certainly clad like one.
Is she a warrior? She... looks like one.

But in her splash, and even moreso in her Iron Solari skin splash (despite the full gear), she's closer to a... representative? of the Sun. A standard bearer of sorts. Sure, she's armoured, but it's almost an ornementative armour.

Pantheon.
He is stern.
He stands firm, fully clad in armour. He wields a spear to strike down his foes, and a shield to deflect the hits. He wears a helmet to protect his head.
Because his place is in the midst of battle.

A helmet tends to make it hard to add to a character because it covers the face, which is one of the best distinguishing features through the expressions it can convey (on top of the sheer variety of traits, colours, etc. to create unique faces). Several frontline champions (for example Darius) don't wear headgear whatsoever while a lot of those who do (for example Jarvan) still have their face mostly visible.

Pantheon's full-on head protection totally obscures his face, anonymising him. So, in short, it doesn't let us know who Pantheon is.
But does it matter?
Pantheon isn't a person in the League, he is the proof of the Rakkor's prowess, "the paragon of his people" as his lore puts it even amongst them. It doesn't matter what his face looks like, as a Rakkor warrior what makes Pantheon and his identity are his deeds and his fighting skill.

The facelessness of his helmet serves to seemingly opposite purposes:
- if you focus on it, the anonymity serves as a reminder that he isn't some lone warrior ten times stronger than any other of his people, but simply a Rakkor. There are hundreds of others, and they're just as skilled and dreadful to face in battle as he.
- on the other hand, the lack of a face can make onlookers pay more attention to other parts of his splash art/look, like the weapons, the armour, his general stance... it lets you seek his identity in other elements of the character by not drawing your attention to a particular point, and indirectly hightlights his warrior body and bearing.

For those who really want a face, it's already shown on his Chinese splash but was obscured when it was brought to our servers as his new classic splash. I hope you like moustaches. :P

LunarCainLegacy

10-07-2013

What about a new splash art instead?

CrimsonBlader24

10-07-2013

I totally agree that Pantheon could use a new coat of paint. Just please be careful with Glaive Warrior Pantheon. I love that wolf-like helmet!