Pick a new poster boy / girl for LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmokingPuffin

10-05-2013

Lee Sin is LoL at its best.

starkey xxx

10-05-2013

Ezreal, duh. He is the main character, after all.

Vempyre

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAtreyuX View Post
Does it have to be one of each? Because I'd actually have a poster of Darius, Draven, Katarina, Sion and Swain staring down Jarvan, Quinn, Garen, Lux and Xin.
Nah it doesn't we are just throwing out promo ideas for the gits and shiggles. But if you had to pick like 2 champions to show a large crowd of people who knew nothing about LoL to catch their interest doing battle, and hopefully getting them to play in the future, it would be logical to have 1 male and 1 female for equality, and it would be preferred if these said 2 champions were accessible early on in the game IP earning wise.

Being beginner friendly and not having some crazy skill curve that would take you a while to get halfway decent at if this said person never played a Moba would be proffered to but not a must.

Twisted Fate was one of the stars of the latest cinematic. He is by no means a easy to play for a beginner, but he is still really appealing I would have to say to a good handful of people who was never exposed to LoL.

Poro Princess

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Ahri has huge *** appeal while retaining relative modesty of dress
I think this is an important factor for wanting Ahri and really made me support the idea. However, the counterpart would need to stay away from any Asian theme just because Ahri is so distinctly Asian (even though she was pulled from a few regions...). It'd become all that more important to show the diversity of characters to prevent new people from getting the wrong impression. Wouldn't want some anime fan to see Ahri and think the game is all going to be references they know - then be disappointed. Or have some anti-anime person avoid the game altogether because of it.

I also like the point that somebody else mentioned on keeping them cheap champions. It'd suck to see a character, join the game to play it, but then you'd have to play a while to actually try the champion you saw. So I'd avoid 6300 champions.

So sticking with 3150 and below... (Kat's price)
For a female I like Sona. She's elegant and pretty... with major boobage. Plus she regularly sees play at all levels. (And there's a Sona bot iirc... So newbies can play against that champion they saw. Yay!)
Not really sure about what male would be a good match...
Do you want muscular to counter Sona's physical weakness? But then that'd give the impression of fulfilling generic stereotypes. Ryze actually fits really well. He's muscular, but he's a mage. He looks human, but obviously is not.

Rockman

10-05-2013

Ezreal and Lux

I could dig Garen and Sejuani tho

MetalGearTeemu

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Never Wins View Post
Poppy

Attachment 794457

this is a face that just sucks in souls
I want the next League cinematic to have Olaf and Poppy beating the **** out of each other.

Maybe some Jax verses Riven.

Oh yes... and Viegar laying waste to the countryside.

LoveSparkle

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
Morgageddon pokes in.

MORGANA!!!!!! We already had that Morg vs. Ahri poster at the Quarterfinals... :P

Katarina would destroy them both. fite m3 irl

Rule 34

10-05-2013

Draven.

The dude spins axes and throws them with such force that they can kill a man and bounce off his limp body far enough so he can catch them.

I mean **** if I was half that talented I'd be set for life.

Skyhntr6

10-05-2013

Fiora!!!
Lux!
Yi!
Screw u teemo
jayce

EvilTreeSpock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2013

Ezreal and Ahri, two really popular champs.