"Jax op" talk getting annoying. People, learn to play Shen and Vayne top.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

first time Vayne

10-06-2013

Enjoy pooping on Jax.

FungalRimjob

10-06-2013

I play a lot of Shen, though I'm not quite sure how he supposedly counters Jax....
Any chance you could elaborate on just how exactly he does?

AK47WOLF

10-06-2013

Hmm we could also use Darius to beat Jax.

Owait Rito ruined him.

an actual dog

10-06-2013

Why is it always "they're not OP, all you have to do is play champion x against them" as if you always get to counterpick your lane?

Cipherz

10-06-2013

Jax absolutely destroys shen in lane post 6 and shen has a hard time pushing Jax out of lane pre-6. At worlds Jax was always used against Shen because Jax is a counterpick to Shen, not the other way around.

Sleipnir of Hel

10-06-2013

Shen doesn't even counter Jax. At least say Renekton if you want to sound credible.

Sleipnir of Hel

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipherz View Post
Jax is a counterpick to Shen, not the other way around.
Jax is falling slightly behind in lane against Shen
Jax receives a gank
Shen dies, everyone praises Jax
Jungler did all the work, gets no praise
"Jax is a counterpick to Shen"

Yup, GD has absolutely no freaking clue what they are talking about.

Cyndication

10-06-2013

i play alot of jax but i get owned by shen, malphite, singed, garen. others that give me hard time is renekton, malphite,etc

first time Vayne

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungalRimjob View Post
I play a lot of Shen, though I'm not quite sure how he supposedly counters Jax....
Any chance you could elaborate on just how exactly he does?
Yea sure, not a problem.

Shen outtrades him really hard early on when he starts with Doran's Shield. He's manaless with low cooldowns on a shield and ranged poke, and his taunt cuts autoattack damage in half. Also, Shen gets damage from building tanky, whereas Jax has to build damage in order to be a threat. It's as clean a counter as you can ask for. Shen can bully Jax out of lane early on and set up nasty ganks, and as long as he holds onto that lead, he is set. Level Q > W > E, build Sunfire then Visage then Randuins, and just be a dick in lane. Be careful with when you ult, though. Jax can cancel it, and be prepared to lose turret when you go. Jax's passive makes taking it easy. Be sure to ult bot lane and secure dragon or their turret while you're there. Coordinate with your jungler to take top turret soon after. With this matchup, it's all about maintaining a slight level lead on the Jax and helping your team as much as possible in the early/mid game. If you manage that, you can split push against him easily.

Basically, poke with Q as much as possible, and taunt Jax when you have more minions than him and your passive is up. Pop your shield to absorb some retaliation damage, hit with Q, trade a few autos, and back off. He'll pop his Counterstrike at some point. Just move out when he does. Even if you eat the stun, he won't get enough damage on you for it to turn the trade. Poke more, rinse and repeat.

Burst with E, Q, passive, and some autos, and use your shield to absorb his damage. Run health regen Quints and AD marks and 9/21/0 masteries to be more durable for trades, and just bully him intelligently. If you see him activate his W in lane, walk back some. Poke with Q and wait for him to hit a minion. Once the W is on cooldown, jump on him for some burst damage. Having the autoattack reset on cooldown cuts his damage by a lot, especially if he's maxing it (which he likely will be).

Any other questions?

DJANGO UNCHAINED

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
Why is it always "they're not OP, all you have to do is play champion x against them" as if you always get to counterpick your lane?
People are stuck in the DOTA mindset of countering, where heroes counter heroes.