Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot should adopt a DOTA-like drafting style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

10-05-2013

bump.

Tojakiro

Recruiter

10-05-2013

Bumpity Bump

bLues

10-06-2013

Bamps.

thumbnail9

10-06-2013

It would vastly help with balance.

BrickRocket

10-06-2013

i agree, i like the way dota drafting works because it lets the other team see what kind of team comp the other team is trying to put together, so they can strategically ban certain heroes and then pick their heroes accordingly.

it makes the drafting stage much more interesting rather than simply banning kass, ahri, shen, renekton etc... every single game.

Vegas Dad

10-06-2013

Let's be honest bans are simply a cop out for balancing champions nothing more nothing less. you ban champs that are OP not for any other reason in solo Q.

bLues

10-06-2013

Quote:
Vegas Dad:
Let's be honest bans are simply a cop out for balancing champions nothing more nothing less. you ban champs that are OP not for any other reason in solo Q.

That's why I'm saying in solo queue you can just tack the bans at the beginning.
This is more for competitive play.

We need more bans, but there is a right and wrong way to go about it.

Though I think I misunderstood what you were getting at.

RavenMagus

10-06-2013

Agreed. The extra bans, and the banning system, are one of the things I like most about Dota 2. Maybe with a banning system like that we'd see less "ban that player" in competitive play and more "ban this champ that is good against our comp".

The Sound

10-06-2013

Quote:
RavenMagus:
Agreed. The extra bans, and the banning system, are one of the things I like most about Dota 2. Maybe with a banning system like that we'd see less "ban that player" in competitive play and more "ban this champ that is good against our comp".

I hear you, and I agree.

More or less a bump.

BrickRocket

10-06-2013

Quote:
RavenMagus:

yeah, while dota does have its banning issues just like lol (im looking at you batrider) the game ultimately is much more versatile.

if your dota team is a strong teamfight comp, you ban furion since his split pushing will become too hard to handle, forcing you to split up to deal with him, therefore losing your powerful teamfighting since you're all seperated now

if you wanna do rat dota, aka play furion and split push all day, you ban out CK and wisp since they'll just drop in, tear furion's balls out, then port back to wherever they were and continue with their business.