How To Win As Volibear Against Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psychotic Man

10-05-2013

I engage him, Blinded.
I stay back and farm, toxic shot.
My passive procs, his e just out DoT's it.

These problems are amplified when I am against him in a 2vs1 lane, no matter whether he is the 1 or part of the 2. If I have duo top, he gets ahead in levels, and with help of jungler, well fed. If he is in duo top, no matter whether his blind and/or move quick is up or not, his lane partner stops me and they destroy me. Jungler comes, and he gets double kills.

I know the rat scales badly late game, but when he gets fed, we don't reach late game. The only time I won against him was when my team mates carried me, or when I had a 1vs1 lane against him (though I believe that teemo was inexperienced). I know he is easy to beat, and I know Teemo is a Hard Counter to Volibear, but is there any wat of winning this matchup?

P.S. This is NOT a 'Teemo is OP' thread.

Ginjavitis

10-05-2013

It'd be difficult, probably a few successful ganks that either get you kills or a farm advantage are the best bet. I don't see you ever beating him straight up unless he's imcompetent or you get way ahead on farm--just know your roaming is amazing, and his isn't, use it to your advantage.

Kellory

10-05-2013

I'm not sure there is a way to win this lane matchup against a player of equal skill. You can maybe stall out the lane, keep him from roaming with pressure on the tower. Everything I seen says don't give up kills to him.

Theorycrafting here...
Objectives: Farm, not die, maintain vision on the rat bas tard.
Run Hybrid penetration marks, possibly Flash, grab a Dorans ring, and max your E first, W second.
Intent: Damage from E is AOE and not dependent on AA, so it is not affected by blind. Doran's ring gives you a little bit extra to farm those first few waves.

Try to bait out the blind by using you Q from way to far away, if he doesn't bite farm a minion. If he does blind try to farm with E.

I'd say don't even try to go for a kill until you've got your SV.

The only other suggestion is not play this lane matchup, which is not very useful.

Glaœon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2013

First off, i feel obligated to say don't play volibear against teemo.

If you absolutely insist, take ghost and ignite, and pray you get the first kill on him.

PerfidiousAlbion

10-05-2013

Teemo is a counter-pick champion and Volibear is one of the champions he's strong against. There's not a lot you can do outside of being babysat by your jungler or doing a lane swap with a teammate.

Psychotic Man

10-05-2013

The problem is that I can't do match when the lane matchup is based on more than just him and me. The extra guy ruins any chance I have of farming safely without pushing much, or not getting harrassed too much from the enemy, no matter whether the extra guy is on my side or the opponents.

How do I win or even survive such situations?

Forever IU

10-05-2013

Buy an early spectre's cowl and teemo is useless.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2013

Trade lanes.

xJLx MCHammer

10-05-2013

You should be able to kill him if you have a jungler who has a brain. With your q, you should make it an easy gank

xJLx MCHammer

10-05-2013

As far 2 vs 1 go, its something you will lose. Your job is to endure it so the jungler can get every other lane fed with buffs and ganks.